Leno's Cub video

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Leno's Cub video

Post by fish »

Fish
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Re: Leno's Cub video

Post by springer1 »

I thanks for posting - I didn’t know the old 50s had electric start !
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Around here the little 50cc scooters struggle to get up the hills, and keeping up with traffic is impossible. I know that it is a fun little scooter for high school kids, but there have been accidents here involving high school kids on little 50cc scooters being run off the road by aggressive drivers. Heck, every single day I see car after car go through traffic lights that are "inconveniently" red.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Mel46 wrote:Around here the little 50cc scooters struggle to get up the hills, and keeping up with traffic is impossible. I know that it is a fun little scooter for high school kids, but there have been accidents here involving high school kids on little 50cc scooters being run off the road by aggressive drivers. Heck, every single day I see car after car go through traffic lights that are "inconveniently" red.
Mel, the Cub is a 125 - don't think I've ever seen a 50cc around here - except gathering dust at the Honda dealer.
Fish
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red white

Post by relic »

Sorry-Jay leno is a relic
A moneyed old school living in the past dinasour
A hundred years ago a fellow named Benz invented the internal combstion engine to find a use
for gasoline that was a by product that was created when refining crude oil.
Now it seems we are stuck with that shit and the clunky machines that burn it.
Give me nuclear power and electric motors please.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Give me nuclear power and electric motors please.
No doubt humanity has bought into the fossil fuel and conspicuous consumption thing big time. :o o_O :?

And I think we should learn from the exploitation and near extinction of whales for lamp oil. There are indeed limits.

Right now we have one foot in the past and one foot in the future. Whether we realize it or not we are going to go "all in" to the future. Whether or not it will be a pleasant experience is being decided right now in the choices we make each day.

The sun and wind are something we experience when we ride . . ..

For more and more people around the globe they are quickly becoming experienced somewhat vicariously when a switch is turned on to light a room.

So I guess the point is to "Get Experienced".

When I hear/read about people getting upset about wind generators infringing upon their "view" along coastlines or try to block development of off-shore wind generators for fear of losing their precious view it shows the height of ignorance and selfishness. I can understand they do make a loud "whoossshhh" noise so on land it's understandable to place them appropriately.

I'd much rather have wind generators out off my coast than oil rigs any day and I think their effect on migrating bird populations would be a lot less than the damage that's been done to them already through habit loss and contamination. :geek:

Just my two cents . . .. :D

And yes the Super Cub 125 would be a nice choice for 100 to 125 MPG. Instant replay . . .. :lol:
100_6539a.jpg