2016 Honda Forza 125 ABS LIGHT BLINKING

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Mickyc94
Year: 2016
Color: Silver

2016 Honda Forza 125 ABS LIGHT BLINKING

Post by Mickyc94 »

Hiya. Thought id pop on a forum to get someones opinion before I go replacing parts that I dont need to.

Basically it was time to change my tyres on my 2016 Honda Forza 125, starting with the rear tyre. Anyway, I have changed the rear tyre and mounted it to the bike, everything is back to where it should be and I thought everything would be great until I turned ignition on, ABS light on which is normal, as soon as I start the bike up and engine is running the ABS light starts blinking and doesnt stop even when riding it as I know its suppose to be solid until you reach 6mph then goes off but at the moment its just blinking. The only other thing I changed was the actual wheel mount because bolts had snapped in previous one so I just used the sensor that was already on the wheel mount I bought as I was unable to remove the old sensor from previous wheel mount as its jammed in pretty good. Ive been told I should have disconnected battery before unplugging old sensor and plugging other one in but I didnt, could this have actually caused an issue or not.

Im just not sure where to begin and dont fancy taking it to Honda as they will charge a fortune and usually do the work myself but when it comes to this ABS stuff I havent a clue. So if anyone has any clue where to start that would be a massive help.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: 2016 Honda Forza 125 ABS LIGHT BLINKING

Post by gn2 »

Could be the sensor is not working, they're easily damaged.
Swap it for a new one.
Are both tyres the correct size?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

If you want to work on your own bike, and not to trust a service with such wehicle safety system as an ABS, at least buy a service manual.
I'm pretty sure the ABS unit reset and self check procedure is described in there.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Oyabun wrote:If you want to work on your own bike, and not to trust a service with such wehicle safety system as an ABS, at least buy a service manual.
I'm pretty sure the ABS unit reset and self check procedure is described in there.

This seem reasonable advice...
Antjp
Year: 2019
Color: White

Post by Antjp »

I bought a pcx brand new, it had abs problems from 0 miles. I had the light blinking again at about 500 miles after it had been fixed. Contacted my Honda dealer to tell them, I carried on using it until the day it was booked in, whilst doing that the light went off and all back to normal. When I took it to the dealer I was informed that fault codes were stored.