Any Comments About Actual Top Speed by 2019 PCX Owners?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Any Comments About Actual Top Speed by 2019 PCX Owners?

Post by Old Grinner »

Honda claims more power and top speed from the new 2019 PCX. :geek:

I just wondered if any 2019 PCX (new design) owners are getting speeds in excess of 70 MPH? Anyone reached 75 MPH?

By that I mean indicated on the speedometer. . .not GPS. :D

Any other comments about the new design features? Comfort? 8)
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 19 SH300
Color: Red

Re: Any Comments About Actual Top Speed by 2019 PCX Owners?

Post by Oldie »

A couple of times I've seen 71mph on my 2019 PCX125. Once was definitely downhill and the other was probably wind assisted. I had just about completed my running in period and didn't want to push it too hard although I got the feeling that this was the bike maxing out. What I think is actually more impressive is the amount of torque, which means much less power drop going uphill. It certainly feels strong in that respect.

As for comfort, the seat padding is quite good but it doesn't let you slide back, which becomes very annoying. I sold my bike recently to my brother and he is in the process of adding a tall screen and side wind protection panels so it will be interesting to see what effect those have on general weather protection.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Oldie wrote:A couple of times I've seen 71mph on my 2019 PCX125. Once was definitely downhill and the other was probably wind assisted. I had just about completed my running in period and didn't want to push it too hard although I got the feeling that this was the bike maxing out. What I think is actually more impressive is the amount of torque, which means much less power drop going uphill. It certainly feels strong in that respect.

As for comfort, the seat padding is quite good but it doesn't let you slide back, which becomes very annoying. I sold my bike recently to my brother and he is in the process of adding a tall screen and side wind protection panels so it will be interesting to see what effect those have on general weather protection.

Side wind protection panels? Is he making those himself?
PCX2016
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016 Special
Color: White Edition

Post by PCX2016 »

Why not the GPS? The speedometer is much less accurate then GPS..
American in Cambodia !!!
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Why not the GPS? The speedometer is much less accurate then GPS..
Your are correct. . .but I wasn't sure how many 2019 PCX owners also owned a device. Just knowing the indicated speed would have been sufficient for me. I kind of figure the indicated could be upwards of 10% optimistic compared to an actual GPS reading.

Having had a 2017 PCX previously I already had a pretty good idea what to expect. If I got to 60 MPH with that I'd be happy. . .but would never think of taking it up on an Interstate Highway. When I read that the new PCX would push 124 KPH or upwards of 77 MPH on a smaller displacement engine it prompted my curiosity. :D
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Oldie »

you you wrote:
Oldie wrote:A couple of times I've seen 71mph on my 2019 PCX125. Once was definitely downhill and the other was probably wind assisted. I had just about completed my running in period and didn't want to push it too hard although I got the feeling that this was the bike maxing out. What I think is actually more impressive is the amount of torque, which means much less power drop going uphill. It certainly feels strong in that respect.

Side wind protection panels? Is he making those himself?
Came from Ali Express.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-HON ... 7247ZLhr6b
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

A couple of times I've seen 71mph on my 2019 PCX125. Once was definitely downhill and the other was probably wind assisted. I had just about completed my running in period and didn't want to push it too hard although I got the feeling that this was the bike maxing out. What I think is actually more impressive is the amount of torque, which means much less power drop going uphill. It certainly feels strong in that respect.

Wow. . .sounds impressive. Granted it was on a downhill etc. . . but still pretty good for a 125.

On a level. . . my Zuma 125 will get to about 45 MPH with some enthusiasm, then reach for 50 MPH, and then inch it's way upwards from there. Since I don't take it on major highways it's not an issue but there are some roads where the speed limit is 50 MPH and I miss being able to give it WOT and have it just climb to 55 MPH with more gusto when surrounding traffic is impatient. Maybe if I lost some weight it would help. . .. :lol:
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by GatorGreg »

Old Grinner wrote:

Wow. . .sounds impressive. Granted it was on a downhill etc. . . but still pretty good for a 125.

On a level. . . my Zuma 125 will get to about 45 MPH with some enthusiasm, then reach for 50 MPH, and then inch it's way upwards from there. Since I don't take it on major highways it's not an issue but there are some roads where the speed limit is 50 MPH and I miss being able to give it WOT and have it just climb to 55 MPH with more gusto when surrounding traffic is impatient. Maybe if I lost some weight it would help. . .. :lol:
Yep my Elite 110 would top out and cruise nicely at a hair over 50mph (indicated) on level ground which was fantastic for a 108cc scooter and great fun for running errands in suburbia. But when I took it to work a couple times on 45 mph roads some impatient commuters made me wish it could do 60 - no fun having to constantly check my rear view mirrors. So I traded it for a new 2018 Yamaha SMAX, it looks like a bigger version of my Elite 110 and has the flat floor which I've come to appreciate but has no trouble staying ahead of traffic with its 155cc engine.
Attachments
IMG_5130.PNG
IMG_5130.PNG (430.38 KiB) Viewed 1164 times
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
gregsta
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: red

Post by gregsta »

I have had 70 out of it down hill on a motorway were my 14reg would bottom out at 67mph. It definitely a faster bike the new honda pcx.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

The older PCX had no problem reaching the 60 mph range, but I am not sure on the latest model if it is realistic to expect that or is it on a sales pitch. Those of you who a 2019 should try to get a GPS reading to make sure that they didn't tinker with the speedometer.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Oldie »

Oldie wrote:..... my brother and he is in the process of adding a tall screen and side wind protection panels so it will be interesting to see what effect those have on general weather protection.

Screen and side panels now fitted, but not tested.

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

How are those side wind protectors being held on? It may be the light but it looks like they are screwed into the plastic panels.

I like those wind protectors but I had to create ours because my bikes are 2013 models and they have turn signal stalks on them here in the United States. That means that I had to make a place through the protectors for them to stick out.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Looks a tidy piece of work.
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by GatorGreg »

Nice job - looks OEM. What do they call that color over there? We can have any color we want in the USA as long as it's bronze :D
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Oldie »

Mel46 wrote:How are those side wind protectors being held on? It may be the light but it looks like they are screwed into the plastic panels.
Yes Mel, they're held on with screws, plus there is an adhesive strip which comes with the unit. Probably could have used pop rivets but he's going to see how they perform first and screws can be removed easily.
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Oldie »

GatorGreg wrote:Nice job - looks OEM. What do they call that color over there?
That's just the standard, but exotically named, Pearl Splendor Red :D
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

A nice addition to the scoot.

Makes the PCX look "Vetteresque". :D
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

This is what I use to hold mine on, and they don't need any screws.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Lovin' the new additions Oldie!! Looks stock infact. When all is done can we see a few more views? Up close, angles and at a distance too? I know, it's 2019 and I'm still asking for 2much :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Old Grinner wrote:I kind of figure the indicated could be upwards of 10% optimistic compared to an actual GPS reading.
By virtue of the fact that the PCX is sold in the EU, the speedo cannot over-read by more than 10%+4kph and must not under-read.
e.g. at 100kph it must be indicating between 110 and 114
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong