2019 Honda Super Cub Review

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

2019 Honda Super Cub Review

Post by Old Grinner »

Worth a watch. A lotta fun for a lotta less . . . no bologna. :D

big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Re: 2019 Honda Super Cub Review

Post by big bear »

if i dident already have 3 bikes i might buy one but i think a 4th bike is to many
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

It always makes me laugh when a journalist swallows a press release whole then regurgitates chunks of it.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

if i dident already have 3 bikes i might buy one but i think a 4th bike is to many
It depends . . ..

You can only ride one at a time but the thought of having your own personal museum can be consuming if you let it get to you. I had to stop at 4 myself.

Or to be more specific . . . I just couldn't part with a couple of my old ones. Too many "remember the time when" moments. 8)
It always makes me laugh when a journalist swallows a press release whole then regurgitates chunks of it.
Yes . . . the praise and build up before the truth be told. :lol:

That said I still wouldn't mine having one. The timeless design still stands out from the crowd.

Often imitated but never duplicated.

The last time anything close to the genuine article was available in the marketplace occurred back in 2015, the SYM Symba 100. :D

https://www.alliancepowersports.com/mod ... symba.html

Glad to see Honda offering this again. Time will tell if it will start a new trend globally or just end up being an admiral effort to double down on an already successful venture. Cheers to the Super Cub. :D
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 19 SH300
Color: Red

Post by Oldie »

Might be a new Cross Cub on the Horizon if the rumours are true.
NADman
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by NADman »

Darn-Damn
http://canadamotoguide.com/2018/06/13/n ... or-canada/
Had a few back 'then'. Like 'Tonka Toys' unbreakable.
I'm getting to old to wait.
He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. -Winston S. Churchill.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

big bear wrote:if i dident already have 3 bikes i might buy one but i think a 4th bike is to many

Why?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yeah why,.... I Like round numbers esp #4 tis my Fav number to boot! (What a crazy saying that is. Where did that come from anywho; :? "To Boot?" Odd).

Adorable, Irresistible! Honda nailed it (years ago).
Great video OldG! Very informative, I didn't know half of what he brought forward. Example: Honda's choice of colors for This Revival Super Cub. "It" being the oldest of bikes EVER! Dang folks, ride it Proud!
and....
that "Red" is Hondaman's Favorite color! There ya go forum Red lovers! :P Red it is!

Super Cub, of course I Like it!
Don't say it, I will. I like too much. I want too much!! I want them all. My bike list grows.
Your fault too peeps! Bad enough I find them on my own but then ya'll come on with more :lol: And....then some of the same. Geeez

Not in the right order and I'm missing a few, +:
Super Cub - for showing off round town. Fun stuff! (Available)
Honda X-ADV (Not available to USA)
Forza (Re-model Not available to USA)
ZERO (oooh my! Available)
The New Can-am Ryker (600 and 900 Available)
And I love the Stylish African Twin (it's just sits too high-and too powerful for me)

Sigh. There's just No Room in a Single garage.
Wah, I wish I still had my 3 car :( (and $$$)

I better get onto another topic before I soak my iPad :cry:

LOVE IT? BUY IT KIDDO'S :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Sigh. There's just No Room in a Single garage.
Wah, I wish I still had my 3 car :( (and $$$)

I better get onto another topic before I soak my iPad :cry:

LOVE IT? BUY IT KIDDO'S :P
WN - Know what you mean . . . drool material for sure. Another "less is more" reality. :D

From what I've dug up so far in the "Where are they in the U.S. if they say they are here now" search I'm not grinning. :roll:

States like Florida and California and some of the southern states like Georgia, North Carolina, and Tennessee. . . the warm sunny states . . . seem to have gotten a pretty good supply so far considering.

That said there are Monkeys and Groms galore so-to-speak and what few Super Cubs exist elsewhere are scattered.

I guess when Honda said they would be introduced in the U.S. in limited supply they meant it. :?
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

theres one near me at track and trail motorcycle shop spring mills pa they have at least 1 in stock
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

theres one near me at track and trail motorcycle shop spring mills pa they have at least 1 in stock
Yeah . . . I noticed PA got a good allocation of the new Super Cub according to Cycle Trader.;

It's always nice to have something to think about but actually buying is a whole other story.

Of the three offerings Honda has in the 125 bracket, the Monkey, the Grom, and the Super Cub, I'd choose the Super Cub. It is what it is and more practical I think. Although not as practical as a PCX for example.

And as an added note Honda also markets a 125cc machine (in Pakistan I think) called the Honda CG 125 Dream. Dig the seat. Old school style. More practical than even a Super Cub and it's another bike you'll never see on these shores. Interesting video here taken on back roads over hill and dale. Cool to watch. And it's a Honda! :D

No matter where you go people dig having fun on bikes. ;)

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

And if you thought that last Honda CG 125 video was interesting . . . you ain't seen nothin yet! :o

This guy takes incredible vids. :geek:

Remember . . . all this was done on a Honda 125. Totally awesome. What a beautiful place to ride. :D

Oldie
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 19 SH300
Color: Red

Post by Oldie »

Mmmmm, a CG125?

I recently brought one back to life and there's definitely something charming about their rugged simplicity but oh dear, it's not a quick bike at all. Honda introduced the overhead valves in order to combat the problems with the older overhead cam design which required correct maintenance, something which many far eastern owners failed to do (according to the Honda blurb at the time). So, bulletproof but lacks all the style of the Suzuki Van Van.