Honda Forza Nss300 electrical problem

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Alin
Year: 2013
Color: White

Honda Forza Nss300 electrical problem

Post by Alin »

Hi to all! I have an electrical problem with my Forza Nss 300. Very often all the lights are glittering and I have no power to start. I've charged and measured the battery, after taking it from charging was showing 14.3v. I left it and measured the second day, was 12.7 v, after one week 12.4v. I've put it back on the scooter and started right away, but when I'm taking out for a drive, after a few stops, I have the same thing, lights glittering and no power to start. Once it stopped while I was driving! What can I do? Thanks for all answers and suggestions!
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Re: Honda Forza Nss300 electrical problem

Post by easyrider »

Seems like your bike is discharging the battery. First thing to check is to see if the battery shows charging when running. Probably have a bad ground or the alternator/stator or rectifier is bad.Mostlikely the rectifier.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

What is age of battery?
Age and mileage of scooter?

Fish
Atis
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Atis »

Start by just checking the battery connections for tightness. I had similar symptoms for a while and when it finally didn't start at all I opened the cover and simply found the connection loose. After I tightened things and I haven't had any problem for over a year. Good luck
Honda 2014 Forza 300 (ABS)
Honda 1995 Elite 80 (Sold)
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Not sure where you are from but there is a recall on certain 2014-2015 model Honda Forzas posted on the internet pertaining to improper application of sealant to the starter relay switch which can cause resistance along the main fuse thus potentially causing an interruption of voltage to the main electrical system. You need to research and find out if the fuel pump and starter relay switch recalls were ever taken care of on your Forza by the previous owner. If you just don't know or you are the original owner then those recalls need to be taken care of. That would be a worthwhile task for sure. :geek:

You can get more information from Honda about the Forza recalls here . . . http://powersports.honda.com/recall-information.aspx