New Honda pcx 125

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

blazindata
Year: 2019
Color: Red

New Honda pcx 125

Post by blazindata »

Hi, I'm Steve from Wolverhampton uk. Recently retired I'm getting my new pcx this Friday and found this forum. I have had bikes previously including Kawasaki Vulcan and Piaggio x10i. Couldn't make up my mind between red and grey so tossed a coin and I'm getting red. Will probably be adding some bits such as top box and taller screen, but not immediately. Cheers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: New Honda pcx 125

Post by you you »

blazindata wrote:Hi, I'm Steve from Wolverhampton uk. Recently retired I'm getting my new pcx this Friday and found this forum. I have had bikes previously including Kawasaki Vulcan and Piaggio x10i. Couldn't make up my mind between red and grey so tossed a coin and I'm getting red. Will probably be adding some bits such as top box and taller screen, but not immediately. Cheers

Excellent, keep us informed on how you ride and the mods.
cnikonpete
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by cnikonpete »

Hi Steve, welcome to this site, you will find most of the posts are from the USA, but there are a few of us from the UK , I’m in Cornwall. I got mine in 2018 when I retired, health reasons meant I needed something light, I had a Lambretta back in 1969 as my first bike, but had motorbikes ever since.
I think you will find the PCX a revelation, very nippy and extremely practical.
Not so great on fast roads, but at my age, what the heck!

There’s plenty of good advice on here, but relatively little on the latest version.
Anyway enjoy your new bike, they really are a great form of transport and fun.
marval

Post by marval »

Hi Steve, I live near Uttoxeter and I've had the the previous model in grey 2017 decided to trade it in for a 2019 in RED! last April. I'm sure you will be delighted, like you I am retired and have had bikes all my life. Now it's really nice to be riding a bike that is so simple to ride and is unintimidating, using the appropriate kind of roads it can be huge fun. I've done more miles this year than ever before, Enjoy!!
Lafree
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: White

Post by Lafree »

Hi Steve, a good choice nippy easy to park and no gears twist and go , after 3 years 9000 plus mile 2 tyres and a couple of oil changes all good. Lafree.
blazindata

Post by blazindata »

Cheers all. I also bought a small vw campervan afew months back, so will subsequently be researching if any towbar racks take the bike.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi Steve! welcome to our forums....It's Almost FRIDAY!!

Would love to See some photos of your new to you PCX! You flipped-a coin, that's one way to decide! Funny. Also wanna see some of yer VW Camper-bus 8) Yes!!

Hmm...seeking a VW camper tow bar for "Rosie" (pardonne-moi :D I just named yer scoot!)
I did a quick google, found this website not far from home (me thinks)
https://www.watling-towbars.co.uk

Now the not-so-exciting: You mentioned in your intro, where you're located, thanks for that. I'm now asking for more. Please see below my post and follow instructions to add your location to "your profile." Once completed, your location will appear in the left column under your forum name. Just Like Magic!! :P

I Can't Wait till Friday!!! "Rosie" and VW Camper Pics coming our way!!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (20.98 KiB) Viewed 1491 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
jrewillis

Post by jrewillis »

blazindata wrote:Hi, I'm Steve from Wolverhampton uk. Recently retired I'm getting my new pcx this Friday and found this forum. I have had bikes previously including Kawasaki Vulcan and Piaggio x10i. Couldn't make up my mind between red and grey so tossed a coin and I'm getting red. Will probably be adding some bits such as top box and taller screen, but not immediately. Cheers

Hi Steve. I'm based in Dudley. Also with a red 2019 model. I've got a tall screen, topbox etc. Happy too have a chat over a coffee if you fancy it?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

JUST
ONE.....
MORE.....
DAY! 8)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
UK Picxie

Post by UK Picxie »

Bit late to the party but I’m in Leicestershire with a red 2019 PCX. No mods as yet but the Givi screen will be my first addition. Sounds like we need a Midlands meet given there are a few of us!
jrewillis

Post by jrewillis »

Meetup sounds good!

Where is somewhere nice an central between Wolverhampton/Dudley and Leicester do you reckon?
UK Picxie

Post by UK Picxie »

jrewillis wrote:Meetup sounds good!

Where is somewhere nice an central between Wolverhampton/Dudley and Leicester do you reckon?
I really quick bit of map surfing led to to Kingsbury water park, just south of Tamworth.
blazindata

Post by blazindata »

Hi. i can meet up pretty much any day.
Attachments
pcx.jpg
pcx.jpg (260.36 KiB) Viewed 1292 times
jrewillis

Post by jrewillis »

blazindata wrote:Hi. i can meet up pretty much any day.
How's the ride going Steve?

Still happy to meet up at some point if the rain ever stops.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013

Post by DAB »

UK Picxie wrote:Bit late to the party but I’m in Leicestershire with a red 2019 PCX. No mods as yet but the Givi screen will be my first addition. Sounds like we need a Midlands meet given there are a few of us!
A good place for a meeting would be Hoar park, between Nuneaton and Birmingham. Good bike meet on a Wednesday morning.
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

There's the pic I've been waiting for! What a beautiful pair. Well matched in size as well. Would you ever consider putting the scoot inside while traveling? Or is a tow hitch your final decision/solution?

Before you ride off with the lot of hooligans here :D I have another question:
Will you share with us the model/year of your Van? I don't believe U.S. VW dealers sell that one here. I'm Not sure...but I'm likin' it!

Good Luck and Have Fun!! Do meet up. Go on a venture with members, take pics and Please post back on That!
Ya'll have me thinking of The Traveling Wilburys 8)