Recommended roller/slider weights for 2011 PCX 125

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

utahusker
Year: 2011
Color: White

Recommended roller/slider weights for 2011 PCX 125

Post by utahusker »

Hello

I've been experimenting with some Techpulley sliders in my stock variator recently. I've found that the 11gr sliders worked the best with the stock setup. Both the 13gr sliders and 11 gr were a definite step up in performance.

Yesterday I bought an NCY variator and drive face with 12 gr NCY rollers. I weigh 210 lbs and I'm located at around 3000 feet altitude. My question is, should I have gotten the 13 gr rollers like the 150 cc gen 2 bikes? The reason I ask is, I'm not seeing any difference in performance with the NCY setup.

I'm hitting 60 mph on the flat, but 78 mph on the center stand.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Recommended roller/slider weights for 2011 PCX 125

Post by Mel46 »

I didn't read anything in your description about how many miles are on the belt. If you have over 3,000 miles on it, get a new belt and try it. Also rollers only help initial acceleration, not top end. That is where the NCY variator and drive face come in.

Also remember that you only have a 125cc engine, which will not get as high of a top end as a 150cc engine.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
utahusker

Post by utahusker »

Mel46 wrote:I didn't read anything in your description about how many miles are on the belt. If you have over 3,000 miles on it, get a new belt and try it. Also rollers only help initial acceleration, not top end. That is where the NCY variator and drive face come in.

Also remember that you only have a 125cc engine, which will not get as high of a top end as a 150cc engine.
Thanks for the reply Mel.

I have 2300 miles on it. I was getting the same top speed with the stock variator with the 11gr and 13 gr sliders as I am with the NCY variator, drive face, and NCY 12 gram rollers. So maybe it'll take some time to break in the NCY stuff, I'll see. It's not bad, just not better than the stock variator and slider combo.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

It took my setup a few days of distance riding before it seated. Then one day it just worked.

It is a 2011 and only has 2300 miles on it? Are you the original owner?? I put that many miles on mine in the first 6 months.

Remember that it is a little 125cc engine with set gearing. At higher altitudes the on board computer (ecu) may take a little time to reset itself to the upgrades. Just ride it and see if it eventually adjusts.

Some members ended up putting a Big Bore Kit (BBK) in which upgraded it to a 170cc. That is an option.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
utahusker

Post by utahusker »

I bought it used with 800 miles on it for my wife. I'm pretty happy with the performance of it, but was wondering if I could squeeze some more out of it.