Today

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Re: Today

Post by maddiedog »

Not today, but perhaps this last weekend? ;)

My wife's having me put in a container garden for her in the backyard. I had my first weekend with no work or obligations in months, and ended up spending it outside cutting down 4 dead trees and digging a bunch of gardens. The weather was BEAUTIFUL though, and my wife's happy with the work, so it was time well spent! Noah and Oliver had a lot of fun playing in the dirt too. Maddie basked in the sun all day, I think she may have become solar powered in her old doggo age.

I dropped off all the tree debris at the local dump this morning before work (they open at 0630), it came to 3400lbs! I can't believe I loaded that much by myself in 2 days of work. o_O
19437(1).jpeg
19437(1).jpeg (422.52 KiB) Viewed 3747 times
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by k2apache6.0 »

I thought is was a Led Zepplin kind of Day, ramble on...
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (100.17 KiB) Viewed 3685 times
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
Ganglylamb
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 - 125cc
Color: White (NHA16)

Post by Ganglylamb »

Today I took the pcx out for a ride after my lowside crash of 1.5 month ago; still got a painful thumb and I occasionally drop my fork/knife while eating because sometimes this finger does not want to play along. I managed to ride for 30 minutes without having too much pain so goodbye iron cage for commuting and hello to the pcx again :) - no more traffic jams for me.
I also fitted a new K66 rear tire as the city grips which was on it did not so well in gripping last time :lol: (I have to admit they were worn down quite a bit).

So happy days again :D !
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I dropped off all the tree debris at the local dump this morning before work (they open at 0630), it came to 3400lbs! I can't believe I loaded that much by myself in 2 days of work. o_O
Would it be easier to just make a mound or wall? Wildlife use them . . ..

https://www.ct.gov/deep/cwp/view.asp?a=2723&q=325980

That was a lotta brush to haul. Mark that chore off the list. :D
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Today I took the pcx out for a ride after my lowside crash of 1.5 month ago; still got a painful thumb and I occasionally drop my fork/knife while eating because sometimes this finger does not want to play along. I managed to ride for 30 minutes without having too much pain so goodbye iron cage for commuting and hello to the pcx again :) - no more traffic jams for me.
I also fitted a new K66 rear tire as the city grips which was on it did not so well in gripping last time :lol: (I have to admit they were worn down quite a bit).

So happy days again :D !
Sorry to hear you've got pain in your hand. Nobody can say you haven't paid your dues. Just take it easy for a while until you get used to things again. Better days are coming . . .. :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yes congrats, Great news Ganglylamb! :P
Still be gentle to your body 1.5 months ago was not that long ago (what I'm saying...be (more) mindful). Which thumb is it that pains you? Say it's yer left?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

@ K2, raining here today are you still "Rambling On?" Lol! Laughed at yer input, right on track ;)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by k2apache6.0 »

Was at work WN, 82f and sunny, down in Miami where I'm the dockmaster of a busy dock full of restaurants. I see about 150 boats come and go every weekend. I'm on my Hi Fi hobby at the mo, just got my Onkyo M504 and P308...Oh you'll have seen em, and yes they were a bucketlist item, same as that Technics Turntable was a while back. Just love hobbying along :lol:
Attachments
onkyo's.jpg
onkyo's.jpg (59.8 KiB) Viewed 3705 times
My PCX mod build here..
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

k2apache6.0 wrote:Was at work WN, 82f and sunny, down in Miami where I'm the dockmaster of a busy dock full of restaurants. I see about 150 boats come and go every weekend. I'm on my Hi Fi hobby at the mo, just got my Onkyo M504 and P308...Oh you'll have seen em, and yes they were a bucketlist item, same as that Technics Turntable was a while back. Just love hobbying along :lol:

Lovely. I love old school hifi. Turntable looks great.
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by k2apache6.0 »

you you wrote:
k2apache6.0 wrote:Was at work WN, 82f and sunny, down in Miami where I'm the dockmaster of a busy dock full of restaurants. I see about 150 boats come and go every weekend. I'm on my Hi Fi hobby at the mo, just got my Onkyo M504 and P308...Oh you'll have seen em, and yes they were a bucketlist item, same as that Technics Turntable was a while back. Just love hobbying along :lol:

Oh you do? Well how about this monster 1978 Pioneer rack system I put together for a client a while back, way out of my league, all told about $16,000 of rare pieces who's prices are going through the roof.
Attachments
wtf Audio.jpg
wtf Audio.jpg (95.59 KiB) Viewed 3699 times
My PCX mod build here..
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

k2apache6.0 wrote:
you you wrote:

Oh you do? Well how about this monster 1978 Pioneer rack system I put together for a client a while back, way out of my league, all told about $16,000 of rare pieces who's prices are going through the roof.

Looks like something from a sci fi movie :lol:

I’d never be able to sneak that in the house.

Isn’t it two separate systems?
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Took my cable tv equipment back, and booked a round trip ticket to Florida*, and shrimp at Woody's Waterfront restaurant with the proceeds from cutting one month of cable.

Fish
*Allegiant
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Took my cable tv equipment back, and booked a round trip ticket to Florida*, and shrimp at Woody's Waterfront restaurant with the proceeds from cutting one month of cable.
Now you'll have to get a nice vintage stereo system with 14inch "Woofers" and play some Hendrix "Manic Depression" just to liven things up a bit. :lol:

Seriously though you'll find there's life after cable TV. Once in a while the weather may effect your antenna reception but all in all worth the inconvenience IMHO.

Except for internet, which today I think is a necessity, I discontinued cable TV a couple of years ago with no regrets . . .. :D

Have fun in Florida. 8)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

k2 - See that, I said you Rocked! What a Wonderful hobby 8)
Sounds like The life! From your Florida dock time to restaurants to YES! Onkyo (+Integra)! It's ALL Happy! 8)

Back in the day Onkyo was the bulk of what I purchased. I still have quite a few pieces that I just can't seem to part with, but really should. Just No room in a townhouse. Sad.
I have a few other brands too: Dual 1229Q, Sony, Panasonic, Technic, Fisher, Cerwin-Vega, Polk and even a pair of Lafayette Criterion speakers :lol: > (now that's going way back!) Oh, and yes a Lafayette tubed amp and a tuner (still have). Most of the pieces mentioned were given away, but I still have a few. Probably forgot some tucked away as well.
Ya just Can't beat the Beats of music on older electronics.

Sounds like You and Life are kickin' it! Enjoy, I dig it Southern Man.

(Electronics - You now reminded me, I also have my parents early 60's TV. Sony's very first 13" Color Trinitron TV (in wood, not plastic encasement) I believe it still works).
But what should I do with all of this?

Early Boom Boxes? Remember them? :lol: and, walkman's?
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by k2apache6.0 »

Well the video gear is near worthless unless you find a 1/1000,000 retro geek freak these days. The audio gear can be worth real money. that Lafayette stuff is rare and worth $. Onkyo stuff, the integra line anyways is worth money, the M504 goes usually for 700-1k depending on condition of course. The rest depends on the model numbers of the stuff you have? I'm still looking for a tuner but one from the Integra line. Speakers wise Cerwins still bring it if made before mid 90's especially if they've had a recent re-foam. Same with the old Polks...Theres one my buddy had with the one big and four small speakers in each that's worth over a grand in good shape. He also had a Sansui AU-111 tube amp that I've seen go for as much as 5k! He almost fell of his chair...But on seeing it, well lets just say it needed work. Always looking for well cared for/ or stored well stuff, maybe you have something I'd like?
My PCX mod build here..
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

If I find something that I think might interest you, I will PM you - ok?
By the way, great job on those racks! What a flashback 8)
Ganglylamb
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 - 125cc
Color: White (NHA16)

Post by Ganglylamb »

WhiteNoise wrote:Yes congrats, Great news Ganglylamb! :P
Still be gentle to your body 1.5 months ago was not that long ago (what I'm saying...be (more) mindful). Which thumb is it that pains you? Say it's yer left?
Right thumb :| - I think it would be less of a problem if it was the left. After the last ride I thought it would be ok. But on Sunday it was hurting a lot again, probably from changing the rear tire and holding my wrenches (well I took off and remounted the exhaust, swingarm and wheel and someone else fitted the tire but still).
Guess I will have to make another appointment in the hospital for another scan and hopefully they will be able to see what is wrong with it. If I leave it the way it is it will probably continue to hurt for a very long time and maybe never heal correctly again.
And yes I will be more mindful, it's just itching to get back on the road with the pcx, it makes for a nice commute and simply put it makes me happier throughout the day :lol: .
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

k2apache6.0 wrote:Well the video gear is near worthless unless you find a 1/1000,000 retro geek freak these days. The audio gear can be worth real money. that Lafayette stuff is rare and worth $. Onkyo stuff, the integra line anyways is worth money, the M504 goes usually for 700-1k depending on condition of course. The rest depends on the model numbers of the stuff you have? I'm still looking for a tuner but one from the Integra line. Speakers wise Cerwins still bring it if made before mid 90's especially if they've had a recent re-foam. Same with the old Polks...Theres one my buddy had with the one big and four small speakers in each that's worth over a grand in good shape. He also had a Sansui AU-111 tube amp that I've seen go for as much as 5k! He almost fell of his chair...But on seeing it, well lets just say it needed work. Always looking for well cared for/ or stored well stuff, maybe you have something I'd like?

Go for the valves. I would :lol:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:If I find something that I think might interest you, I will PM you - ok?

At least you avoided “nice rack” :)
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by k2apache6.0 »

you you wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:If I find something that I think might interest you, I will PM you - ok?

At least you avoided “nice rack” :)
:lol:
My PCX mod build here..