Hello from Rhode Island

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

paulcoup
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Hello from Rhode Island

Post by paulcoup »

I was looking for a scooter last year, and in the process, came across this forum.
I purchased a used 2013 PCX from a dealer in Connecticut. The folks that make up this forum - make the forum, so thank you! I check in most days to see whats going on, and for the most part, there's usually at least one post that makes me smile.
This last weekend has been quite warm, so last night I went for a ride to an area called Camp Cronin, near the Point Judith lighthouse. For once I had my phone with me. :o

PC
Attachments
IMG_3491_1.jpg
IMG_3491_1.jpg (195.95 KiB) Viewed 534 times
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: Hello from Rhode Island

Post by PCX150Rider »

Another New Englander on the forum. . .great!

Been to Newport more than once. Visited some of the mansions and Fort Adams too. :D

Nice place to ride the old roads. 8)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Congrats on riding a PCX. That's a lovely scoot and photograph!
Glad you joined. We aim to please and are happy to bring a smile to yer face.
(Avoid wrinkles at all costs ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Camped out at point Judith then went over to Block Island couple years ago. You should Ferry your new PCX over to Block Island and do a round robin.. Very nice ride, lighthouses, countryside, and a dip in the ocean to cool off and a sandwich and beer at the hotel.. Way to go..wished I was there.
Last edited by easyrider on Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome to the forums, even though you have been a member for a bit, it seems this is your first post.

Great pic, thanks for posting.

BTW, apparently it takes 17 muscles to smile and 43 to frown (according to Google), so enjoy the easier way of life and keep smiling, it is less work. :D
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
paulcoup

Post by paulcoup »

Thanks folks!
Kramnala58
I have been a forum member for a few months or so, but that work thing seems to get in the way.

easyrider
I've lived in RI - specifically Narragansett for over 20 years. Block Island is a great place to visit (once you get past the yayhoos who rent for a few hours after a trip to Ballards), In fact, I'm planning on taking the ning-ning over in a week or two.

PCX150Rider
I acquired my PCX in the fall last year from a dealer in Groton CT, wouldn't say it was the best deal, but the right time and the right place. I rode her home through Mystic, Westerly etc. - a real nice ride.

I do plan to do the "humpectomy" at some point, it didn't seem too bad - at first, but a 20 mile ride recently took care of that, my arse was numb...

PC
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

I acquired my PCX in the fall last year from a dealer in Groton CT, wouldn't say it was the best deal, but the right time and the right place. I rode her home through Mystic, Westerly etc. - a real nice ride.
That's the same dealership where I bought mine! I've been going there for years. Nice place. They carry a good selection of accessories, helmets, maintenance items, and have a fairly decent sized inventory of Kawasaki and Honda. They continue to offer Kymco as well. :D

Just down the road there used to be a Harley/Suzuki dealer (New London County Cycle Sales). Bought a couple of Suzuki's there over the years. Recently they sold out to Mike's Famous Harley Davidson. Subsequently they closed down that location and moved to there new location which used to be the old Cocoa Cola Bottling Plant in New London. To get a Suzuki now you have to go to Motorsports Nation in Waterford. :geek:

Times change and things move on. . .. :roll:

I occasionally check out what Razee has to offer as well online. They have a fairly substantial dealership and have been around for years. Located in North Kingstown. I figured if Groton or New Haven didn't have what I wanted I could always check with them. 8)

https://www.razeemotorcycle.com/
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

PCX150Rider wrote:
That's the same dealership where I bought mine! I've been going there for years. Nice place. They carry a good selection of accessories, helmets, maintenance items, and have a fairly decent sized inventory of Kawasaki and Honda. They continue to offer Kymco as well. :D

Just down the road there used to be a Harley/Suzuki dealer (New London County Cycle Sales). Bought a couple of Suzuki's there over the years. Recently they sold out to Mike's Famous Harley Davidson. Subsequently they closed down that location and moved to there new location which used to be the old Cocoa Cola Bottling Plant in New London. To get a Suzuki now you have to go to Motorsports Nation in Waterford. :geek:

I occasionally check out what Razee has to offer as well online. They have a fairly substantial dealership and have been around for years. Located in North Kingstown. I figured if Groton or New Haven didn't have what I wanted I could always check with them. 8)

Mel is still cursing the seed drill :lol:
paulcoup

Post by paulcoup »

PCX150Rider wrote:

I don't live too far away from Razee, in fact, I bought a Yamaha SR400 from there just recently (after going there to buy a generator after we lost power during one of the winter storms :roll: ). Both locations have friendly, knowledgeable folks there.