Front End Damage

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

CaliCal
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Front End Damage

Post by CaliCal »

Yo friends. Be careful out there. A car pulled out infront of me and I T-boned it. My PCX still drives, but there was about 3k worth of damage to his car and Im lucky to have walked away from it. I havent gotten a price estimate yet (some are asking for $250 just for an estimate). The not so awesome part was that he doesnt have insurance. My question is, can I just order the front end parts (light, front cover, left panel, etc) and just fix it myself or will it be a big job? The handlebars look a bit off as well so theres that.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Re: Front End Damage

Post by Mel46 »

Find out who the insurance company uses to get their estimates. If an insurance company requires 3 estimates then they need to give you the names of repair facilities that do not charge for the estimate. By my calculation, if they don't have a preference but do require 3 estimates, you would have to put out $750 for estimates, which they would NOT reimburse you for.

I would get an insurance estimate so that I would know what needed to be replaced. The panels are fairly easy to replace...takes patience, but otherwise not too difficult. Their price is cheap if ordered online. I use partzilla.com. If they don't have a specific part, Bikebandit.com will.

The big problems might come if you are told that the frame is bent or the forks are bent, or something similar.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

CaliCal wrote:Yo friends. Be careful out there. A car pulled out infront of me and I T-boned it. My PCX still drives, but there was about 3k worth of damage to his car and Im lucky to have walked away from it. I havent gotten a price estimate yet (some are asking for $250 just for an estimate). The not so awesome part was that he doesnt have insurance. My question is, can I just order the front end parts (light, front cover, left panel, etc) and just fix it myself or will it be a big job? The handlebars look a bit off as well so theres that.

Go to the place that has already quoted $3k for the damage to his car and get a quote at his expense
gbru2505
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2017
Color: Carbon Grey

Post by gbru2505 »

I was reversed into on my Vision 110 while it was under warranty. Insurer paid out and Honda did the work under warranty...mainly panels and front light. In the collision I was forced backwards with all the impact happening at the front 4 months later the steering started to lock up. Honda didn't properly assess the damage imo. I ended up trading it in.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
G'Bru
tomtomclub2005
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by tomtomclub2005 »

Mel46 wrote: The big problems might come if you are told that the frame is bent or the forks are bent, or something similar.
Read the above carefully. If frame is bent it will probably be declared totalled.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Since he doesn't have an estimate on his bike yet, he doesn't know if it will be totalled yet. After he gets an estimate he will know more about what he can or can not do to/for the bike. Read it carefully and you will note that he said he could be charged as much as $250 for an estimate, and if the insurance company requires 3 estimates, someone has to pay for those estimates. My point is that he needs estimates before he can determine if he should do the work himself.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers