New Forza 300 - 1st Impressions

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Oldie
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 19 SH300
Color: Red

Re: New Forza 300 - 1st Impressions

Post by Oldie »

E. Foster Salsbury wrote:It would be nice if the seat to floorboard distance was greater. My 2015 measures about 17 inches. Is the new model higher?
It's now 19 inches.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Is the fuel guage accurate now?
WhiteJLY
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: Pearl white

Post by WhiteJLY »

Please post more photos for our eyes.

In Malaysia, many still waiting for Forza. We heard the local dealer is still clearing old stocks of NSS300.

XMax has been difficult to buy, need to order one and no ready stocks.
WhiteJLY
2018 Pearl White V4 PCX, 149cc
Malaysia
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Oldie »

davenowherejones wrote:Is the fuel guage accurate now?
Not absolutely sure although this morning the "range" indicator told me that I only had 6 miles to go (one bar showing on the gauge) and when I re-fuelled it took 8.12L so there were approximately 3.4L still in the tank. The manual states that one bar means that you have 2.14L left.

I suspect that the 6 mile figure was based on my quick run to the garage as I recall that it was showing higher than this before I put the bike away last time. Alternatively, I didn't quite fill the tank to the brim this morning.

Conclusion - happy to rely on the Range indicator knowing that I probably have a good 50 miles after it hits zero.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Don't be ridiculous! :lol:
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Oldie wrote:
Not absolutely sure although this morning the "range" indicator told me that I only had 6 miles to go (one bar showing on the gauge) and when I re-fuelled it took 8.12L so there were approximately 3.4L still in the tank. The manual states that one bar means that you have 2.14L left.

I suspect that the 6 mile figure was based on my quick run to the garage as I recall that it was showing higher than this before I put the bike away last time. Alternatively, I didn't quite fill the tank to the brim this morning.

Conclusion - happy to rely on the Range indicator knowing that I probably have a good 50 miles after it hits zero.
The range to go indicator on my SV can take a while to sort itself out if you switch the bike on while its on the sidestand due to slope knocking the fuel level reading off.
Maybe this is what happened on your Forza?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Oldie »

I filled it up on the centrestand just to make sure that I got a full tank. The dealer had filled it up for me before I rode the bike home but you never know how much they put in.

Interestingly, I filled up at 165 miles and it took 8.12L, so fuel consumption for the first tank was 92mpg (that's UK mpg, or about 77mpg US).

That makes me suspect that I didn't actually fill the tank properly as the bike computer told me that I had averaged only around 79mpg for the journey home.

I'll do better the next time !
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Filling up on the center stand is indeed preferable for a more accurate tank filling. :D
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Old Grinner wrote:Filling up on the center stand is indeed preferable for a more accurate tank filling. :D
You are right but on the old Forza it made very little difference.

On a big flat tank it would but the Forza tank is small.
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

Oldie wrote:...as the bike computer told me that I had averaged only around 79mpg for the journey home...
Maybe the bike computer is reading US MPG?
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Oldie »

WhiteJLY wrote:Please post more photos for our eyes.
Sorry, but I haven't had an opportunity to take proper photos but here's one showing both my Forza and PCX.

WhiteJLY
Regular User
Regular User

Post by WhiteJLY »

Oldie wrote:
WhiteJLY wrote:Please post more photos for our eyes.
Sorry, but I haven't had an opportunity to take proper photos but here's one showing both my Forza and PCX.

Those are nice scooters!

Cruising at legal highway speed, how's the consumption of the Forza?
WhiteJLY
Malaysia
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

How do you like the headlights for night riding? Is the low beam adequate. . .any problems with that? Is the high beam awesome? LED's right? :geek:
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Oldie »

Highway fuel consumption is around 80mpg (UK). I haven't had an opportunity to test the lights yet but I did hear that LEDs are pretty good.

One issue that I've found is the mirrors. I just can't seem to get an ideal adjustment which shows the traffic immediately behind me without also seeing half my body. If I move the mirrors out to see the traffic in the lanes to either side of me then I can't see anything directly following me. Maybe I just haven't tried hard enough but I've had bikes with a much better rearwards field of vision.

In terms of the seat, it's definitely softening up and is very comfortable now. Perhaps a little too high for my 5'8" as I'm on tiptoes at a stop, but just adapting to that. It does mean, however, that there's plenty of legroom whilst riding.

One of the best points is the screen - I really love the ability to do minor adjustments at the flick of a switch. The height is also fine for me but taller riders will probably not benefit just as much.

Overall, I think that this is the bike that I've been waiting for. Great weather protection, nice handling and quick enough for what I need. The light weight is a bonus and I find the bike so easy to live with and I'm sure that it will make a great touring motorcycle.

And, before I forget, I'm now a dedicated fan of keyless bikes - really convenient in all sorts of circumstances.

Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

Not sure if they will ever again make a 300 with as low as seat height as the 1st Forza. The trend is not, I am borderline riding the newer ones my inseam is 30 in. Its the saddle width that matters a lot, I have ridden GSXRs, CBR600 and ZX6r just fine.

The R6 is a problem, at 33 inch seat it be careful!!
:geek:
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

I really don't see the point of keyless on a scoot. The failsafe on my SH300 was a plastic key with a coded magnet in. If you lost the keyless fob then you pulled a panel and used the plastic key to trip the seat lock and get in that way. But the manual said to take the plastic key out with you. If you're going to have to carry a key all the time then you don't need a fob.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mister Paul wrote:I really don't see the point of keyless on a scoot. The failsafe on my SH300 was a plastic key with a coded magnet in. If you lost the keyless fob then you pulled a panel and used the plastic key to trip the seat lock and get in that way. But the manual said to take the plastic key out with you. If you're going to have to carry a key all the time then you don't need a fob.
That is great for you. Wasn't the 20th century fantastic :lol:

The rest of the world may have moved on :lol:
WhiteJLY
Regular User
Regular User

Post by WhiteJLY »

Oldie wrote:Highway fuel consumption is around 80mpg (UK). I haven't had an opportunity to test the lights yet but I did hear that LEDs are pretty good.

One issue that I've found is the mirrors. I just can't seem to get an ideal adjustment which shows the traffic immediately behind me without also seeing half my body. If I move the mirrors out to see the traffic in the lanes to either side of me then I can't see anything directly following me. Maybe I just haven't tried hard enough but I've had bikes with a much better rearwards field of vision.

In terms of the seat, it's definitely softening up and is very comfortable now. Perhaps a little too high for my 5'8" as I'm on tiptoes at a stop, but just adapting to that. It does mean, however, that there's plenty of legroom whilst riding.

One of the best points is the screen - I really love the ability to do minor adjustments at the flick of a switch. The height is also fine for me but taller riders will probably not benefit just as much.

Overall, I think that this is the bike that I've been waiting for. Great weather protection, nice handling and quick enough for what I need. The light weight is a bonus and I find the bike so easy to live with and I'm sure that it will make a great touring motorcycle.

And, before I forget, I'm now a dedicated fan of keyless bikes - really convenient in all sorts of circumstances.

Same here.. after feeling the constraint PCX on motorway, I have been reading for what could be a second cruising bike and keyless bike has been a priority. Someone did advise me, that once you lived with it... You will want it again.

Happy biking.
WhiteJLY
Malaysia
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

I really like the keyless function on my XMAX. When my keys dont come out of my pocket they just don't get lost as easily, they don't scratch anything up, the system works perfectly. There is also a mechanical key , that allows you to input a key code to emergency start it if the key is dead or lost.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

you you wrote:
Mister Paul wrote:I really don't see the point of keyless on a scoot. The failsafe on my SH300 was a plastic key with a coded magnet in. If you lost the keyless fob then you pulled a panel and used the plastic key to trip the seat lock and get in that way. But the manual said to take the plastic key out with you. If you're going to have to carry a key all the time then you don't need a fob.
That is great for you. Wasn't the 20th century fantastic :lol:

The rest of the world may have moved on :lol:
If the 21st century means having to carry a key (like you normally would anyway) all of the time in order to be able to address the downsides of a fob, whereas previously you only needed a key, then pass me my flat cap.