Sharing Halloween

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Sharing Halloween

Post by WhiteNoise »

:lol: You two are Fun characters, I enjoy your input! Oh and I do Focus watching Hocus Pocus! Fun movie, with a Fun cast. This takeoff scene on the Vaccuum - Crazy!

Lovin' these Halloween commercials

Lololol every time

(Psst! Re: I'm Forever bouncing off the "my" limiter :lol: Holiday, or No Holiday. Scoot or no Scoot)

Tidbit: Today Doc appt., sucking my blood. Apropos on the Eve of Halloween o_O
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gbru2505
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2017
Color: Carbon Grey

Post by gbru2505 »

Some homes make an effort and put on little tableaux so you know which homes to call on for treats. Took my 6 year old son out this evening in costume and then for a walk along the Blackpool 'Illuminations' which is an end-of-tourist-season big deal around here and finishes this weekend.
Halloween or any kind of autumn festival of fire that you get in many other cultures was replaced in the UK hundreds of years ago with Bonfire (Guy Fawkes) Night on November 5th, which is when you get big bonfires and fireworks (moreso than any other day including New Years).
IMG_20191031_190838.jpg
IMG_20191031_190838.jpg (128.38 KiB) Viewed 619 times
IMG_20191031_190259.jpg
IMG_20191031_190259.jpg (100.01 KiB) Viewed 619 times
IMG_20191031_190442.jpg
IMG_20191031_190442.jpg (62.83 KiB) Viewed 619 times
IMG_20191031_192940.jpg
IMG_20191031_192940.jpg (130.06 KiB) Viewed 619 times
G'Bru
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Really nice pictures.

I found out yesterday that my grandchildren are being taught the wrong origins of these various holidays, but I am not going to be the one who argues with a teacher about what they teach. I suspect that they do not want to tell the children that most of these holidays were pagan holidays that were absorbed into Christianity in order to convert various tribes and countries to Christianity in the early days of its growth.

I know that we should just enjoy the fun that comes with holidays, but the truth is still better than a lie. Oh well. I hope everyone had a happy Halloween and handed out lots of candy. Their dentists will appreciate you. :lol:
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Some homes make an effort and put on little tableaux so you know which homes to call on for treats.
Nice pictures indeed!

I miss the days when I used to take my kids around the neighborhood trick or treating . . .. I'm glad I spent a lot of time with them as they grew up. :D
Their dentists will appreciate you. :lol:
I read somewhere that it's the bread and crackers that rot your teeth. :lol:

Don't forget to brush twice daily! :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I did watch hocus pocus last night :D
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

My granddaughter went as a witch from Hocus Pocus. She was the blonde. She didn't want to have to carry a vacuum cleaner, and she didn't want to wear buck teeth. She looked cute. I think they watch Hocus Pocus every year at this time.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thank you G'Bru for sharing. Those are Beautiful photos! Nice to read that you took your son out for treats and then enjoyed some grandiose lighting.
On Long Island we do extraordinary Christmas lighting along Jones Beach State Park area. Show opens 11/16 and runs through 12/30. Other light shows can be seen in other townships throughout the Island. Would be grand to see it all from a helicopter. Noo, Not by me, but I'm sure it has been done.

So tomorrow, November 5th is truly your Celebration Day across the pond. I hope we see some more photos should you decide to join in those festivities :P

~Our 2019 Halloween~ Oh My....
It started raining around 5 o'clock. Not heavy. Drizzle and mist. It was Damp out. But no matter, the Goblins marched on!
Here are a few pics taken around 4pm by a neighbor down my street.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (171.75 KiB) Viewed 586 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (183.74 KiB) Viewed 586 times
By 8pm the streets were flooded with people bumping into one another, and getting to know one another. So much joy and happiness :P

My neighbor took great videos as well but I can't share them. It's a "private community" thing. Too bad because it's in the videos where you can See the Hundreds of kids, adults and pets dashing about, yelling, screaming, enjoying themselves.
Our gates opened at 3pm, at which time our security cars started roaming the community. No vehicles allowed in or out unless you lived here and had an Orange Pass. With aim to keep the 700 trick or treaters and their animals safe.
Our Halloween closed at 9pm at which point the ghosts, goblins, and whatever they were, (lol) were told by security to exit. They followed up till all were gone.
This event takes place every year where I live. They come by word of mouth so the count is forever increasing.

Another year, another celebration. Once again the children and their families were polite and respectful. Keep the Faith, I witness this every year. Be hopeful, and "Teach Your Children Well"
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (128.26 KiB) Viewed 586 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gbru2505
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2017
Color: Carbon Grey

Post by gbru2505 »

Thanks for the pics White Noise. Looks like everyone is having a great time, and I'm sure it got ecxciting for the children as it got darker. My partner is just back from a visit to Florida. Seems like a very different world to the EU. Sometimes I struggle to compare our notions of freedom. There aren't many gated communities here, although there are more than there were.
G'Bru
halluinoid
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: blue

Post by halluinoid »

we used to get tons of kids knocking on our door for sweets and biscuits but in the last 3 years its just plummetted :o :o we see nobody now :ugeek:

now you have to go the extra mile and place a lantern/ pumpkin/ skeleton outside your house or they wont come near!! :lol:
2018 Honda Forza 300cc