How Cold Will You Go?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red white

Re: How Cold Will You Go?

Post by relic »

Kind of know how you feel Dave. Closer to 70 than sixty, noon is a good time to work on your junk after things warm up.
Small living spaces are great, easy to maintain but why would you want a garage full of stuff to work on?
Enjoy the things you have and the sunny days to play with them and have a nap if you feel like it
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Explain this nap thing?
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red white

Post by relic »

Hung with a full tilt Irish man who would never admit to needing a nap but instead said he was going down.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Well, it took me two days but I got the new K66 tires on my 2014 Forza 300.

I am beat up and sore. Who knew I would get old?

Many people and things have tried to not let me get old. All the people who have fired guns at me have missed. Most of the animals that have tried to harm me have missed except for a few dogs. A Saint Bernard bit me on the bum big time and a German Shepard was instructed to successfully attack me. The Grizzly, the cattle, the sheep and the vulture are just bad memories.

If I win the lottery I am buying a bike lift and a work bench. The knees can't take the ground like they used to.

The Heidenau K66 have a stiff sidewall and are hard to spoon on. I should have used my sex lube instead of soap. The wheels are scratched up but I just don't care.

The rear brake pads were worn out as expected and replaced.

I used 3 8oz bottles of Ride-On tire sealant/balancer. Expensive stuff but so are tow trucks.

Yesterday was a holiday so I waited until 5C and then took off the front wheel. I brought it inside. I got the tire off and the new one on with a lot of struggle. The K66 are not easy.

I expected to get the rear off and then wait for Tuesday's mail for the rear new one. It came unexpectedly on Monday so I swapped the tires. I was too exhausted and cold to put it on. I waited again this morning until 5C and then put the rear wheel back on. I was really sore by then, too fat and old.

It was sunny today but cold. I needed to ride the scooter to distribute the Ride-On. I went once around the air port to check things out and then headed to Yale for my pepperoni stick and coffee late lunch.

It was still reasonable riding so I headed up the canyon to Boston Bar for my ice cream.

I had a little delay as they were clearing rock from the mountains. I was concerned if I could get home.

It was dark when I put the scooter away.

I need a rich girlfriend.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

The last time I changed my own tires was on a '73 Yamaha TX 650. Royal PITA . . .. But got it done. :roll:

Yup . . . long long ago . . . when Pontiac, Oldsmobile, American Motors, Plymouth, and Mercury still emerged fresh from the factories and were destined to roam the earth. 8)

Since then, I just take the wheels off the machine and bring them to a dealership to swap out the old for the new. It's worth it to me and much easier on the knuckles. :D

I hate it when I'm working on a machine and suddenly notice a "Jackson Pollock" artwork of dripping red meandering blood on the back of my hand. o_O :? :(

As with tires . . . we are only good for a limited amount of miles so best to "Live in the Now". :geek:
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Too damn sore to even think about motorcycles and it is SUNNY.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Too cold, I am going back to bed.

I had a flat tire on Friday. I was on the highway at 120 km/h. I pulled off to have a coffee.

My cell phone was beeping a lot. I looked at my tire pressure monitor app and it said I only had 10 psi in my rear tire.

The tire did not look flat.

The Heidenau K66 was not even two weeks used.

There was a bit of Ride-On tire sealant on the springs and the fender.

I finished my coffee and rode to the Husky station across the road. They had one of the last remaining free air hoses in Canada and it worked.

I unscrewed my tire pressure monitor valve cap and put air in the tire.

I rode down a side road and checked the tire pressure app. All was good.

I rode down the highway. All was still good.

The traffic on the TransCanada Highway 1 was really slow for a long way. There was a giant D Jones Trucking wood chip b-train in the high speed ditch. I am D Jones but it was not my truck.

I continued on my way to IKEA Coquitlam for Swedish Meatballs. I looked around the store and then checked the tires.

Still good so I rode to the big Holeshot multi brand motorcycle dealer in Langley. I looked at $1000 pants and $1000 jacket, Klim is nice but too expensive for me. I should set up a Go Fund Me page. I am naked, buy me clothes!

The tire still had air so I hit the highway for home. It got dark. It rained a lot. The wind got up to 76 kmph. It was a violent ride home on a scooter.

I hung up my Olympia riding gear in the shower on Friday night and it is still there Sunday morning. I am going back to bed.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:Too cold, I am going back to bed.

I had a flat tire on Friday. I was on the highway at 120 km/h. I pulled off to have a coffee.

My cell phone was beeping a lot. I looked at my tire pressure monitor app and it said I only had 10 psi in my rear tire.

The tire did not look flat.

The Heidenau K66 was not even two weeks used.

There was a bit of Ride-On tire sealant on the springs and the fender.

I finished my coffee and rode to the Husky station across the road. They had one of the last remaining free air hoses in Canada and it worked.

I unscrewed my tire pressure monitor valve cap and put air in the tire.

I rode down a side road and checked the tire pressure app. All was good.

I rode down the highway. All was still good.

The traffic on the TransCanada Highway 1 was really slow for a long way. There was a giant D Jones Trucking wood chip b-train in the high speed ditch. I am D Jones but it was not my truck.

I continued on my way to IKEA Coquitlam for Swedish Meatballs. I looked around the store and then checked the tires.

Still good so I rode to the big Holeshot multi brand motorcycle dealer in Langley. I looked at $1000 pants and $1000 jacket, Klim is nice but too expensive for me. I should set up a Go Fund Me page. I am naked, buy me clothes!

The tire still had air so I hit the highway for home. It got dark. It rained a lot. The wind got up to 76 kmph. It was a violent ride home on a scooter.

I hung up my Olympia riding gear in the shower on Friday night and it is still there Sunday morning. I am going back to bed.
We should have a like button...
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

We should also have a "You are a dumb crazy fool" button. I would be King.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Tire is flat. I am staying home until spring!
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

That sucks. At least the Ride-On got you home. Without it you would of paid $300 for a tow truck.

New tire for $100 or a stringy plug and ride?
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Tire is flat. I am staying home until spring!
Sometimes it's the valve and not the tire. I had a tire on my Suzuki that was losing air and later discovered it was the valve. It looked OK but the base was broken. I removed the wheel and took it to my local dealer to have the valve replaced. Sometimes the valve core may have issues. The only other thing you can do is the soapy water bubble search . . ..

It would be cheaper to plug the tire if it's relatively new.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Welcome to March! Spring is on the horizon. :D
100_4879a.jpg
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

The rear tire has just over 900 km out of a possible 12,000 km.

I can see one hole in the middle of a centre block. A stringy plug would work well at that location. I need to soapy water test the tire to see if there are any more holes.

A new K66 would be $136 plus $50 for the Ride-on. A stringy plug kit was $10 today.

If it gets a bit warmer tomorrow I might work on the tire.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

The rear tire has just over 900 km out of a possible 12,000 km.

I can see one hole in the middle of a centre block. A stringy plug would work well at that location. I need to soapy water test the tire to see if there are any more holes.

A new K66 would be $136 plus $50 for the Ride-on. A stringy plug kit was $10 today.

If it gets a bit warmer tomorrow I might work on the tire.
Sounds like you are getting closer to identifying the problem. I have to admit anything to do working with water when it's really cold is unpleasant. Give it some time when you apply the dishwater soap. Sometimes the leaks are really slow and aren't readily visible.

This morning there was ice on the bird bath when I fed the birds (and squirrels LOL!!!). This afternoon it will be 50 F.. The "Goldfinches" and "Red Wing Blackbirds" have returned although it seems a bit early. Better riding days are on the horizon. :D
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

The tire plug is in. The hole was bigger than I thought.

It is 11C. I am going around the block, check pressure on my FOFO iPhone app. If it is still good I will go to the garbage dump and check the pressure again. If still good I will go to Yale and buy a lottery ticket & a breaded pepperoni stick with really bad gas station coffee.

The weather looks like black storm clouds, I better hurry up.

The ride is normally very dangerous with New Canadian inexperienced truck drivers marginally in control of 30 wheel lumber b-trains.

If I don't make it back it has been a pleasure knowing you strange people.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I have returned. I made it to Lytton.

I bought my Lottery ticket, now we wait until tomorrow.

Tomorrow I also want to check the tire again.

It was very windy and wet.

I have taken my Tums and it is time to make supper followed by more Tums.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Quite windy on my turf today as well . . .. Really had to hang onto the handlebar of the 125 and try to keep my balance without being pushed into oncoming traffic close to the shoreline. Wind gusts approaching 40 MPH were forecast and it made me grin. Had to ride. :lol:

So the tire pressure held?

BTW I used to take TUMS years ago but for some reason I stopped needing them. I think it had something to do with changing my eating habits. I don't use sugar in my coffee . . . just honey. I also backed way off ice cream, cheese, dairy in general, sodas, red meat, fried foods, and ravioli. :roll:
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Haven't checked tire yet.

Just going out now. 55 mph (89 kph) winds here last night.

The mobile home was a rocking and no sex was involved.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Duplicate post removed. WN
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster