May Be Moving On from the PCX

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

May Be Moving On from the PCX

Post by PCX150Rider »

I wanted to share some news with the forum that I may be moving on from my PCX into another ride. . .. :o

Sadly I've got to consolidate my scooter situation and I'm going to trade my Roughhouse and PCX in towards something else. Time, space, and practicality are at work here. I've been asking myself lately why have two scooters when one will do nicely. . .why the redundancy? I'm not getting any younger and I've got all I can do to find time lately to ride my vintage KLR and Bandit. . .two totally different bikes with two totally different missions. 8)

Not sure what the new one will be yet. . .there are some good choices out there. It won't be a 300. Finances are limited. Form, fit, and function will rule. I have to visit showrooms and do the drill of checking out the features etc. . .. :roll:

Having the PCX has been a real thrill. Every machine has it's good points and not so good points. So whatever I get won't be "perfect" either but I'm hoping it does have the turn signal switch and horn button in the more traditional location. . .horn under/turn switch over on the left handlebar so that when I'm in a spontaneous traffic situation I won't be tapping the wrong switch. For many this is not an issue at all but for me it is. It's hard to change an automatic learned response that I've had for 50 years and be able to turn it on or off depending upon which machine I ride. Sorry, but I need consistency. Also I'd like a little more comfort in the seat. I'm no lightweight and after a longer ride it does start to become a little uncomfortable. And yet for others the PCX seat is not a problem at all. All that said the PCX has been tops in my book. Great MPG, huge under seat storage, reliable, good brakes IMHO, just plain looks good, adequate suspension, good lighting, and excellent quality of workmanship. :geek:

So moving forward I'd still like to participate in the forum regardless of what I get for a replacement and if I can share any helpful comments I will. But it is a Honda PCX/Forza forum and if anyone has a hardship with that I'll just be on my way. :|

That's about it. As we go along in life we have to adjust and adapt and sometimes make tough decisions through necessity. :geek:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: May Be Moving On from the PCX

Post by WhiteNoise »

WHAT!!
I Didn't Just Read This/That!

Noooo....words

I'll Be Back Later
Have to Digest!

(Loss of video's is killing me. You too? Waah...I'm sure I'd have a video response and you to I :( )

You were considering the new and improved Forza. Giving up on waiting? I'm trying to myself. Say, why not a 300? What then, a Vespa?

Oh I really must go now :|
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

WN - It is a difficult decision for me. . ..

From videos/pictures I've seen the new Forza will still have the upside down horn/turn signal arrangement. I guess Honda puts it on other products also but it's a feature that I have to think about too much. I've tried to work around it but sometimes in a pinch I still find myself hitting the wrong button. My instinct from years of riding is to hit that horn button down low on the handlebar where it's closest to my thumb. But that's just me. Others. . .or maybe newer riders can just consider the arrangement the "norm" perhaps but it's not what I grew up with.

Anyhow I've got to reorganize and move from two scooters to one lightweight "get around town and the suburbs" machine. It could be a 250 motorcycle or something like a Zuma or SMax.

It's complicated. . .. Not getting an XMax or Vespa 300 although they are nice. As much as I'd like to ride that "wave of enthusiasm" to gather the latest and greatest I've got to tone down my wants and focus more on my needs.

And it's not about the video situation on this forum. You can still link the URL way.

Further down the line I may unload my Bandit 1200 also but not just yet. . .although I just recently seriously considered it. Just need to be more practical with my life I guess.

The upside is I still drive a Honda. :D
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

How about a new 60" wheelbase $3999.00 275cc X-Town300i ABS ?

Lists only $300 more than the 55" wheelbase 155cc SMax.

Fish
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by k2apache6.0 »

The X Town is best bang for the buck, but local dealer said none until September, great value
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

PCX150Rider wrote:So moving forward I'd still like to participate in the forum regardless of what I get for a replacement and if I can share any helpful comments I will. But it is a Honda PCX/Forza forum and if anyone has a hardship with that I'll just be on my way. :|
There is no reason at all why you need to be "on my way"! You are more than welcome to stay. Thanks for being such a great asset to hondapcx.org

We look forward to hearing more from you in the future. Keep us posted in the bike search.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

X-Town300i ABS ?
I liked what I saw and read about the X-Town300i when I first heard about it. But they sold out quick in my area. None to be had that I can see at any local dealerships. I think there is one 400 still available though but more than I need. I also bounced around the idea of some other Kymco products. ;)

Essentially I'm trying to make a deal using the trade in value of my PCX and R50 to offset the cost of a new scooter and not have an excessive out of pocket expense. So I've really got to measure twice and cut once when I do this deal because I'm going to live with it for a long time. :roll:

At the end of the day I think it's going to be a new Zuma 125. I sat on one today at a dealership as well as an SMax and a Suzuki TU250X (nice bike). It's a little different than the previous generation Zuma 125's. The price isn't bad and the seat was actually comfortable (at least for me). I thought it had enough foot room. The only thing I wished though was that it had the turn signals mounted on stalks like the SMax rather than hanging from underneath the handle bars. I'll just have to be careful on very tight turns. That seemed to be the only negative thing I could say about it. I know it's not stellar on acceleration and it has an open glove box and no device charging port. But that's OK in my world. That said it will be faster than my R50 and although not as fast as the PCX it will be fast enough. As long as I can get 55MPH out of it I'll be good. I can use my Bandit if I choose to travel faster roads. 8)

One other nice thing about the Zuma 125 is I can take it on some dirt roads through local forests without worry. They do have an "off road" reputation. Some folks have done some awesome videos on their adventures with them. Also if I needed to trailer it somewhere it has really strong passenger hand grabs to tie onto as well.

I'm going to get the luggage rack and windshield for it and SM of course. I'll be able to get replacement OEM parts from Bike Bandit with ease. They are usually pretty good about providing support for the big 4 Japanese brands.

One last thing that I'll be glad to have is the flat floorboard. I carried stuff in the foot area of my R50 on more than one occasion and I'll be able to do it now with a Zuma 125. Some items are just too tall to fit in a top box or under the seat. ;)

Whoever ends up buying my PCX is going to be glad they did. I really took care of it.

I'll post on "Other Bikes" what I think of the Zuma moving forward.

Thanks for the suggestions though. . .the X-Town300i is a good looking scoot for the $$. :D
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

I have seen the XTown 300 a couple of times. I did not test ride it just sat on it. It is outstanding quality for 3999 msrp. In January a dealer offered a new one for me at 4500 OTD. I consider that a great price when you add in tax, freight and set up and lic and doc fees. However it was not enough to sway me from buying my used 15 Forza which I paid form the same dealer at 4450 OTD.

The materials in the dash, levers, panels, is on par with Honda quality. If you can find one locally act fast, I did not realize some places sold out of them. I go on scooter forums a lot and no one has posted they bought that scooter.
:geek:
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

I'm liking my '09 Yamaha YP400
2017-08-16 12.51.24-1-3 Resize.jpg
2017-08-16 12.51.24-1-3 Resize.jpg (79.76 KiB) Viewed 3288 times
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

The Majesty is a good looking boat! :D

No problem getting up on the Interstates with one of those. 8)

Nice having the turn signals integrated into the fairing. . .. :geek:
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

You will follow the path of many before you 8)
evolve.jpg
evolve.jpg (10.22 KiB) Viewed 3277 times
I'm currently building a home in WinterGarden Fla. Not selling my Chicago location and undecided yet as to keeping a scoot here and buying a second there. America is GREAT again and prosperity has gone off the charts thanks to one crazy man with the biggest balls on the palnet. Upgrade, expand, double down and consum... it's a wonderful life.

Homie out
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

I'm currently building a home in WinterGarden Fla. Not selling my Chicago location and undecided yet as to keeping a scoot here and buying a second there. America is GREAT again and prosperity has gone off the charts thanks to one crazy man with the biggest balls on the palnet. Upgrade, expand, double down and consum... it's a wonderful life.

Homie out
Copy that!

Sounds like you're on a mission.

Good luck.

And. . .you'll only be a hop, skip, and jump from Bike Week at Daytona each year. Oh yeah! Life is gonna be fun. :D

We be 10-10, 10-7 for now. Tomorrow is another day. :D
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Good luck with your new home.Winter Garden is a nice place and since America is sooo great again most of Puerto Rico has moved there after the hurricane.You will love it and the hills are defnitely a riders fancy,but the traffic may make you think twice about leaving the scoot behind.
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

Just stay on the forums, even without the PCX, your'e already part of the group here..

And we might be seeing you with a PCX 2022 version again, who knows..
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

fish wrote:How about a new 60" wheelbase $3999.00 275cc X-Town300i ABS ?

Lists only $300 more than the 55" wheelbase 155cc SMax.

Fish
Nice scooter, but less poke than the Downtown it replaces and FFS what's with the drab grey?
The orange downtown looked really good, scooters should be vibrant bright colours!
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Just stay on the forums, even without the PCX, your'e already part of the group here..

And we might be seeing you with a PCX 2022 version again, who knows..
Thanks!

And by then I'll be 105 years old. :lol:

Just kidding. . .. :D
WI_Hedgehog