It's Raining......

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: It's Raining......

Post by WhiteNoise »

Bring out the Buckets, uh no make that Barrels. It's raining. A Lot! Hopefully it will wash away the snow I piled up near my walk. I hate when snow lingers into Spring (sigh)

Extra-Extra!!
Today we bump the clocks forward! Yes! give me the (more) light! :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 19 SH300
Color: Red

Post by Oldie »

I think that we had our worst day of the winter today. It was just terrible although the snow soon disappeared once the torrential rain and gale force winds started. Everything seems to be extremes these days.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

It was supposed to rain ALL WEEKEND. But it was beautiful today. 60 and overcast.

I set up our robotic mower again for the season in the backyard, but didn't quite have time to get the front lawn mower set up yet... Looks like my neighbor accidentally ran over the boundary wire with his aerator. We have two Worx Landroids, they're like fancy lawn roombas. I haven't had to mow my yard in over a year, and it's great! :lol:

We ended up enjoying the weather, I fired up the barbecue and we had steaks and hot dogs with skewers of vegetables. Good stuff.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I fixed the front mower and it has been slaving away like a good robot. It won't today though, rain again.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 19 SH300

Post by Oldie »

I had a nice ride on the Forza this afternoon but spent the morning walking in the countryside. I managed 6 miles but some very steep climbs made it tough.

big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

rode 9 miles in the rain it wasn't bad with the rain suit on
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013

Post by k2apache6.0 »

Well today was a Zeppelin kinda day too windy for the scoot
Attachments
Technics turntable
Technics turntable
image.jpeg (67.67 KiB) Viewed 2039 times
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

My Zeppelin records disappeared long ago, so now I have them on CD and mp3. ...and my iPod classic just scrambled its hard drive for some reason. Come on now! How is one to get their LED Zeppelin fix if everything keeps breaking!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Borrow k2's! :lol: The sun'l come out tomorrow, so he won't be spinning. We're Fam (with) A Whole Lotta Love (ugh, that was so cheesy)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

maddiedog, really a robot mower? What the heck! And it works? Amazing! Gosh it sounds like the Jetsons moved in. Remember that cartoon? Of course You Don't :lol:
Tell me, can you set a pattern on that robomow? Examples: mow grass in tic tac toe (for the kiddies), or Waves to get your swim on?

Back in the day and Once in awhile, I'd mow the front in pattern, U.S. flag, diagonal cuts, a V pattern that I recall. Of course it made the job take longer but the SOS would bore me. Neighbors were like o_O
I remember one was a cop he came out and took photos of me scrubbing moss off my old Golden Rain tree. A bucket of spic n span did the trick, and it looked great afterwards..."it" breathed again.
I also stained a tree in the front... A totally Dead mimosa - left was it's tall trunk with cut back limbs. I had some leftover redwood stain from picnic set...so why not? Afterwards I attached some climbing plastic and resin squirrels, birds and other landscape critters to it. Bigger critters surrounded the tree on the ground along with a concrete Birdbath. The area was already encircled with Belgian block so I felt compelled to get Artsie.
Try it you'll Like It :D Oh Noooo....you Already removed trees! I'm too late in sharing!! :cry:

Then there was the time I swept my roof. That was right after hurricane Gloria (1985) and So yeah, I get their concern :lol:
I've always Loved landscaping. Now living in a community of townhomes I care for my own and neighbors trees/schrubs. A little designing too. But Not The Grass. Management kills that with overwatering. EVERY NIGHT sprinkler's run - and my front faces North - it's always soggy - never dries! Wahhhh
End of Another Story (wake up peeps! Lol)
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I had a nice ride on the Forza this afternoon but spent the morning walking in the countryside. I managed 6 miles but some very steep climbs made it tough.
That's a respectable hike . . . 6 miles you say? Ride and recreate . . . a good idea . . ..

I've got to get back into doing hikes again. We've got to be careful around here for "deer ticks" and apply insect repellent. Lyme disease is one of the most difficult maladies to diagnose. Knock on wood (no pun intended) I've been lucky so far. The regular ticks are easy to spot but the Lyme carrying ticks are very small.

Great pics of the lake. :D
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I've always Loved landscaping. Now living in a community of townhomes I care for my own and neighbors trees/schrubs. A little designing too. But Not The Grass. Management kills that with overwatering. EVERY NIGHT sprinkler's run - and my front faces North - it's always soggy - never dries! Wahhhh
End of Another Story (wake up peeps! Lol)
WN - Remember these? Great to have around. They eat ants, mosquitoes, and termites among other insects. Flies and midges as well. Great bug. Some people panic around them but they will only bite if you try to grab them.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Remember OldG, we still have them. I netted them as a child till Mother said, that's Not a butterfly!

Dragonfly aka Darning Needle's are seen mostly early morn and early evening seeking bugs, they're hunting. During the day you find them flying back and forth over water. Skimming the surface tapping it as they fly over almost appearing to bounce. What are they doing? The "She's" are depositing eggs!
Gotta pool? Let's Swim! Let's Not! Keep that filter Running! :lol:

I've been landed on before by these winged funky creatures whilst gardening. Why? Dunno. I suppose I blended in. Twas a relative for all I know :lol:

Amazingly Florida grows Dragonflies twice as big, as they do Any flying critter, bird or bug! They are huge in comparison. I've had one make a Mess outta my helmet shield whilst riding at dawn. Bam! Ewww...
Early morn stepping outside (esp on humid mornings) you'd easily see 20 or better of them (diff variations and colors) darting and hovering over the lawn nailing every bug in their erratic path. That's how they get so Big boyz and girlies!
Lest not forget about those Bette Davis Eyes" o_O (how can they miss?)

By the way.... THE SUN'S OUT!! Temp to reach 61 degrees Woo-hoo!
I will Commence with R/R Oil change and R/R petrol with fresh/treated (2.11 Gals 89 oct. + 1 oz. Seafoam). That's my Plan ;)
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

By the way.... THE SUN'S OUT!! Temp to reach 61 degrees Woo-hoo!
I will Commence with R/R Oil change and R/R petrol with fresh/treated (2.11 Gals 89 oct. + 1 oz. Seafoam). That's my Plan ;)
Sounds good to me! You'll be all set and good to go. :D

I spent most of the afternoon rebuilding my third set of wind chimes. They don't last forever. Cheaper than buying new ones. Just another chore I had put aside for some time. But slowly starting to catch up on things. Hope they will counter the noisy traffic going by. . .. Need some of that Zen time zoning out to achieve balance and harmony. :lol:

But now it's time to ride . . . not Miller time though . . . at least not yet . . .. ;)

Want to clock a few more miles on the XMax. Looking forward to getting that first 600 mile oil change done hopefully by Easter. 8)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Job done! Felt good getting acquainted again. Measured Oil taken out - 24 ozs. Poured the same amount back in. Simples. I did not remove the strainer. Next time. I refill to the top mark of the dipstick not in the middle > between upper and lower marks. My choice, no harm.

Exchanging the petrol stunk up my townhome hood - we're attached, not single standing units.
Right side neighbor closed their windows fast (ah well, their Christmas decorations are still on their bushes) :lol: Left side neighbor quickly walked past my garage and mumbled hello, strut to the mailbox and back inside << That neighbor has hit my truck door 3 times getting out of her Honda Accord. Leaving behind slashes of her white paint. We share a wide driveway :x but C'mom,....3 times?? Dang it, Pay attention!!
So what's a little whiff of petrol? :lol: Eventually dissipates and won't hurt either of them.

Today constant light rain - and all day long. Just enough to ruin plans.
Ah well,
so I sit here instead getting a fatter arse. Thanks for that scooter family! :D :lol: :D
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

rode 9 miles on the zuma it was snowing but the roads were only wet. Tommorow is going to be sunny and 40 the gravel is starting to clear off the roads. As soon as the weather warms up enough and i dont have to wear 20 pounds of clothes to stay warm the pcx and x max will be getting some use. Weve had warm weather but it happens when im working i can only ride sunday and monday
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I was able to get a nice ride on the XMax Saturday afternoon but struggled to get my Joe Rocket Jacket on. Had to remove the Winter liner after a while to breath easier. It fit fine when I bought it last Summer. :roll:

As WN say's we are getting fatter sitting around due to the lousy cold/windy/rainy weather hanging on. :lol:

Today, cold and windy again. What gives? Damn! o_O
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Wait! I see a Robin, but he's flying sideways :| It's windy (gusty) alright and winter jacket c o l d

Part II: Garage time continues (I have a portable heater)
Final Drive oil exchange today. What's yer pleasure....
1) bike on centerstand or sidestand during the process?
2) bike warmed up first, or it doesn't matter?

Let me go catch that Robin now, we need to talk :ugeek:
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Wait! I see a Robin, but he's flying sideways :| It's windy (gusty) alright and winter jacket c o l d

Part II: Garage time continues (I have a portable heater)
Final Drive oil exchange today. What's yer pleasure....
1) bike on centerstand or sidestand during the process?
2) bike warmed up first, or it doesn't matter?

Let me go catch that Robin now, we need to talk :ugeek:
Yup . . . the Robins are definitely back and the Goldfinches as well. Now I'm filling my Thistle Seed feeder daily again.

About the final drive oil change. This is my "NO RUSH RECOMMENDED" method.

You probably did it already but here's my two cents worth anyways. :lol:

I suggest using the center stand. If you've already changed the engine oil then there's no need to warm up the machine IMHO. What I usually do is get everything together I need to do the job. Put the scoot up on the center stand. Put the catch bucket under the final drive drain hole. remove the bottom and top drain and filler plugs, and let it drain for a couple of hours. Go back in and watch TV or do something else . . .. Then when you come back to check rotate the wheel a few times and see if any more drips out. If it does then give it another hour . . . go take a nap listening to some good music or get something to eat. Then check it again. If it seems it's about as empty as it's going to get then replace the drain hole plug and fill as required per the manual. My PCX manual is out in the garage right now but you'll know how much.

I've used this method on my Roughhouse, PCX, Zuma 125, and will eventually on the XMax. FWIW I used the same oil I used for the PCX in the Zuma final drive and it works fine. The Honda HP4M oil with the moly in it is good stuff. The 10w-30 SJ/MB. Add as prescribed and it should last you 2 years I think . . ..

Sorry but I couldn't find any pics I took doing it on the PCX . . . so the Zuma will have to do. I had already drained the final drive oil and was getting ready to refill. the plugs were set aside and cleaned so not in the picture.
NADman
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by NADman »

Saw my first motorbike on my busy street this year.
Temperature right at freezing and it was one of those noisy ones.
Maybe a 'Hardy' Davidson.
He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. -Winston S. Churchill.