2 yr warranty expired

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

2 yr warranty expired

Post by fish »

Ready to be dilivered to my house, August 1, 2017.*

Easy to service, including the valves.
Getting @100mpg.

I did have to replace one malfunctioning part.
( black plastic gas cap kept trying to crossthread. Chinese red billet one works great!)

Sold a newish Japanese made Burgman 400 to purchase this Vietnamese made Piaggio.
The 500lb Burgman was a nice scooter - but I love this little Liberty! Better fit to my riding habits and much easier to service!
Would have loved to consider a Kymco People One big wheel, or an SH 150 Honda - but not sold here.

Fish
* Why 'delivered'?, because the route was 40 miles of 55+ mph roads to my house. Not the way I wanted to break it in.
Also, note the plywood in dealer windows...tornado did that.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: 2 yr warranty expired

Post by Old Grinner »

Good times eh?

The Liberty does look better with the gloss finish rather than the new matte or flat looking red or grey.

So the gas cap was the chink in the armor?

The plastic looks like it wasn't made right to begin with. The plastic/temperature/cycle time may have been off when the batch was made. It could have been poor source material too from recycled rejects on other molding machines. You never know . . ..

What did you mean by "billet" gas cap? Was it a metal one? Is it the Vespa one you show in the pic? :geek:
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Old Grinner wrote:Good times eh?

What did you mean by "billet" gas cap? Was it a metal one? Is it the Vespa one you show in the pic? :geek:
Yes, metal. eBay. Good threads, nice rubber gasket, spins on with no drama!
(and half the price of a new plastic one from TX. Their prices are good - but goofy - $29 - price on the cap!)
The plastic cap on plastic tank neck would stick - & took two hands to undo.
And yeah, I tried lubing it 12 kinds of ways.
I know - trivial - but people would think I'm sandbagging if I didn't have something to gripe about.
Small tank = freq. fill stops. Gas cap sticks, skinny tank neck tries to spill over, cap crossthreads = "dang I hate gas stations!"
Fish
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Small tank = freq. fill stops. Gas cap sticks, skinny tank neck tries to spill over, cap crossthreads = "dang I hate gas stations!"
Fish
The last few years since I've started riding scooters I've been doing "fill ups" using my lawn mower gas cans. I've got a 5 gallon metal one (oldy but goody) and a newer 2.5 gallon plastic one with a longer spout. I usually use the smaller tank to fuel up the XMax because I can get the spout to the filler neck easier without spilling any and it's very flexible (it's like filling the PCX). Just have to be careful not to slosh and keep a steady hand. When removing the spout from the filler neck it's always wise to make sure the drops have stopped. . .. ;)

The bigger, heavier, 5 gallon can works great for the Zuma 125. That filler neck is on the left side of the leg shield facing forward.
100_5122a.jpg
I've also used gas cans to top off my motorcycles but mostly go to the gas stations to fill them up.

So far so good . . .. But I do have to make sure I keep that spout on target and as I listen carefully to hear if it's getting close to the top or not I occasionally pull the spout back and have a "look see".

It kind of reminds me of a movie scene in "Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail". Doing the pour can take a bit of time before it reaches full and then all of a sudden it's right there. A "Whoa" moment. :o o_O :lol:

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Wow! 2 years past already! Damn that clock
Purdy scooter not a wrinkle. Aging well ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Speaking of gas cans, who invented those new pour spouts that are impossible to open!? I have to take them off and use a funnel, which usually means overfilling. I have this problem with almost all of my gas cans (I have 5 gas cans of various sizes from 5 gallon to 1 gallon. The 1 gallon is for my bike when riding out in the country, away from gas stations. I have to bring a funnel for it too!)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers