FWIW, My PCX compared to Stock Forza observations

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

vamootsman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

FWIW, My PCX compared to Stock Forza observations

Post by vamootsman »

I rode a stock Forza yesterday just to see if the extra power was worth investing in for some longer touring. I was sorely disappointed. It's definitely a nice refined machine, but it didn't fit me at all. My knees were above my waist and there really wasn't much more leg room on it. It was like riding a recliner. It had noticeably more power, but being so much bigger, it didn't accelerate much better at all. Has loads of storage space, but the seat doesn't open all the way up so kind tough to pack the under seat area.
I really wanted to like it but I'm more comfortable on something that feels more like a proper motorcycle. The way my PCX is set up, it fits like a "Standard" bike. I removed the bars, put them in a vice and bent them forward and up into a shape with less sweep. It fits and feels like bigger bike now. With the bars forward and the humpectomy I can stretch out on the bike both forward and aft and still keep my weight balanced.

If my PCX had a few more horsepower and a bigger tank it would be nearly perfect. Maybe someday
2013 PCX 150 with,
Givi Tall Screen, and E370 Top Case
NCY Variator and Face Plate, 12 gram rollers
Takagawa Silent Oval Exhaust, K&N R1100 pod filter mod
YSS XL Rear Shock Absorbers Michelin City Grip 120/70 Front 140/70 Rear
2013 Honda CB500X with Rally Raid kit
2005 Piaggio X9 500 Evolution
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1983 Honda Nighthawk S
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: FWIW, My PCX compared to Stock Forza observations

Post by k2apache6.0 »

I can't help thinking the same thing, I'd love more power and a bit more room, the new Forza has a higher seat and a shorter wheebase, exactly the opposite of what I was hoping for, and the extra bulk offsets the extra performace somewhat. At least they trimmed off some weight though. Ideally I'd like a 'PCX 250' with 15" wheels, a dash with more info, and a tach, and a longer wheelbase like my own PCX.
I was lusting over the Yamaha TMax until I saw one in the flesh, super bulky, almost obese looking lamentably.
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
vamootsman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by vamootsman »

There's 2002 Silverwing near me that I was considering taking a look at also. Of course that's going into the full on touring scooter arena, but maybe that's the better alternative if I'm really going to put some longer highway miles in with a twist'n go.

I would settle for my bike setup the way it is with 200cc's.
2013 PCX 150 with,
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1983 Honda Nighthawk S
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by k2apache6.0 »

Personally I find the Silver wing ugly and bloated looking, not that it's not a good machine. My friend has one and swears by it. Yuminashi has a full on 175cc kit that includes everything you need for the PCX. maxtremo on youtube says it's a rocket. Lots of work but a possible altrnative.
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

vamootsman wrote:There's 2002 Silverwing near me that I was considering taking a look at also. Of course that's going into the full on touring scooter arena, but maybe that's the better alternative if I'm really going to put some longer highway miles in with a twist'n go.

I would settle for my bike setup the way it is with 200cc's.
Yes a Pcx 200 would be just right. The Goldolocks size.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Burgman or Citystar can be had as 200s and if you can find a nice used one, a Gilera Runner 200 is a little peach.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
vamootsman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by vamootsman »

k2apache6.0 wrote:Personally I find the Silver wing ugly and bloated looking, not that it's not a good machine. My friend has one and swears by it. Yuminashi has a full on 175cc kit that includes everything you need for the PCX. maxtremo on youtube says it's a rocket. Lots of work but a possible altrnative.

I haven't read anything on the forum as of yet where anyone has successfully upgraded to larger displacement on 2013 150. I haven't been on in a long time though, so maybe I missed it.
2013 PCX 150 with,
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1983 Honda Nighthawk S
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

I have a PCX and a Forza.In my view there is no comparison.Forza has enough acceleration and way more rideability.The PC X is better perhaps in a crowded urban environment ,but for a longer ride its the Forza hands down .
vamootsman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by vamootsman »

easyrider wrote:I have a PCX and a Forza.In my view there is no comparison.Forza has enough acceleration and way more rideability.The PC X is better perhaps in a crowded urban environment ,but for a longer ride its the Forza hands down .
Have you done any upgrades to your PCX or are they both stock?
2013 PCX 150 with,
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1983 Honda Nighthawk S
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Both are stock.
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Mister Paul »

vamootsman wrote:I rode a stock Forza yesterday just to see if the extra power was worth investing in for some longer touring. I was sorely disappointed. It's definitely a nice refined machine, but it didn't fit me at all. My knees were above my waist and there really wasn't much more leg room on it. It was like riding a recliner. It had noticeably more power, but being so much bigger, it didn't accelerate much better at all. Has loads of storage space, but the seat doesn't open all the way up so kind tough to pack the under seat area.
I really wanted to like it but I'm more comfortable on something that feels more like a proper motorcycle. The way my PCX is set up, it fits like a "Standard" bike. I removed the bars, put them in a vice and bent them forward and up into a shape with less sweep. It fits and feels like bigger bike now. With the bars forward and the humpectomy I can stretch out on the bike both forward and aft and still keep my weight balanced.

If my PCX had a few more horsepower and a bigger tank it would be nearly perfect. Maybe someday
You want an SH300i, but I don't think you can get them over there. Much quicker, more nimble and comfortable than a Forza. It's pretty much the perfect do-it-all scooter. It doesn't look like it will be as comfortable as a Forza, but it's more so. And the big wheels make it ride more like a motorbike than any other scoot I've ever ridden.
vamootsman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by vamootsman »

Mister Paul wrote:
vamootsman wrote:I rode a stock Forza yesterday just to see if the extra power was worth investing in for some longer touring. I was sorely disappointed. It's definitely a nice refined machine, but it didn't fit me at all. My knees were above my waist and there really wasn't much more leg room on it. It was like riding a recliner. It had noticeably more power, but being so much bigger, it didn't accelerate much better at all. Has loads of storage space, but the seat doesn't open all the way up so kind tough to pack the under seat area.

You want an SH300i, but I don't think you can get them over there. Much quicker, more nimble and comfortable than a Forza. It's pretty much the perfect do-it-all scooter. It doesn't look like it will be as comfortable as a Forza, but it's more so. And the big wheels make it ride more like a motorbike than any other scoot I've ever ridden.
Yeah, I wish I could get my hands on one here. Would like to try it out.
The SH300i motor in my PCX would be the Cat's PJ's too!
2013 PCX 150 with,
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1983 Honda Nighthawk S
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

You can get a Kymco People 300 which is better in a few ways.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
vamootsman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by vamootsman »

I rode 2up with my better half tonight for 50miles on the current setup of my PCX and was cruising 60mph 2up on highway 67 along the mighty Mississippi so I’m appeased for now,,,,,, short lived of course,,,,
2013 PCX 150 with,
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1983 Honda Nighthawk S
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

im thinking of adding a bigger scooter in the future but i want one with ABS and if possible traction control. i really wish my PCX had ABS but i couldent find one when i bought mine