Redesigned Yamaha Nmax 2020

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Redesigned Yamaha Nmax 2020

Post by alx123 »

The new designs for Nmax coming out next year.
Renderan-nmax-3.jpg
Renderan-nmax-3.jpg (102.21 KiB) Viewed 621 times
Nothing much changed in the specs though, they just tweak the design to make it look more like a little Xmax (I think).

Rear and front ABS brakes still standard. (take note HONDA)

I really want the ABS feature and I'm loving the colors, so a possibility of trading my PCX in is now on my mind.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Redesigned Yamaha Nmax 2020

Post by Old Grinner »

Looks good to me!

Interesting . . ..

Hope the seat is as comfortable as it looks.

Taller windscreens will probably be a popular accessory. Seems that the under seat storage compartment may hold a helmet.

I think if it were available in the U.S. market it would definitely give the PCX some competition. The SMax is nice also for a 155 but the way it's designed you either fit into it or you don't. Other than that the 155 motor has surprising "get up and go".

alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

I have yet to sit in one but I'm guessing being Asian in size I'll fit just right.

The 13 inches wheels worries me though.

I sat on an XMAX 300 last week and it is a little bit high for me. Although they said it can easily be lowered by changing the suspensions.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I sat on an XMAX 300 last week and it is a little bit high for me. Although they said it can easily be lowered by changing the suspensions.
Mine is a bit tall for me also but I manage. I'm getting used to the way it handles and how far I have to reach to touch the ground with my feet compared to the Zuma (which is also a bit tall).

I can honestly say the XMax 300 is the most comfortable machine I've ever had (both motorcycles and scooters included). The seat is like a very comfortable chair and the handlebar (2-position adjustable) seems about perfect as it comes from the factory. No knee knocking on tight turns or getting on or off the machine. I really get a sense of "command" when riding the thing. No undue pressure on the wrists like with sport bikes and yet no sense of too much weight transfer to the back (especially on bumps) like on some cruisers. That said the stock suspension leans a bit to the soft side. I have mine set on the middle setting and have ridden with a passenger and it was fine. But more recently I was on a Highway to test it out at speeds in the 60 MPH + range and found that bridge expansion joints will put the stock suspension to task trying to absorb the sudden shock. It's always a trade off between stiff vs soft suspension and wheel travel.

Moving forward on the seat at stop signs or intersections helps me to reach the ground more easily. I can't "flat foot" it but I can get adequate ground contact. I'm one of those people who are tall but the legs are not so long.

As far as lowering the suspension I think you have to be a bit careful with that. I put lowering blocks on a bike years ago and it lessened the distance between the tire and the fender. Sometimes it would bottom out and I found that it scraped the insulation on my tail light wire which was routed along the center line of the rear fender. But maybe there is newer technology and suspension accessories out there these days that provide a safer alternative that the dealer can get for you.

Vespa uses 12 inch wheels on their 300cc models. But I can understand your concern. When you get going at faster speeds on a scooter the world changes quickly. Contact area between the tires and blacktop is especially important on smaller wheels. Having disc brakes with ABS is a plus. . ..

I think it will be a tough choice between a new PCX or new NMax and things like comfort and convenience will cinch the deal. :D
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Old Grinner wrote:Seems that the under seat storage compartment may hold a helmet.
The original model Nmax under seat storage can hold a helmet, so no reason the new one won't.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong