How many miles / km on your Forza?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: How many miles / km on your Forza?

Post by davenowherejones »

?[/quote]

Cudos to the staff who never freaq when i walk in geared up.
Fish[/quote]

I had one lady in Tims follow me around with a mop but I was very dripping wet in my full mesh lime green Olympia Jacket & pants.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

80211 km

I went up to Prince George just to see if I could get there in one day. I could not. I ended up in Lac La Hache the first night where I donated blood to the mosquitos. I set up my tent and crawled in. The next thing I heard was a bear banger ( very loud fire cracker to scare bears away). Scary sleeping.

I got up at 6 the next morning and went to Barkerville. It is a re-created gold rush town on Williams Creek. My original birth certificate said Williams. I tried to proclaim myself King Ralph Edward Williams and demanded back taxes since 1850. The serfs would not pay.

The town was interesting but the smell was all wrong except for two horses and me. A lot of people in a small area would produce a lot of human sewage. I don't think the miners were known for their daily bathing. I smelt authentic.

I rode on to Prince George where I was denied access to the restroom for a while. The hookers and drug dealers were being a nuisance. They all looked very young. McDonalds had an opera on their music system.

I rode around town on a deserted Sunday night. I went to a private campsite south of town. I registered, paid and then was shown my site. The owner said that the bear tracks were not a problem, she said be happy, don't worry!

I got up at 6 and left in a hurry. Quesnel Denny's did not even ask for ID when I ordered the Senior's Slam breakfast. The highway was a bloody mess just before Spences Bridge. A big motorhome had hit a female big horn sheep (?) The body was still in the middle of the highway. There was a lot of blood.

I eventually got home after 1509 km. Way too many gas stops and too much wildlife.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

81288 km and I am out of rear tire again. I went to Spuzzum before supper at a bar in Hope last night.

I got back to Hope a little early so I had a good look at my rear tire. It is almost at the tread bars. There are some serious cuts in the tread.

I use Ride-On tire sealant so I still have air pressure. I have 11,800 km on the tire that I installed in the middle of March. Four, 4, months out of a Michelin CityGrip is annoying.

I have a new Michelin in my shed but I was hoping to install it in October ready for next year.

I now have to decide how much longer to use the current tire. A wise man would replace it now. A Scotsman would let it go for a while longer. So am I suicidal if I keep on riding.
Lafree
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: White

Post by Lafree »

Hi Dave, when I worked on planes we ran the tyres until the cord were showing then we coloured them with a black felt tip pen so the pilot couldn't see them try that. Lafree
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Lafree wrote:Hi Dave, when I worked on planes we ran the tyres until the cord were showing then we coloured them with a black felt tip pen so the pilot couldn't see them try that. Lafree
I used to volunteer for the Abbotsford International Airshow. Some of the Russian aircraft arrived with the cords showing.

I did run one CityGrip right down to the cords. I ran my hand over the tread and the wires stuck in my hand. Ouch!

Gotta go, the sun is shining and I still have tread left.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

81766 km and I look at the rear tire after every ride. I really like the Forza but if I win the Lotto I would seriously look at a Zero electric motorcycle.

Both the Zero and the Forza have no gears and no chains to lube. Both are limited range bikes where you really have to pay attention where the next fuel/power up is.

As I said before I get substantially better fuel mpg in hot weather. 93.7 miles per Canadian gallon and a little while back 101.6.

It is hot, 30C, right now. I will try to have french fries at Zopkios this afternoon at about 4000 asl.

ps Nobody is posting much these days, have I annoyed everyone or have the Forza's all died?
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Missing the Forza,but been on a long RV trip up close to your venue,but on the American side of the Thousand Islands.Cant go to Canada no papers for the cat.Dont believe in all that rabies bullshit shots.Cat never goes out.Anyway,moving on now in Acadia Nat Park.That is some great motorbike riding..you should give it a go.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

easyrider wrote:Missing the Forza,but been on a long RV trip up close to your venue,but on the American side of the Thousand Islands.Cant go to Canada no papers for the cat.Dont believe in all that rabies bullshit shots.Cat never goes out.Anyway,moving on now in Acadia Nat Park.That is some great motorbike riding..you should give it a go.
I had the same problem as your cat. I recently got a passport so I could go but it is about a 10,000 km trip.

Several lifetimes ago I did Vancouver Newfoundland Vancouver on a Honda CB125 street bike but that was 36 years ago. I have no doubt that the Forza would easily make the trip. The 59 year old body might make it. I would have to start with a new rear tire.

Several years ago I went to Washington State but only with a Driver's License for ID. They made me sit on the Group W Bench for 45 minutes while they determined which of the two thousand David Jones's with criminal records I was. I was none of the above but just barely. I had to show them the tattoos I didn't have. I did not get strip searched but almost.

A later trip I flew into Seattle in a small plane delivering a friend of a friend of a friend. She made us nervous. We got rid of her and it was time to go home. I needed to use a restroom and I could see one at the terminal. I did not have the proper papers to get off the plane. I asked customs if I use the restroom. They said NO! I threatened to pee off of the airplane wing. They relented and said go quickly to the restroom. I did.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

Lol...great story..Yep,when the uniformed guard looked at the cat and said "Your papers please"He said "meow you."and we turned around.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

easyrider wrote:Lol...great story..Yep,when the uniformed guard looked at the cat and said "Your papers please"He said "meow you."and we turned around.

We have the same animal passport/rabies/worm thing here even though the risk disappeared in the last century. :roll:
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

I say build a wall for 150 billion to keep those critters from crossing over.You just never know when a cat walks across the border without his papers through the woods .And Canada shall pay for it.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

easyrider wrote:I say build a wall for 150 billion to keep those critters from crossing over.You just never know when a cat walks across the border without his papers through the woods .And Canada shall pay for it.

:lol: you more redneck than Homie

We tried it with Scotland. Doesn’t work.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

Wont work here either.!
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

Eh!!..no!...not you lot...The Romans under Hadrian built it while occupying you lot!!......hence Hadrians wall cause they could conquer you but not us!!.....but they soon got fed up and went home. ;)
halluinoid
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: blue

Post by halluinoid »

errr define soon :P

so I just got my Forza 2 days ago, currently going nowhere with a fuel cap that wont unlock :lol: never mind, it could be worse
Attachments
7850 miles on the clock 2 days ago
7850 miles on the clock 2 days ago
HondaForzaDetails.JPG (101.85 KiB) Viewed 918 times
2018 Honda Forza 300cc
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

dergav wrote:Eh!!..no!...not you lot...The Romans under Hadrian built it while occupying you lot!!......hence Hadrians wall cause they could conquer you but not us!!.....but they soon got fed up and went home. ;)

:lol: The weather.