Cross Country on a Ruckus?

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Cross Country on a Ruckus?

Post by Old Grinner »

Inspiring video about a cross country trip on a 49cc Honda Ruckus . . .. I've seen where others have taken Metropolitans on trips where the meek dare not go as well. Perhaps there is something we can learn these experiences. When you get right down to it seems like a great way to test one's character . . ..

FWIW the Mets and Rucks list for under $3K. Just in case you have a sudden urge to go on the verge. :lol:

pcx man
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Cross Country on a Ruckus?

Post by pcx man »

I thought I did a trip going form Ohio to Florida on a Tomos moped. That was only 1000 miles. It was a great trip I will never forget. I was 46 year old at the time. I blow a first gear clutch that I changed on the road side. I packed tools and part so I had everything needed to do the job. The trip only took 7 days with a 2 day lay over in GA visiting a buddy. I rented a van and took the bike back home as I was out of vacation time.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Since you can't take those bikes on the freeway, and they certainly don't go very fast, it must have been slow going. Though the back roads do have some 55 mph zones, there are stop signs and lights all along the roads that go anywhere. There is a major highway that runs from Michigan to Florida, Highway 41, that you could use with a 49cc scooter, but it would still be slow going. I would much rather ride my PCX if I wanted to travel that distance.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I thought I did a trip going form Ohio to Florida on a Tomos moped. That was only 1000 miles. It was a great trip I will never forget. I was 46 year old at the time.
I almost bought a Tomos Sprint but ended up getting a Genuine Roughhouse. You could get a Tomos for around $1200 and then all of a sudden they just stopped selling them in the U.S.. The factory had a change of ownership or something and the culture changed almost overnight. Anyhow . . . you can't walk into a Honda dealer and buy a Tomos anymore . . . unless maybe it's a used one. :roll:

FWIW the Genuine Roughhouse was a nice scoot for the $$. I literally wore it out but it still looked really good. Always used good oil and kept it maintained but riding WOT for over 5K miles can take it's toll on a 49cc.
Since you can't take those bikes on the freeway, and they certainly don't go very fast, it must have been slow going.
The next time you get a rainy day and it's no fun to take out the PCX watch this . . . or grab a coffee and watch it now! You won't be disappointed. It will make you grin! :D :lol: 8)