With regard to the Brakes

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

PeterC
Year: 2019
Color: Black

With regard to the Brakes

Post by PeterC »

I know it is probably going to cause a lot to laugh but on the pcx125 (2019) model is it the left or right brake that is the dual one. o_O
Givestrong
Year: 2018 V4
Color: Matt grey

Re: With regard to the Brakes

Post by Givestrong »

Hi, there's no dual brake on the 2019 model.

Right is front only with ABS
Left is rear only, no ABS
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

PeterC wrote:I know it is probably going to cause a lot to laugh but on the pcx125 (2019) model is it the left or right brake that is the dual one. o_O
You mean dual disc or coupled front / rear ? The 2019 still has the front / rear coupled on the left - correct ?
Givestrong
Year: 2018 V4
Color: Matt grey

Post by Givestrong »

Nope, no CBS on rear brake ! Just a single cable pulling the rear drum.
It's like this on european models, and i think it's the same for others selling regions.

Actually, i find this system more comfy, the rear seems to be more powerful than with the CBS system, + you can have some nice skids when it's rainy :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (122.48 KiB) Viewed 545 times
Hi Peter :P Nah, Not laughing. One way we learn is from asking questions. So let's get past that and get tuit ;)

First, we're Not sure where you're located. We would appreciate it if you would add yours to your profile now. Easy to do, just follow my directions below my post and enter yours. Cool! Thanx! :)

Back to your question, CBS (combined braking system) is activated by the left brake lever (rear brake).
We in the U.S. are offered two trim levels for the '19 PCX model.

You can read more right here on Honda's page: https://powersports.honda.com/street/sc ... ifications
> Then Click the Red "Select a Trim" button

TO ALL: This is Another example of how important it is for Us to know your location. Please add yours to your profile while completing your registration on our forum(s). Or soon afterwards if you forgot! Help Us to Help You
~Happy Trails~
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You