Speaker/phone mounts?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

jacob2cold
Year: 2018
Color: Navy Blue

Speaker/phone mounts?

Post by jacob2cold »

Hi all!

Just recently joined this forum and bought my first scooter - a 2018 Honda PCX 150 w/1850 miles (for $2000!)

I've been doing a lot of research here and elsewhere and haven't really found a tried and true answer.

Does anyone have a solid recommendation for a phone/speaker mount and wireless speaker for the PCX? Most of my driving will be around town, under 55mph.

Thanks in advance!
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: Speaker/phone mounts?

Post by Jge64 »

Rather than playing through a speaker and bothering other people at a stoplight or just in general losing most of the Fidelity, why don’t you mount speakers in your helmet and get a Sena system ,keep the volume low and you can still hear everything around you plus the music. Also you leave all of the bike parts alone…

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sen ... th-headset
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
jacob2cold

Post by jacob2cold »

Jge64 wrote:Rather than playing through a speaker and bothering other people at a stoplight or just in general losing most of the Fidelity, why don’t you mount speakers in your helmet and get a Sena system ,keep the volume low and you can still hear everything around you plus the music. Also you leave all of the bike parts alone…

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sen ... th-headset

Because I rarely wear a helmet. Most of the time I just wear sunglasses. Helmets make me too hot and uncomfortable
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

Wow.......
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

jacob2cold wrote: Because I rarely wear a helmet. Most of the time I just wear sunglasses. Helmets make me too hot and uncomfortable
So does death.

No, wait. On second thought it just makes you cold.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
paulcoup
Color: Black

Post by paulcoup »

Every once in a while there's a post that makes you chuckle, and Mel, you did just that.

PaulC
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi Jacob, welcome aboard! Congrats on buying a fun scoot that meets your needs - Perfect 8)

Re the mount - I think I know what you're asking about?
One mount capable of holding your phone AND a wireless speaker on our 7/8" handlebar?
Well, I've not seen that combo mount but....there are many, many wireless Bluetooth speakers available supporting micro sd card and USB, have fm radio, clock and alarm, and you can make & answer calls (as long as your phone is on you or somewhere on your ride).

If mount is Not found, not available,
Why not make one? :P Improvise.
Find a wireless speaker that suits your hearing pleasure. Not big. Weatherproof if possible. Then rig up a fitting for it and show Us the outcome. We love hearing about and seeing tricked-out homey fixes.
Be a "Kickstarter?"

As far as protecting your noggin' - helmet vs no helmet. To each his own - up to you it's on your shoulders. Do you have a helmet requirement law in Indiana? They should "Get With That" if they don't.

But....I'm impelled to say, One fall could change Your Life and How You Knew It.
I ride around towns (plus) too. NYS law requires a helmet. I choose either a full face or modular everytime I ride. Let me add, it would Feel Wonderful to go without All the gear, but I'd never chance it. (Oh wait!! Re-calling: Confession. I DID ride up and down my boulevard in shorts, T-shirt 'n sneakers when WhiteNoise #1 was delivered....oh the excitement and Ohhh what a feeling!!) BUT, That was That.

I'm sure most have noticed....
How many driver's are "seriously" driving today? Are they paying attention? Have you noticed that We can't make eye contact with them anymore? Many reasons Why. Small list: they're lost and following their GPS, their texting, emailing, typing on their laptops, eating, putting their face on, combing hair, smoking, drinking, talking/yelling on their phones, or at their children or spouse in the car. They're running stop signs and traffic lights...No more yielding! Sooo much goes on inside their cabin then We come into That space. They Don't See Us! >>>> Believe It! Protect You!!

The motorcycle industry calls motorcycle gear "Armor" for a reason. We/Rider's actually prep ourselves for Real Life bumper cars everytime we roll onto the road. So, Gear up!
We want to "Enjoy Every Ride." Let's Do Our Best to Stay Alive (every ride).

To All, please No more discussion on wearing a helmet. Law where you reside will dictate usage. If none is required the rider decides to wear or not to wear.

Ok, I gotta go! It's Cover thy nose "Red Day!"

Back to a custom(?) mount....
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion
Color: Dark Pearl Blue

Post by Cube »

I use a Ram mount for my phone, and I'd probably look at bicycle speakers for portable music if I wasn't wearing a helmet.

BTW, helmets are uncomfortable in my experience because they are the wrong shape for your head. Find a shop that knows how to fit a helmet - it really does make a difference.
2018 Dark Pearl Blue PCX150
2007 Cyber Silver Metallic Silver Wing
2014 Glowing Red Forza 300
salcar57

Post by salcar57 »

Cube wrote:I use a Ram mount for my phone, and I'd probably look at bicycle speakers for portable music if I wasn't wearing a helmet.

BTW, helmets are uncomfortable in my experience because they are the wrong shape for your head. Find a shop that knows how to fit a helmet - it really does make a difference.
Attachments
20180918_101044-600x1067.jpg
20180918_101044-600x1067.jpg (191.9 KiB) Viewed 1440 times
jacob2cold

Post by jacob2cold »

salcar57 wrote:
Cube wrote:I use a Ram mount for my phone, and I'd probably look at bicycle speakers for portable music if I wasn't wearing a helmet.

Which RAM mount is that? I'm trying to figure out the one that will fix where you have yours. Did it take any adjustments to the bike itself?
Poohstyx
Year: 2012

Post by Poohstyx »

If you don't wear a lid then how about in-ear headphones?
As far as the mount goes:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tigra-Sport- ... 2749.l2649

They also do specific mounts for several phone designs.
Over the hill and picking up speed on the long downhill unto death.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

My Invention on bike-1.jpg
My Invention on bike-1.jpg (147.65 KiB) Viewed 1360 times
I use RAM mounts. I had some spare Ram mount parts and created this for my little music box. However, I have since the creation of this changed out the box for a Bluetooth speaker. My phone is on my hip (in a protective case), but sometimes I put it on my "other" Ram mount. I have two mounts on my bike. (You can't see the other mount but it is on the plastic shelf on the left. I attach a Ram mount extension arm and phone X mount to it and move it in the protective area behind the winshield.)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Alternate phone mount.jpg
Alternate phone mount.jpg (200.05 KiB) Viewed 1356 times
This is my alternate phone mount. It also works for speakers, though you will have to turn it up because of wind noise.
speaker mount.jpg
speaker mount.jpg (333.71 KiB) Viewed 1356 times
...and here is my Jawbone Bluetooth speaker with industrial strength Velcro plus a tiewrap. It holds well.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150