Freeway Ride

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Calculon
Year: 2015
Color: Red

Freeway Ride

Post by Calculon »

If you take the freeway south from where I live, it's mostly flat, but when going north, there's lots of of large(not mountain range large, but definitely more oomph is needed to get up them) peaks and valleys. I've had the Forza on the freeway before and I was pretty happy with the performance, but today I went north to see how it did on the more fluctuating road. Even on some the larger peaks I was always able to maintain at least 75MPH, which is good cause that's the speed most people are doing, if not more. The bike was super stable too. What surprised me was the it still pulled up to about 80MPH, though not as fast as getting to 75MPH, but then the acceleration kind of died. On a flat stretch I got it up to 83MH, maybe 84MPH, but no more. I had read online where it said the top speed was 95MPH. There's a couple You Tube videos where they hit 90MPH, but perhaps they're lighter than me. Anyone else have the same experience?
wilsonsteve
Year: 2019
Color: white

Re: Freeway Ride

Post by wilsonsteve »

How many miles has your bike done? Mine's just topped 1300 and I've definitely been able to notice the engine loosening up and giving more mph for the same revs. On a flattish stretch of road I've seen 85 on the speedo, with no sign that was all it had - fear for licence made me back off . . . . .

And by-the-by, I'm 14+ stone.
mhdgraphics
Year: 2014
Color: Red Forza

Post by mhdgraphics »

I just completed a 4000+ mile 2 week trip from Las Vegas to Oshkosh, WI for the EAA flyin. Lots of hills, twisties and flat highway and freeway for my 2014 Forza. The scoot carried me (170 lbs) and my camping gear (~ 70 lbs) at up to 80 mph. On the hills I only got up to 65 mph. From Vegas through Utah I had to keep the speed around 70 because of the heat (I could take it to 75 but the temp gauge would rise too high for my comfort) In the cooler climes, 80 mph was no problem... When I started the trip the Forza had 22000+ miles on it, new tires and and oil change.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Wow - that qualifies as an "Iron Butt" ride in my book! Good for you!
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I very much doubt a standard one will do 95mph.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

I got 148 kmph or 92 when mine was almost new.

I had a strong tailwind, the low shield and no top box.
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

Saw 145kph (90mph) at 8500rpm once with 18gram dr. pulley sliders and stock tires.
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015