Info about PCX model year differences ....

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Loht Bai
Year: 2015
Color: Grey

Info about PCX model year differences ....

Post by Loht Bai »

Can anyone help me with the answers to the following questions?
- Does the 2013 PCX model have a 12 volt charger?
- With all the plastic panels removed, are there any mechanical or technical differences between the 2014 and 2015 PCX models?
- What are the OEM variator roller weight sizes for the PCX 150, model years: 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017?
tjupille
Year: 2013
Color: red

Re: Info about PCX model year differences ....

Post by tjupille »

I have a 2013. No 12V outlet.
Can't tell you anything about the '14 or '5 models
Loht Bai

Post by Loht Bai »

tjupille wrote:I have a 2013. No 12V outlet.
Can't tell you anything about the '14 or '15 models
Thanx!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

The 2014 PCX is somewhat of an oddball. Honda was switching over to LED lights and changing the gearing. However, they could not stop the assembly line, so some of the 2014 models were exactly like the 2013 model, some were completely changed over, and then there were the various degrees of change in between that made it through the line and out to the public.

Because of these changes, we often have to ask those individuals with 2014 models some pointed questions concerning their particular bike. If they have a service manual it would probably say 2013 - 2017, and you would have to pick and choose maintenance based on what you saw, not what you assumed was the way things should be.

Hopefully this gives you more insight into how Honda does their upgrades. :roll: :cry:
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

North American model years are different to other markets.
To get definitive information on parts compatibility for the specific models available in your own country you need to look here: https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

gn2 wrote:North American model years are different to other markets.
To get definitive information on parts compatibility for the specific models available in your own country you need to look here: https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/
That link shows 2014's as old bulb and hump with the 2015's as LED and hump less, which is what my bike is (1st LED UK model). It was registered by the dealer early 2014 and sold May '14, yet Honda class it as a 2015 production model - silly but as discussed before, it seems manufacturers and dealers work this way.
Loht Bai

Post by Loht Bai »

Thanx a lot guys - you're the best! Facts and info are so critical and the posters on this Honda forum come through again and again to help inquisitive beginners like myself. Right-on! gn2 for that universal Honda parts link. Mel46 & Iceman thanx for putting the link info into perspective. It's the quality of this forum that sealed the deal for me on becoming a Honda scooter owner.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yes Loht I agree, we have a Great Group here. They're so helpful. So informed, Experienced and Always willing to share. Puzzles? They come together here.

Right now, I want to Thank "You." You took that one moment in time to praise them. Very kind :P
Cheers! ride safe, have Fun!
What a Fam, I'm So Proud - WN
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Cool! Thanks for that link gn2! Saved in favorites ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Loht Bai

Post by Loht Bai »

WhiteNoise wrote:Yes Loht I agree, we have a Great Group here. They're so helpful. So informed, Experienced and Always willing to share. Puzzles? They come together here.

Right now, I want to Thank "You." You took that one moment in time to praise them. Very kind :P
Cheers! ride safe, have Fun!
What a Fam, I'm So Proud - WN
+2
Everyone here should be reminded that they are so appreciated by us newer guys. The total postings of guys like yourself, gn2, Mel46, Iceman among others literally equal thousands upon thousands!
Maybe the Honda board of directors will recognize the significance of the role of this forum's members??
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

By the way, there are no 2014 models sold in the United States, so what I mentioned previously was for the benefit of those who purchased their bike outside of the United States. As gn2 mentioned, here in the United States the model year is not necessarily the manufacturing year that is on the bike vin number plate. In fact, there is actually a plate attached on the U.S. models that states in big numbers what year model it is. One of my bikes has a 2012 manufacture date, while the other (I believe) has a 2013 manufacture date. Yet both are registered as 2013 models here.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
OldGuywhoTinkers
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by OldGuywhoTinkers »

Loht Bai wrote:Can anyone help me with the answers to the following questions?
- Does the 2013 PCX model have a 12 volt charger?
- With all the plastic panels removed, are there any mechanical or technical differences between the 2014 and 2015 PCX models?
- What are the OEM variator roller weight sizes for the PCX 150, model years: 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017?
============================================================================================================ Quick comments: No cigarette lighter outlet, I added one under the seat, fused with a toggle switch to prevent killing the battery by accident. Works fine for GPS and i-phones,
I happen to have a 1/1/2 amp 120 volt charger designed for cigarette lighters and so if I switch it on, I could charge the battery through it.

Roller weights, hard to comment on a 12 year model run, but most stock weights are 15 grams with individual users custom tuning between 12 - 15 grams. 15 grams is typically stock, but I cannot guarantee that is for all years. I found my replaced 13 gram rollers on my 2013 to engage and go from low to high gear ratio too fast. I now have 14 gram rollers in stock at my house and will switch from 13 to 14 gram the next time I service the variator, belt and rear face drive.