May Be Moving On from the PCX

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: May Be Moving On from the PCX

Post by PCX150Rider »

One other thing I'd like to add is that the price on the Zuma was within $300 of the SMax.

But they are two different rides.

I had to decide what features were more important to me. 8)
gbru2505
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Carbon Grey

Post by gbru2505 »

You're right about the horn. A van reversed into me and I couldn't find it in the moment. Even with regular practice since then when I'm riding about, it's just not natural. It needs to be right there on a motorbike when you're warning drivers who haven't seen you. It's not. It a reach.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
G'Bru
Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion
Year: 2018
Color: Dark Pearl Blue

Post by Cube »

I honk the horn every time I switch from the PCX to the S'Wing. I shudder to think what I'll do once my BMW is back running since it has turn signals on each bar.
2018 Dark Pearl Blue PCX150
2007 Cyber Silver Metallic Silver Wing
2014 Glowing Red Forza 300
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Cube wrote:I honk the horn every time I switch from the PCX to the S'Wing. I shudder to think what I'll do once my BMW is back running since it has turn signals on each bar.

So does mine as it’s an old one too. Never had a problem. You’ll be fine.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

FWIW I'm no longer going to use PCX150Rider and will be known as "Old Grinner".

With all due respect it just seems like the right thing to do.

That said on with the ride! 8)
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

And so it is said and so it is written. :D
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Old Grinner wrote:And so it is said and so it is written. :D
Welcome (back) to the forums. :lol:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

If you're going to grin, wear a full face helmet or your teeth will fill up with bugs. < True fact.

If you feel the need to wear an open face and expose your grin to all and sundry, one of these will help maintain the grin to a very high level:

Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

grin to a very high level:
Nice bike but it's got me stumped. I'm going to my "Encyclopedia of the Motorcycle" to see if I can find a match.

I thought maybe Royal Enfield at first but just not sure. It does look like a 650 twin. . .maybe Amal Carbs?

It's a right hand shift so thinking British. . ..

I'll get back with my answer to the mystery. :geek:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Its the much awaited new Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 which will be having its global launch in California this September.
Fuel injection, air cooled and the foot control in the pic is the brake pedal.
And its got ABS.
And its Indian.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
gbru2505
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Carbon Grey

Post by gbru2505 »

homie wrote:America is GREAT again and prosperity has gone off the charts thanks to one crazy man with the biggest balls on the palnet
Interesting. Is this really true? Most of the big economic indicators suggest that wage growth, GDP, stocks and employment are on the same steady trajectory as BT (before Trump). For us living abroad that are getting a little tired of his 'it was badly broke and all wrong but now I fixed it and made it all great again' routine, maybe you could explain what's dramatically changed for you - in tangible terms? He makes big claims, just wondering why the traditional headline figures have been steadily positive for several years.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
G'Bru
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Its the much awaited new Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 which will be having its global launch in California this September.
Wow. . .nice!

I've got to get out more often. . .had no idea. Still thought all we had on the showroom floors here were Enfield 500 Bullets in various versions. . .the military one is nice. 8)

That lever did look rather shifty to me though. . .it didn't seem to have the flat part as a brake would. . .hence the vintage guess.

The echo of "Royal Enfield Indian" spans the Universe once again.

But you mean made in India right?

What classic looking machines. If I had $$ to play with I'd get a 500 single just to have and take out on Sunday mornings at 10:00AM for coffee and donuts.

That said stay tuned for this model as well. . .. 8)

https://marksmotorsports.biz/Motorcycle ... 40015cf5f7
WI_Hedgehog