Box Button Issues - Forza 2016

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

KGRANGER
Year: 2016
Color: White

Box Button Issues - Forza 2016

Post by KGRANGER »

Hi Team,

I have a 2016 Forza, and the box button does not work. Without the key in the correct position, the button cannot be pushed (ok) but when the key is in, the button CAN be pushed but does not release the box. I see there is another forum post about this problem but without resolution.. I was hoping to fix it myself without taking it to a mechanic. Does anyone have a guide on removing all fairing panel's so I can gain access to the mechanism? Better yet.... Does anyone have a solution to this?

Kane

QLD, Australia
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Box Button Issues - Forza 2016

Post by gn2 »

The releases are operated by bowden cables and can stick.
First... make sure the steering lock is unlocked and the ignition switch is in the off position.
By "box" do you mean the glove box?
Get a hold of the glove box lid and try wiggling it back and forwards as you (repeatedly) press on the release button.
If its the seat release, press down on the back of the seat while you press the button.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
KGRANGER
Year: 2016
Color: White

Post by KGRANGER »

Thanks GN2,

Yes, I mean the left side upper fairing below the rear brake lever which is access by a button adjacent the ignition labelled 'box'. Of course I have tried the wiggling technique, unfortunately without success. I guess I may need to begin attempting to pull all the fairings off to gain access to the Bowden cable..
salsa
Year: 2014
Color: Forza red

Post by salsa »

My 2014 had that problem right after getting it last summer. One scooter/motorcycle place nearby (which was recommended by a friend who owns a Silverwing) worked on it for an hour, trying to get into the area. Because of their high hourly price, I told them not to continue. When I took it in for winter storage to my regular guy, who's got such a WIDE ability with all sorts of machines, he got right on it and didn't even charge me! He simply said the cable came off. Sounds like this happens pretty frequently with the Forza from what I've seen on various sites.