ACG boost assist?

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mikes150pcx
Year: 2019
Color: Metallic grey

ACG boost assist?

Post by Mikes150pcx »

Has anyone considered using the ACG as a power boosted in relation to engine horsepower? Is there any developments in this because it could add 2 horsepower and maybe more if the electrical AGC timing could be modified for high speed rpm instead of low speed torque start. I all ready know that Charing would be interupted and 24-36 volts would be needed for real effect however I have no complete understanding on this generator but I know with correct modification it's possible. I don't know if anyone has looked into this before and if not I would like to try after I learn how it operates.
Let me know what you think!
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Re: ACG boost assist?

Post by Gil »

Honda did have a Hybrid on display on one of their expositions. It used the ACG as a hybrid motor by adding a hybrid battery pack. I think we would need someone with electronics knowledge to figure that out.
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
Mikes150pcx

Post by Mikes150pcx »

Honda already has done it. I just saw the hybrid and they use it too extend the range for economy.
Mikes150pcx

Post by Mikes150pcx »

I'm going to get a brushless DC motor controller and make it a hybrid! I am certain I can get 3-4 extra horses. We,