GIVI Windshield

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

wadaguy
Year: 2014
Color: Red

GIVI Windshield

Post by wadaguy »

So, I installed the GIVI tall windshield today and took it out for a spin to check it out. The airflow over my hands is dramatically better but when I hit 60MPH the wind pushes me forward. BUT, the wind doesn't crash off of my chest like before. So, it will take some getting used to, so far so good....
Attachments
scoot.jpg
scoot.jpg (32.63 KiB) Viewed 1505 times
Previous Scoot, 2008 Sym RV250
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Re: GIVI Windshield

Post by davenowherejones »

I get that effect with the tall Honda screen also. I feels like you always have a tailwind.

I ride in the rain a lot. I expected the wind to push the rain drops up the screen but they basically stay in place.

I want to glue strips of wool on to the front of the scooter to see where the wind actually goes. Or maybe go for a ride in fog.

At 130 kmph the drops should be moving but they aren't. I suspect that the headlights actually are the major aerodynamic force.

I talked to a jet truck driver one day and he said if his headlights ever fell off during a run he would probably become airborne. He also gave us a private night time run down a runway with billions of dollars worth of aircraft parked on both sides. A good job he didn't have a wreck. Our insurance agent would have had a heart attack worse than when we severely hit the boom of a parked KC-10. The good old days of too much alcohol.
wadaguy

Post by wadaguy »

Rode home in the rain, and I am wondering why I didn’t get the screen sooner! My gloves didn’t get a drop of rain, and my Frogg Toggs barely were needed...I like the windshield!!! It does blow my pant legs up a little though!!!
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MBMyer »

I have the Givi adjustable. I ride all year long (and right now the morning lows are hovering around the freezing point). Between the screen and a set of Urbano Tucano handlebar muffs and lap blanket, I seldom need any sort of rain gear. I have a set under the seat, but haven’t pulled them out an put them on in a couple of years.
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015 with only 15K on the clock
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

wadaguy wrote:Rode home in the rain, and I am wondering why I didn’t get the screen sooner! My gloves didn’t get a drop of rain, and my Frogg Toggs barely were needed...I like the windshield!!! It does blow my pant legs up a little though!!!

You an acrobat?
wadaguy

Post by wadaguy »

you you wrote:
wadaguy wrote:Rode home in the rain, and I am wondering why I didn’t get the screen sooner! My gloves didn’t get a drop of rain, and my Frogg Toggs barely were needed...I like the windshield!!! It does blow my pant legs up a little though!!!

You an acrobat?

Just on Tuesdays :lol: :lol:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

wadaguy wrote:
you you wrote:

You an acrobat?

Just on Tuesdays :lol: :lol:

:lol: