UK buyers beware

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Anfield800
Regular User
Regular User

UK buyers beware

Post by Anfield800 »

Firstly, if this breaches any posting rule, remove it and let me know. It shouldn't, according to the posts I've just read.

Before ordering a new PCX I offered to buy one via eBay. The day before I collected it a HPI check revealed it was an insurance write off. I have no problem with cat c & d write offs for motorbikes but the listing clearly didn't reflect this.

The seller has listed the scooter again and despite my request has not amended the listing.

It's here
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewit ... 6463555643

I've reported both the original listing and new one to eBay, I'm sure they're all over it. I've also won the lottery. Twice.

Anyway, just want people to know the true history of this scooter before they buy.

Can I post the reg?

Lee
More than two wheels is too many.

maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Re: UK buyers beware

Post by maddiedog »

No rules broken, proceed. :P

He's probably hoping to pass it off to someone not saavy enough to check -- I certainly am not that thorough. :lol:
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JGC »

Still listed, doesn't look as if it has a mark on it. If it is Cat C or D write off makes me wonder if it is a stolen/recovered bike!

Just asked the seller why is it showing on HPI!! Will wait and see if I get a reply ;)
Anfield800
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Anfield800 »

I have to say, my thoughts were that it might be a stolen scooter on the cat c plates.

The reg is FE60PBF, if I can work out how, I'll link to the report.

As I said, I don't have a problem with him selling a cat c if he's honest. But he just isn't.

JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JGC »

Do you have to pay to see HPI report? Might be a case of doing a copy and paste of the wordings of the report
Anfield800
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Anfield800 »

Yeah, it was £10.

Honda Ww 125 Ex2-a
VIN Check You have not performed a VIN check yet.
Engine Size 125cc
Engine Number JF28E2012508
First Registered 23 Sep 2010
Year Manufactured 2010
Former Keepers 2
Last Keeper Change The last recorded change of keeper occurred on 21 Oct 2011
Body Motorcycle
Colour White
Fuel Petrol
Purchase Receipt To enable your guarantee please download and complete the purchase receipt:
Download PDF
Most computers will open PDF documents automatically, but you may need to download Adobe Reader.
Vehicle Checks
Outstanding Finance We have no record of this registration having outstanding finance.
Colour changes This registration has had 1 previous colour, last change from Silver/Aluminium on 31 Aug 2012.
Plate Transfer We have no record of this registration being involved in a plate transfer.
Scrapped We have no record of this registration being scrapped.
Exported We have no record of this registration being exported.
Imported We have no record of this registration being imported.
Stolen We have no record of this registration being stolen.
Destroyed We have no record of this registration being destroyed.
Insurance Write-off This registration was recorded as a Category C write-off on 29 Jul 2011.
Vehicle I.D. Check We have no record of this registration being subject to a Vehicle Identity Check.

This is a cut and paste using the ipad. Sorry if its not presented very well.

Lee

JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JGC »

Strange one this, not shown as stolen but shown as Cat C insurance write off.

One thing I note, is the mention of a colour change. Can someone confirm if Silver is/was a colour option back in 2011. Two owners is nothing unusual either, possibly dealer registered first or demo bike.
Anfield800
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Anfield800 »

My worry is that the scooter he is selling is stolen, but the reg on it is from the cat c write off. The only way to be sure would be to check the engine and chassis numbers.

maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Silver was an option for non-US scooters in 2011.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JGC »

Trading standards might be able to help with advise on that front, or even give local police to you a call stating your concerns give them reg and engine numbers they will do the rest I reckon
JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JGC »

JGC wrote:Strange one this, not shown as stolen but shown as Cat C insurance write off.

One thing I note, is the mention of a colour change. Can someone confirm if Silver is/was a colour option back in 2011. Two owners is nothing unusual either, possibly dealer registered first or demo bike.
Just answered my own question, it appears Silver was available in 2010, so this bike has had all it's panels swapped for white ones!
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

UK buyers beware

Post by Alibally »

If you look at his feedback history on ebay he was selling used pcx silver trims back in may of last year. The plot thickens.....
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

UK buyers beware

Post by Alibally »

He is also selling silver trims now as well as other car parts. Nothing wrong in selling a properly repaired bike but he a least should be listing it as a cat c.
Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cracksta »

looks like he is trying to sell this off without mentioning cat c to keep the price up.

You got a reply on ebay, i'm sure all buyers are now aware of it if they see this.

One thing i hate on ebay posts is people copy/paste a load of facts and figures, why cant they talk about the bike more.

PS: i just asked him a more direct question, he seems to have dodged the original question lol
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by Alibally »

I asked him if its been in an accident or been dropped as there is a dent in the variator cover. He said a few panels were replaced due to it being dropped. Aye right then!!!!
Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cracksta »

he replied back confirming it is a CAT C lol.
JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JGC »

Well I got reply too
It has never been stolen.

It has involved a minor accident due a slip which caused deep scratches to the plastic fairing but replaced with genuine Honda fairing.

It looks and drives like a brand new bike.

if interested I am open for offers.
Me thinks it was a bit more than minor if it was an isurance write off, which ever way you look at it the advert is dishonest in not declaring the Cat C write off. And yes it is my question that shows up on the ebay page. Guess that's left them a little red faced now!
brains_t
Regular User
Regular User

Post by brains_t »

JGC wrote: Me thinks it was a bit more than minor if it was an isurance write off, which ever way you look at it the advert is dishonest in not declaring the Cat C write off. And yes it is my question that shows up on the ebay page. Guess that's left them a little red faced now!
The listing has been amended to reflect the Cat C
JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JGC »

brains_t wrote:
JGC wrote: Me thinks it was a bit more than minor if it was an isurance write off, which ever way you look at it the advert is dishonest in not declaring the Cat C write off. And yes it is my question that shows up on the ebay page. Guess that's left them a little red faced now!
The listing has been amended to reflect the Cat C
Well I guess you could say that is a result then
Anfield800
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Anfield800 »

Yes, definitely a result. That's all I wanted him to do in the first place. At least any buyer is doing so fully informed.