Hello from the new guy

General Honda Forza 125 chat, questions about the Forza 125, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Haarek
Year: 125 Forza
Color: Black

Hello from the new guy

Post by Haarek »

Today a considerable amount of money left my bank account and i turned into a soon-to-be Forza owner. So I thought now would be a good time to introduce myself to the forum and write a few words on my background.

I have been driving scooters for many years but this is my first Honda. Last year I owned a Kymco Downtown 125i that got backed over by a van. Happily no injury to me, but the scooter was toast. When the insurance payout came I was initially looking to buy another Kymco as it had been rock solid and a very good value ride. However my preferred dealer had quit selling Kymcos, so my options got limited to big red. The choice was between the sh125 Mode, the PCX or the Forza. I decided the sh125 and the PCX would be somewhat of a downgrade/on par with the scooter I came from so I decided to shell out for the Forza.

Delivery is hopefully by the end of next week and I'm looking forward to my first ride!
2019 Honda NSS125 Forza.
Norway
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Hello from the new guy

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome aboard, nice intro! :) It's always exciting getting a New Bike! The Forza 125 is sweet but they're not sold in the United States. You must be joining us from elsewhere, across the pond? Please do us (all) a favor by adding your location to your profile. Easy directions are right below my post.
I have a Second request....:D
please post a pic or two of yer lovely when she arrives. Thank ya twice
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Haarek

Post by Haarek »

Got my new scooter today!

Took it for a spin around town and my first impression is that it's got more "go" than my previous Kymco and a very nice power delivery. I haven't tried hard cornering yet, as the tires are still slippery, but the whole package seems very promising. Acceleration is brisk from 0-70 kmph and I felt there was more power left for overtaking. Idle stop works very well and has a trivial delay betwen throttle imput and launch.

The underseat storage is huge and the top-box comfotably fits two full face helmets.

Will try to figure out how to upload some pictures. The forum seems to be a bit picky about sizes
2019 Honda NSS125 Forza.
Norway
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

8) Fabulous! Tis a Great Day! We await your photo(s) :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Docscooter2010
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: PCX Black

Post by Docscooter2010 »

Hi Haarej , bit of a newby myself. Glad to here your forza is going well , I would like to know what you think of the front screen ,is yours the electric one ? , I had a 2016 forza white / blue but you had to pull the screen up by hand , got on my nerves , the rattle from it was constant . Stuffed foam down it to stop it . Is the electric one OK.
Haarek

Post by Haarek »

Yes, I have the electric screen. It works very well and is completely silent (no rattles). However I feel it is just 1-2 cm too short. It might be just something to get used to, as my previous bike had an aftermarket tall screen. I love being able to adjust the height on the fly to adjust the temperature as needed. When riding below 50 km/h i ride with the screen all the way down. From there I increase the height with small blips until about 80km/h when I leave it fully raised. That way I experience no buffeting from standstill to top-speed

The whole bike is really well put toghether. No rattles from anywhere and both seat and top-box close with a "schwlooop" rather than a "clanck!". Percived quality is top notch.
2019 Honda NSS125 Forza.
Norway
Docscooter2010
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: PCX Black

Post by Docscooter2010 »

Good to hear they made some improvement on the screen , must of been something that had been brought to the attention of the boffins at Honda .Enjoy your riding , stay safe buddy .
Haarek

Post by Haarek »

Some pictures:
Attachments
Front.jpg
Front.jpg (325.34 KiB) Viewed 1370 times
side.jpg
side.jpg (286.09 KiB) Viewed 1370 times
2019 Honda NSS125 Forza.
Norway
Brice
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by Brice »

You know how to showcase a the scoot with an fantastic setting!
The only way the scene could be better is if I was riding it. :lol:
You'll have a blast!
Thanks for joining. I'm new here too to this awesome forum.
abcdarko
Year: 2017 Forza 125
Color: Grey Black

Post by abcdarko »

Actually I am no new guy but as of recent the owner of 2017 NSS125 and 2018 PCX.

I love PCX but it will make someone happy soon, I hope.

Last weekend I got my Forza with 3000 km in mint shape from the first owner.

Since I got original PCX top box, it will perfectly fit Forza too. Just ordered shad mounting carrier from Eurobikes.com.
Attachments
forza.JPG
forza.JPG (329.54 KiB) Viewed 1307 times
Spaguar
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018 Forza 125
Color: Silver/Pacific

Post by Spaguar »

abcdarko wrote:Actually I am no new guy but as of recent the owner of 2017 NSS125 and 2018 PCX.

I love PCX but it will make someone happy soon, I hope.

Last weekend I got my Forza with 3000 km in mint shape from the first owner.

Since I got original PCX top box, it will perfectly fit Forza too. Just ordered shad mounting carrier from Eurobikes.com.
Greetings to you from another Darko.
125 Forza is really great for my daily commute to work and I enjoy every ride.
Stay safe and enjoy!
Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
ImageImageImage