All my freeway vibes are gone

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

All my freeway vibes are gone

Post by 87112 »

When I first got my 15 300 I wrote the bike had vibes above say 62mph or so. I have now put 3,000 miles on my Forza and all the vibes are now gone in all the freeway speed ranges. It is a nice surprise to say the least. I ride the freeways a lot and I guess all that high rpm must have made the cylinders like glass. I see no problems riding this scooter say from Seattle to San Diego ( in the slow freeway lanes of course).
:geek:
aguim
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014

Re: All my freeway vibes are gone

Post by aguim »

I've had my bad vibes, too:

- from the clutch at take-off. It turned out I had done a poor job of 'cleaning' the clutch shoes (using
cheap sandpaper, finger applied). Emery 80 and a little sandbar cured that. I should have known
better. Just a few quick, light passes are enough.
- from the rear end, also at take-off. This one I just couldn't figure out for a while...until, in
desperation, I covered the tops of both shocks's springs with 3" long tire tube sections ! Not
a vibe since.

32,000 km today and not a cent spent on repairs. This thing is perfectly boring, hey.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: All my freeway vibes are gone

Post by gn2 »

I didn't spend very much repairing mine, but Honda did :lol:
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong