after market variator and cluth for performance upgrade ?

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

gasolina77
Year: 2
Color: Black

after market variator and cluth for performance upgrade ?

Post by gasolina77 »

i have another pcx 150cc 2012 my is 9.5 HP on the dynojet, i haven't test the top speed yet ( it is the new engine ) which i believe should be 115-120km/h or so. I was wondering a bit about buying J.Costa variator or KOSO/Dr pulley variator + cluches, i want to know if they really give me any top speed more or at least can get me to like 11HP+ ?.
I'm using stock SH150i variator with 13gr dr.pulley roller is my result a bit low ?
i'm a bit confused about after market variator and another option is should i invest my money in Octanemax 1 or 2 to get up to 9000 or 10000 rpm on stock setup ? i have a 60mm cylinder for my bike also please help me choose which option
1/ after market variator
2/ just using aftermarket ECU like octanemax 1/2 or apitech standalone which should remove rev limiter and squeeze me a bit rpm
3/ use big bore kit 60-62mm + aftermarket ECU ( i really prefer 1 & 2 ).
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: after market variator and cluth for performance upgrade

Post by Mel46 »

Your horsepower will not change. The variator change will just allow the machine to use what it has better. With certain. variators your top end will increase because the belt is allowed to travel outward farther than it did with the stock one. Aside from a big bore kit there is no way to get more horsepower out of the engine.

Please go back into your profile and add you location so that we can be of better assistance to you. Also, please tell us which type of scooter and its year. Thank you.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers