Old vs New Forza 300

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Dezzie

Re: Old vs New Forza 300

Post by Dezzie »

My buddie just bought the new Forza, he is 5ft 6 and very short inseam so tip toes or 1 footing it most of the time, me at 5ft 11ish found it fine but i have a 2013 model, i love thrashing it about but seeing my buddy having to think about foot placement constantly i reckon your choice should be for the older model unless you want to go the lowering route, we went out last night for a blast and there was nothing in it so down to comfort and style that fit your budget.
Attachments
1557517424364.jpg
1557517424364.jpg (35.5 KiB) Viewed 829 times
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

I am almost 5 foot 6. I can handle the 2014 but i definitely need to think about where to put my feet.

I test rode a 2019 Yamaha FJR 1300 a few days ago. The dealer told me to just get off the bike and he would park it. I was on the verge of dumping that 640 pound beast.

I also test rode the Yamaha Niken GT three wheeler that is not a trike but a full leaning bike with two front wheels. The seat was narrower so it was easier to handle but the Yamaha guy still was scared I would drop it. The 3 cylinder 850cc was nice. It also cornered nicely. $21,000 is bit much for me.

The 2014 Forza 300 felt very light and slow on the way home. I still like it a lot. Oil change done.
Hax
Year: 2016
Color: Black

Post by Hax »

I went to have a look at the new 300 last Saturday. I am 5'6'' and was on my toes to get both feet down but it was easy to have one foot on the board and the other flat on the floor. I have no concerns about pushing it around as I have been used to riding 600lb cruisers so the 300 feels like a pushbike! I will definitely be getting one.
vito
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: silver

Post by vito »

I've enjoyed reading this thread because I think that the new PCX150 I bought in great part as a first bike for my wife, will prove to be underpowered for her in the near future. She had never ridden and wanted to start, but was intimidated by the traditional motorcycle design with the need for manual shifting of gears. So I immediately thought about a scooter. We first looked at the Vespa 300, but the seat is quite high, the price is very high, and frankly, I did not like the way it handled (but it is quite powerful). Then I considered the Yamaha XMax, but when she sat on it, it also felt quite high for her (she is 5'4") and the weight scared her. I took a demo ride on the Yamaha 155 scooter, and then on the Honda PCX and without question I preferred the PCX even though it was slightly more in price than the Yamaha. She's now starting to get comfortable with the PCX, and hopefully will go for her motorcycle endorsement on her license in the next few weeks. But although we both really like the PCX (lately I've been using it for around town errands rather than taking out my Goldwing), I suspect that once she has some real miles behind her she will be wishing for a scooter with the ability to maintain real highway speeds. By then we might need to look again at the Vespa, especially if there is a low seat option with an aftermarket seat, in part because even with the big 300cc engine, it is a true step-thru scooter and very easy to get on and off. I would also want her to consider the Forza, in part out of my normal preference for Honda products. Again, thanks for the good info on the Forza.
U.S. Army retired
Former MSF Instructor
Fully retired!
2019 Honda PCX150
2021 Can Am Spyder RT
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Honda Rebel 500 seat height 690mm
Honda CTX700N or faired CTX700 DCT seat height 719mm
Honda PCX 150 seat height 765mm

Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

gn2 wrote:Honda Rebel 500 seat height 690mm
Honda CTX700N or faired CTX700 DCT seat height 719mm
Honda PCX 150 seat height 765mm

CB500X seat height 810.
They make a lowering kit.
I love its upright riding position. Comfortable even poking along on city streets.
VERY docile clutch behavior...really hard to stall it. No right hand needed to pull away from a stop.
Fish
Couldn't use the Rebel loaners for the MSF course. Knees hitting my chin.