Costs of servicing Forza 300

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

mikeoc
Year: 2020 Forza 300

Costs of servicing Forza 300

Post by mikeoc »

Hi! I have a Honda Integra 750 and love it but, just had the 32k mile service done today and it was ridiculously expensive. Before this bike, I always had 125 scooters, and the servicing costs even in London UK were always around £150- £200 max. So I'm tempted to lose a bit of power and move 'down' to a 300 - but I just wanted to check what kind of costs to expect for maybe 16k and 32k services if anyone has had them done yet? Thanks!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Costs of servicing Forza 300

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome aboard Mike! I'm sure a Forza luva :D will be along shortly to answer your question, in the meantime would you do us all a favor by adding your location in your profile? It makes it a helluva-lot easier for us to answer your questions now, and in the future. You can follow my directions below if you need direction. Thank you.

Be safe, Enjoy your rides ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
mikeoc

Post by mikeoc »

Done, thanks for the pointer! :D
MORON
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MORON »

I thought I would mention that servicing by dealers I think is out of the question now. not to mention that are many online videos to help the home servicer. the manual is decent as well when you get by the page flipping. the most difficult service is the valve clearance check. However, having a PCX 150 prior to my Forza, and doing the valve services twice, I discovered it was useless within the first 2 years I had the 150. they don't move and getting all that plastic off is a bitch. so I am waiting on my Forza and listening to the motor for slight tapping. However, it has been 3 years and nothing and the performance is super stable. Being these are small motors on both bikes and are water-cooled, I think one can go years without valve movement. happy recklessness........Moron
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

I had the valves checked once at about 20,000 km and I haven't had them checked ever again.

I have 123,485 km on the 2014 Honda Forza 300 and it still works fine.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

If you've just paid out for a big service, it makes absolutely no sense at all to sell.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
mikeoc

Post by mikeoc »

I wouldn't be looking to sell straight away, the Integra is running better than ever after this recent service, but by the time it's next service is due, I now intend swap it out for a new bike. As much as I would like to get more hands on, I'm not particularly mechanically minded and often work 12hr days and get home when it's dark and late, so I don't mind paying for it to be done - within reason! Question - if I were to buy a brand new Forza 300 next yr, would I have to have it serviced by a Honda dealer to maintain the warranty, or could I use independent garages?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

mikeoc wrote:Question - if I were to buy a brand new Forza 300 next yr, would I have to have it serviced by a Honda dealer to maintain the warranty, or could I use independent garages?
Yes, in the UK the warranty requires Honda dealer servicing.
The rules for cars do not apply to motorcycles.
One of the main reasons for longer warranties is to increase revenue to dealers from servicing.

If you buy a Forza 300 you would have a first service at 600 miles then annual or 8000 miles.
The 1year/8000 mile service is a minor one, the biggie is at 16,000 which requires valve clearance check and new drive belt.

By the time 16,000 rolls around you might be out of warranty anyway so wouldn't lose anything by getting it done cheaper at an independent.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
mikeoc

Post by mikeoc »

That’s super helpful info, thank you gn2.
glencoeman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by glencoeman »

gn2 wrote:
mikeoc wrote:Question - if I were to buy a brand new Forza 300 next yr, would I have to have it serviced by a Honda dealer to maintain the warranty, or could I use independent garages?
Yes, in the UK the warranty requires Honda dealer servicing.
The rules for cars do not apply to motorcycles.
One of the main reasons for longer warranties is to increase revenue to dealers from servicing.

If you buy a Forza 300 you would have a first service at 600 miles then annual or 8000 miles.
The 1year/8000 mile service is a minor one, the biggie is at 16,000 which requires valve clearance check and new drive belt.

By the time 16,000 rolls around you might be out of warranty anyway so wouldn't lose anything by getting it done cheaper at an independent.
That is not true! To keep your Honda warranty in the UK, you can use any motorcycle dealer for service under EU law (we are still in the EU, for a while at least), the main criteria being, is that Honda prefers you to use genuine Honda filters etc. Actually, aftermarket Hi-Flo oil filters exceed the German TUV standards so are quality filters - most of the bike trade use them.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

glencoeman wrote:To keep your Honda warranty in the UK, you can use any motorcycle dealer for service under EU law (we are still in the EU, for a while at least), the main criteria being, is that Honda prefers you to use genuine Honda filters etc.
You are wrong.
Those EU rules for independent servicing being ok for warranty do not apply to motorcycles.

4.2.1. Products and services covered by the scope of the Regulation

‘Motor vehicle’ means a self propelled vehicle intended for use on public roads and
having three or more road wheels.

https://ec.europa.eu/competition/sector ... ure_en.pdf
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

I believe the law does not exempt Motorcycles from service work outside the manufacturers authorized centers. I would love to challenge that in court and where in the law does it say two wheelers are not allowed to have service done by others using proper Honda materials or equivalent . I don't think you will ever need to challenge it anyway as you will most likely never use the warranty and if its a plastic tab or minor part I doubt Honda will deny you a claim just because you got an oil change somewhere else. However if you run the damn thing out of oil altogether than no warranty will save you..