Installed Givi rack and case

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

RSTX
Year: 2017
Color: Dark Pearl Blue

Installed Givi rack and case

Post by RSTX »

I ordered the Givi SR1136 rack and E340NTA case for my PCX. The rack was very easy to install. I removed the cover and left it off since the rack hides everything. No drilling. The case seems like a good fit. Not too big, not too small. My son's 17" laptop fits easily.
Attachments
pcxbox3.jpg
pcxbox3.jpg (851.78 KiB) Viewed 1686 times
pcxbox2.jpg
pcxbox2.jpg (862.18 KiB) Viewed 1686 times
pcxbox1.jpg
pcxbox1.jpg (887.1 KiB) Viewed 1686 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Installed Givi rack and case

Post by Mel46 »

Many of us have found the Tail Box on because they really do come in handy. Wait until you are asked to pick a few things up at the store and you will see. I have gone grocery shopping on my PCX, and I was able to put 2 of those plastic bags of groceries in the box, and one under the seat. Very convenient.

Now consider getting a taller windshield. It will make a lot of difference in ease of control and comfort.

Also, would you mind going into your profile and adding the year and color of you bike, please?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
RSTX
Color: Dark Pearl Blue

Post by RSTX »

Mel46 wrote:Now consider getting a taller windshield. It will make a lot of difference in ease of control and comfort.

Also, would you mind going into your profile and adding the year and color of you bike, please?
I've thought about a taller screen but do most of my riding in 35-45 zones. I'm not sure I "need" more.

I just updated my profile. When I joined I did not have a PCX so I left the info blank. I also know that my color is Dark Pearl Blue. Ooh la la!
Testerpt5
Year: 2015
Color: Black matte

Post by Testerpt5 »

I am in desperate need to grt a bigger case,my 27L is way too small for my current needs, even 34L is too small, I am considering a 47L to 52L, it does look way too big for the bike, but daily needs speaks higher.
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

Well 47L to 52L is certainly big enough for daily needs just beware of the weight. I had a Givi 46L that was built like Fort Knox but I felt it on rides and to me affected cornering handling. Too heavy. I replaced with a much lighter Givi 40L and its real light and zero affects on handling. Its the monokey V40 topcase.
:geek:
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Looks good to me! :D

Maybe put some additional reflective stuff on the box for night time safety? ;)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Testerpt5,
If you already have a small tailbox, why not purchase a larger one that can be stored when not needed? Swapping boxes is quite easy as long as you purchase the larger one from the same manufacturer. Having two different sizes allows you to use the smaller one for times when you are just "tooling around town", while the larger one can be used when needed.

An example of that situation might be if you need a larger one to carry your laptop during business or school, while the smaller one can be used when you do not need to carry your laptop. Same applies for grocery shopping vs going out for coffee.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Mister Paul »

It's disappointing that Honda didn't design the rear handle on the PCX so that a standard Honda top box would fix straight on, as with some of their other scoots. It's a far more attractive, simpler and practical solution.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mister Paul wrote:It's disappointing that Honda didn't design the rear handle on the PCX so that a standard Honda top box would fix straight on, as with some of their other scoots. It's a far more attractive, simpler and practical solution.

But not for those who would never have a top box. It seems a reasonable compromise.as is.
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

you you wrote:
Mister Paul wrote:It's disappointing that Honda didn't design the rear handle on the PCX so that a standard Honda top box would fix straight on, as with some of their other scoots. It's a far more attractive, simpler and practical solution.

But not for those who would never have a top box. It seems a reasonable compromise.as is.
Both have got very similar handles on the back, the sh ones being slightly longer and having slots for the box. There's very little difference.
NADman
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by NADman »

A stock Honda part. My old SH150i box fits the PCX perfectly.
I don't have the pt.# right now but will find it if you like.
Attachments
IMG_0618.JPG
IMG_0618.JPG (208.88 KiB) Viewed 1553 times
He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. -Winston S. Churchill.
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

NADman wrote:
That's a replacement to the factory fitted? Excellent.
NADman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by NADman »

Mister Paul wrote:
NADman wrote:
This one.
https://www.amazon.com/Honda-08L70-KZY- ... B00DSPEFZ0
He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. -Winston S. Churchill.
NADman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by NADman »

Mister Paul wrote:
NADman wrote:
Honda #08L70-KZY-910
Testerpt5
Year: 2015
Color: Black matte

Post by Testerpt5 »

I will consider the 40L case.
My daily needs have to do with with work necessities, I deliver mail with my Pcx and often I need to put the full face modular helmet either on the case or in the lugage, the problem lies with carrying too much needed stuff.
Denny
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2021
Color: Black

Post by Denny »

I currently have the Givi 40L (V40NA) topcase on my Honda Elite. It's the heavier duty Monokey series though, not interchangeable with the Monolock cases. I would like to install it on my 2016 PCX, but I can only find info for the Monolock rack (SR1136). I sent them an email asking which rack works on the PCX for the Monokey topcases. If anyone already knows holla back. Thanks
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Tester,
There are also some soft side bags that you can buy for you PCX that are easy to install and remove. They are held in place by your seat. Other members on this forum have used them without any problems.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

xixon
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by xixon »

I have a Honda top-box which I use all the time, but my biggest disappointment is the weight capacity of only 6 LBS, which equates to 8 tins of beer....so I can't even bring home a dozen without exceeding the capacity.

IMHO... the size is really irrelevant, it's the weight capacity that matters
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

You can carry home a lot more beer than that but the police may not like how you carry it. :lol: :roll:

By the way, the weight limit is a CYA type of thing from the manufacturer. I have loaded much more than that in my tail box.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

xixon
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by xixon »

Mel46 wrote:You can carry home a lot more beer than that but the police may not like how you carry it. :lol: :roll:

By the way, the weight limit is a CYA type of thing from the manufacturer. I have loaded much more than that in my tail box.
I overload mine as well....I figure eventually it will malfunction but until then I bring home a dozen, or sometimes a box of 15 in the top-case and another box of 15 under the seat (it just squeezes in...actually the corners of the box get pushed in a bit.

BTW: I had the Honda recall done to my top-case, not sure it really needed the retrofit or not, but since it was free, why not