2019 Honda Metropolitan (Giorno)

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

2019 Honda Metropolitan (Giorno)

Post by Old Grinner »

Anyone have any experience with this newer version of the old Met/Jazz machine?

I heard it will actually do 40 MPH. Up about 2 MPH from the previous version. :D

Seems it does offer a combined braking system but still uses the drum brakes front and rear.

Nice looking though. For about $3k out the door it doesn't come cheap. 8)

https://powersports.honda.com/street/sc ... tropolitan
Inoplanetyanin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: WHITE

Re: 2019 Honda Metropolitan (Giorno)

Post by Inoplanetyanin »

Most report it to only go 35, downhill maybe 37. It is painfully slow.

If you are okay with these speeds, it's an ultra reliable and efficient scooter.

Fuel injected, liquid cooled and made in Japan.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: 2019 Honda Metropolitan (Giorno)

Post by Old Grinner »

Most report it to only go 35, downhill maybe 37. It is painfully slow.

If you are okay with these speeds, it's an ultra reliable and efficient scooter.

Fuel injected, liquid cooled and made in Japan.
Yeah . . . that's what I've heard also . . . 35+ depending . . .. But I did read somewhere that said the 2019's should do 40 MPH. My Genuine Roughhouse would move along quite well and do 40 MPH but after 5K miles it started losing compression. Running WOT all the time may have had something to do with that. Nonetheless I traded it in when I got my Zuma. The dealer did a quick rebuild and resold it.

There seems to be an abundance of 2019 Ruckus and Metropolitans still left at dealerships. It's too bad. They both have a long history (especially the bigger Rucks years ago). The essential scooter seems to be synonymous with the "step through" design and floor board. Over time the engines have varied but the popular 49cc is now mostly dedicated to the 4-stroke design and the 2-strokes are becoming more difficult to find. That said, fuel injection and liquid cooling have eliminated a lot of fuel associated issues and over heating problems . . . plus make the little thumpers last longer.

https://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/mo ... 76177.html