When running, some sha,sha,sha noise occurred

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

doletotodole
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: WHITE

When running, some sha,sha,sha noise occurred

Post by doletotodole »

The noise seems to be generated from front wheel, or less likely rear wheel, may not even be from the wheel for this matter.

I am wondering maybe the brake pads are gone? or what? I don't use the brake often, I usually slow down by loosening the throttle, and my bike is just a little over 2 years old.

Could anyone help please?
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: When running, some sha,sha,sha noise occurred

Post by Old Grinner »

As long as the tire pressures are OK . . . and there is no tread damage or anything I would look for something that got stuck like leaves or a piece of road garbage, paper/plastic bag, up between the fender and front forks or somewhere else.

If everything looks clean and clear then I'd start trying to narrow it down more to see if it sounds like it's coming from the CVT case or engine.

If you run it on the center stand and don't hear the noise, and the wheels are stationary, try looking for leaves or a piece of stuck debris somewhere.

When I had my Genuine Roughhouse (PGO PMX) a bunch of leaves got stuck under my fan cover on the lower right side. I pulled the cover and emptied them out.

One last thing . . . are you carrying anything tied down on the PCX that could be flapping in the breeze, or wearing something that could be flapping in the breeze? Even a helmet strap can make noise.

I know these things sound weird but you won't be at peace until you discover the cause.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Could be a warped brake disc or worn wheel bearing(s)
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
doletotodole
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: WHITE

Post by doletotodole »

Old Grinner wrote:As long as the tire pressures are OK . . . and there is no tread damage or anything I would look for something that got stuck like leaves or a piece of road garbage, paper/plastic bag, up between the fender and front forks or somewhere else.

If everything looks clean and clear then I'd start trying to narrow it down more to see if it sounds like it's coming from the CVT case or engine.

If you run it on the center stand and don't hear the noise, and the wheels are stationary, try looking for leaves or a piece of stuck debris somewhere.

When I had my Genuine Roughhouse (PGO PMX) a bunch of leaves got stuck under my fan cover on the lower right side. I pulled the cover and emptied them out.

One last thing . . . are you carrying anything tied down on the PCX that could be flapping in the breeze, or wearing something that could be flapping in the breeze? Even a helmet strap can make noise.

I know these things sound weird but you won't be at peace until you discover the cause.

thanks, I would check as per, and thanks to you all.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

So what was causing the noise?

Hope it wasn't anything serious . . ..

Did it go away yet? :geek: