Can't remember your 'MOS' ?

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Can't remember your 'MOS' ?

Post by fish »

This is a weird topic, but I found it interesting - was shared with me by a scooter friend recently.
A listing of U.S. Army occupations, with their MOS codes, during the Vietnam era.
http://ed-thelen.org/MOS-Vietnam-era.html

On the flight home I sat next to a guy who was practicing his war service story. Stated he was essentially a Combat Baker. (He did have the waistline to go with part of that story :) )
We had a saying, in those days-----
Fairy tales can start two ways, "Once upon a time...."
Or, "This is no sh_t!, ..."

Fish, 91A-30
*no suffix for being a 'Conchie' over there (ala, "Hacksaw Ridge")
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Can't remember your 'MOS' ?

Post by Mel46 »

During the Vietnam war I was an X-ray tech in the Air Force, stateside. I have no idea what my MOS was way back then. I did my job until it was the end of my enlistment. Then I went into the civilian world for 4 years and found that I missed military life. When the economy dumped because the war was ending for us, I found myself unemployed, along with 25% of Dallas, Texas. I went into the Coast Guard because I wanted an active part in saving lives.

Flying had always been my dream, so when they offered me a crewman position on aircraft, I jumped at.

I was an aircraft electrician, Search & Rescue crewman on multiple aircraft types, radioman/navigator on H3 helicopters, flight mechanic, co- pilot on smaller helicopters, senior aircraft electrician on missions to the Antarctic and the Arctic, head of the aircraft electrical shop, dropmaster on C-130 cargo planes, and much more. What do you put down as your MOS when you get to do it all??!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Can't remember your 'MOS' ?

Post by you you »