Got a speeding ticket on my PCX.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion
Year: 2018
Color: Dark Pearl Blue

Re: Got a speeding ticket on my PCX.

Post by Cube »

Eiron wrote:
Ganglylamb wrote:... At this point I am even thinking of getting rid of my car and just keep the pcx, if I need to haul anything big I will use the better half her car :D ...
I've thought about this as well. Now I just need to find my "better half"! :D
You happen to know another forum member with a truck until you do! :lol:

I'm actually not bundling my motorcycle with my auto/home insurance, but I have more than one bike so I'm sure I'm getting a break that way. I didn't like my auto carrier's bike coverage, and now that I'm dealing with my better half's bike claim I'm even more sure I won't move my bikes over.
2018 Dark Pearl Blue PCX150
2007 Cyber Silver Metallic Silver Wing
2014 Glowing Red Forza 300
Ganglylamb
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 - 125cc
Color: White (NHA16)

Post by Ganglylamb »

Eiron wrote:Will your motorcycle insurance premiums stay as low if you don't also insure a car? Here in the US we often benefit from "multi-vehicle discounts," but if I drop my car insurance for motorcycle only then my motorcycle insurance will go way up. We even have "multi-coverage discounts" if you're insuring your vehicles and your dwelling under that same insurer.
We have the same multi-vehicle thing, they even group it together with house/fire/theft insurance and even mortgage on a house. Well they do not state this explicitly but I know for a fact that it is like this. Some nice guy at the bank where I have my insurance let me look at his computer screen and showed me that all the possible benefits I could have were selected in the available checkboxes. When I disagreed they made a phone call to the head office and all of a sudden some magic checkboxes could be ticked as well; lowering some costs...

So it could be that the motorcycle insurance goes up if I give up on my car, but I guess since my wife is also insured at the same office I'll still get some discount.

I guess their main reasoning, above all other things is: if you crash a car of let's say 1500 kg the possible damage is likely to be much more compared to when you crash a 130kg motorcycle (F=m.a for the physicists out there) . Where the latter will probably involve only you (as far as 'body damage' goes) the first will be more likely to involve other people as well.

After all insurances are not a charity they only exists because they can make a living out of it.

About that better half, sure you'll run into her, the pcx pillion awaits eagerly!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

"After all insurances are not a charity they only exists because they can make a living out of it."

Unfortunately, some insurance companies want a lot more than just to make a living. Our auto + motorcycle coverage is increasing on average $20 every three months where we live, even though we are not the ones having the accidents. Is that "making a living" or is it greed?

As i have said before, we live in an area where idiots with expensive cars drive like they are on an Autobahn. Every single day the police and ambulances are seen and heard going to a local crash.

Heck, when my suv was totalled it was because a Millennial was trying to see how fast the car his mother had just boughthim would go between lights. We should not be punished for their stupidity.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Mel46 wrote:.....We should not be punished for their stupidity.
Stupidity can be punished, but it can't be fixed. ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

Unfortunately, some insurance companies want a lot more than just to make a living. Our auto + motorcycle coverage is increasing on average $20 every three months where we live, even though we are not the ones having the accidents. Is that "making a living" or is it greed?
I donno, I thought Ins Cos were regulated by the states and awards from litigation are funded by insurance premiums. It’s competitive enough that some companies have stopped selling policies in some areas of the country.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Well there is obviously something wrong when the whole area constantly gets premium increases, whether you are a good driver or not, and I am not talking about little increases. The premium increases are actually forcing some people to move out of this area, and we are being forced to think about it too.

Before we moved into this particular house we lived in a zip code area in which the insurance company refused to insure our Volvo just because we lived in that particular zip code. We finally found a "high risk" insurance company just for our Volvo, (which we eventually sold because we couldn't afford the insurance and upkeep on it).
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

It's starting to come apart. . .save yourselves. . .women and children to the lifeboats. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
P1010099a.jpg
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

kramnala58 wrote:
Mel46 wrote:.....We should not be punished for their stupidity.

Can't you get new panels for it?
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017

Post by pattomike »

Mel46 wrote:I found that to be true on our bikes but as our speed moved closer to 60 mph the difference between real and indicated dropped. At 60 mph on both of our PCX150s they match the GPS reading on our phones.

That being said, Pat, how fast WERE you going by your speedometer? Hmmm..... 55??
I wasn't looking at my speedometer. I have heretofore always zipped around with abandon, which is what a scooter is made for. Now I am a nervous wreck, and constantly looking at the speedometer.
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pattomike »

I have already contacted the DOT and pleaded my case to not have my driver's license automatically suspended since I am a truck driver, and it would cause me untold problems. I wrote them a letter, and someone there called me back on the phone. He said, sorry, but there is nothing we can to do prevent the license from being suspended. Once I pay the fine, this is an admission of guilt, and the county automatically sends a letter to the DOT, and informs them of my guilty plea. Then the DOT suspends my license, and sends me a letter. The DOT rep says as soon as I get their letter, send in an SR-22 immediately so the license can be reinstated. I will also have to pay them $85 for the reinstatement fee. The SR-22 is probably going to cost around $25. I get the latter from my insurance company. I can expect my insurance rates to go up significantly, according to what I have been reading, due to the SR-22. They better not try to raise my insurance on all my vehicles, or I will have a cow. The only insurance rate that should be effected is my motorcycle insurance policy. I got insurance only hours after getting my driving-without-insurance citation. It was $99 for basic liability for 1 year. So yeah, it will go up after I ask them for a SR-22. But like I said, it better be only my motorcycle insurance that goes up.
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pattomike »

I noticed while scrolling though the replies there is a pic of a clusterfuck at the speedway, smoke and cars everywhere; presumably a demolition derby. Which begs the question, why is it on my thread about getting pulled over on my PCX? Is this how you assume I drive?
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I noticed while scrolling though the replies there is a pic of a clusterfuck at the speedway, smoke and cars everywhere; presumably a demolition derby. Which begs the question, why is it on my thread about getting pulled over on my PCX? Is this how you assume I drive?
No. . .of course not! :D

The thread was drifting into talk about insurance rates going up and how no matter how hard you try to find reasonable rates some areas are just extremely high. There's not much you can do about it except move to a place where there's less traffic and lower incidences of claims.

Hope things turn out OK for you at the end of it all. Life is a struggle sometimes isn't it? 8)

I won't even start on what they charge for flood insurance. . .that would be way off topic. ;)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

My favorite police vs scooter chase video.

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

homie wrote:My favorite police vs scooter chase video.

Well, that will take the tread off topic. ;)

I see the rider was wearing a Boston University hoodie, but that scene was somewhere in Europe, I would guess.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pattomike »

homie wrote:My favorite police vs scooter chase video.

he should have avoided driving through the grass. The cops will see the trail to his house. I did consider gunning it when the cop lit me up. But then I decided against it.
Eiron
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Poseidon Black

Post by Eiron »

Cube wrote:
Eiron wrote:
Ganglylamb wrote:... At this point I am even thinking of getting rid of my car and just keep the pcx, if I need to haul anything big I will use the better half her car :D ...
I've thought about this as well. Now I just need to find my "better half"! :D
You happen to know another forum member with a truck until you do! :lol:

I'm actually not bundling my motorcycle with my auto/home insurance, but I have more than one bike so I'm sure I'm getting a break that way. I didn't like my auto carrier's bike coverage, and now that I'm dealing with my better half's bike claim I'm even more sure I won't move my bikes over.
Thanks! :D
How was the trip up to Estes? And how's the Reflex working out? (Pictures??)
And congratulations again on your better half becoming your even better half!
Eiron
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Poseidon Black

Post by Eiron »

Ganglylamb wrote:... About that better half, sure you'll run into her, the pcx pillion awaits eagerly!
It's just a process of getting past all of the lady Harley riders out here! o_O
I feel like a bona fide City Slicker in the middle of the Wild West .... :lol:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Pat,

I have to say, that is a lot of trouble for lapsed bike insurance. If they did all of that in Georgia it still would not make a dent in the 'unlawful' drivers here. It is unfortunate that they make these rules to stop the bad drivers from being on the road, but in the end it is those who have a temporary lapse in judgement who end up being hurt the most.

Though this won't help you, here is a statistic for the Atlanta area that will show you what I mean. Here in our area a full 25% of the drivers do not have insurance, and of that percentage, 50% are driving with a suspended or non-existent drivers license.

Those laws that caught you up in red tape would not have affected the illegal drivers, unfortunately. I wish you well on your endeavour to straighten all of this out.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by springer1 »

My college bud was rear ended while driving his car by a guy with no insurance. After several neck and back surgeries he can now stand and walk ..... but after 14 months still can’t speak or swallow. Strictly a feeding tube and 40lb weight loss. No compensation, he’s maxed out all his savings and things look bleak. Really pi**es me off.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

1. We have problems with illegals in our area who work for landscape (lawn service) companies, most of whom are learning to drive by way of telling their boss that they do know how to drive, but don't tell him that they don't have a license and aren't even familiar with our road signs. Some even drive their "cousin's" truck while going to various job sites.

2. ...and then there are the poor in certain parts of town that can afford a car plus chrome wheels, but can't be bothered with insurance. Yesterday I saw quite a few cars in the poor side of town that had a paper "license plate" that only said TEST DRIVE on them. Either a lot of poor people suddenly came into a lot of money so that they could all be out test driving cars at the same time, or they haven't even registered the cars, which also means no insurance, and are happy to take their chances on the road.

In either case, it forces the rest of us to carry all of the insurance coverage for both parties.

3. Where I live has grown exponentially as the big companies relocate to the area and bring their executives with them from New York and New Jersey. Along with those families come the expensive and exotic cars. Some of those people have never had to drive in their lives until reaching Georgia.

With all three of those types on the roads locally, what are the chances that someone will crash into someone else who either does not have insurance, or one of the party's in the crash has a vehicle that is more expensive than the maximum insurance coverage of the other party? It happens daily here.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150