2018 model musings

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

cnikonpete
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: red

2018 model musings

Post by cnikonpete »

Thought I'd share some latest non events, had a two lovely rides today, slightly tainted by a few issues. First the strange buzzer that goes off just before the ABS light goes off, today it did it's thing as normal,then when I reached my first destination,it buzzed just As I was turning into the bumpy car park,ABS light didn't come on,just the buzzer.

On to next stop, can't get key to turn,panicking,then it turns,buzzer buzzes,ABS light and buzzer go off,then 2 to 3 extra buzzes, ABS light off as it should be.
Get home,put some WD40 on key,try spare key,still notchy,then realise I am pushing key in as far as it will go against spring pressure,like you do when engaging steering lock.

Honda reliability doubts cloud mind,try not pushing key in so far,turns as smooth as before. Not sure if I have changed key turning habits or ignition. lock fault developing.

Lovely day,let's go on another jaunt,enjoying myself watching avg mpg go past 130 mpg,then hear what sounds like distant burglar alarm,trouble is,it stops every time I do. Surely not another never heard of fault. After a few miles of trying to convince myself that it can't be the bike,and that several separate houses are getting burgled,decide to stop and investigate.

Remove disarmed alarm disc lock from under seat, complete with curly disc lock reminder that had been setting it off, and peace returns. Ride home uneventful and lovely Cornish countryside being admired more at the mildly sedate speed I am riding now.

Get home,try key multiple times,works fine if not pushed in against Spring pressure. Decide my new machine is old enough to face my spanners and adjust throttle free play from about 8 to 9 mm to within specs at 5mm,glad Honda have revised adjusting procedure from throttle body to a much easier task at the twist grip.

Other than my various non events,bike is getting better and better,booked in next week to get first service stamped in book,supposed to be about £70 for the oil change etc. Not sure what the etc will be,but am going to pay so at least for a year I won't have to worry about any warranty disputes.

Anyway,if you have read my ramblings to the end,well done for perseverance and patience, and all the best.
Blazinby
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015 + 2018
Color: Black,Matt Grey

Re: 2018 model musings

Post by Blazinby »

yeah,

that buzz is a little disconcerting at first, but other than that no issues so far.

Done about 750 miles and have already changed the oil, I don't think I'll be paying Honda to do any servicing as I'd rather do it myself.

1. It's cheaper, I am looking at 6000+ miles a year the service intervals mean I would be paying a lot of money in a short space of time

2. I don't trust anyone to be as fussy about my scooter as I am

3. I like to be in my garage pretending that what I'm doing is really complicated and requires a lot of tea (or beer)

:)
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

2. I don't trust anyone to be as fussy about my scooter as I am
X2!

When I had my PCX I did all my own work also. :geek:
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

On my 2013, I have done all of my own servicing, after the initial 600 mile one by Honda. Makes the cost of ownership dirt cheep. Not impressed with my dealer as parts are crazy expensive. I get my maintenance parts from Babbitts at about 1/20 the cost of my dealer.
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 19 SH300
Color: Red

Post by Oldie »

My new 2018 PCX has done around 750 miles now. I changed the oil and cleaned the filter after 200 miles then gave it to the dealer for the 600 mile service (£85) as I wanted the book stamped for a likely sale of the bike to a pal next Spring. I only bought the scoot to see if I liked the concept (after years of motorcycles) and immediately decided that I did, so I pick up a new Forza 300 later this week.

My 125 has had no issues, it just goes, and, to my surprise, goes fairly rapidly! If I only needed a bike for local trips then the PCX would have been a keeper but I travel abroad on a regular basis and I think that the 300 will do the job just that little bit better.

However, the PCX has surpassed my expectations.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

noun... plural noun: musings
a period of reflection or thought.

synonyms: meditation, thinking, contemplation, deliberation, pondering, reflection, rumination, introspection, daydreaming, reverie, preoccupation, brooding; formal cogitation.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Summer Vacation is Over!
:lol: perfect timing homie! School is In this day! First lesson set by you. Cool!
I will begin my battle with those Big Yella Buses moving forward (or backward :roll: (depends really) till the next holiday. Stopping at Railroad tracks and ..... Well you know. Stop n Go

What period is Lunch? :lol:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

I think the PCX has Surprised most buyers...in a Good Way. Thank you Honda :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You