Forza NSS300 dipped headlights

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

Re: Forza NSS300 dipped headlights

Post by dergav »

they were very firmly on and if I had not seen the U-Tube showing how to change the bulb I may not have persevered....My bike is kept in a dry brick garage and I tend to be a fair weather rider so there was no sign of rusting or any issue...just very firmly on. I appreciate your use was different so I am not surprised at your rusting on problem as the fitting is well exposed. Thanks for the pointers.
Kompact
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Kompact »

Mel46 wrote:Honda has never cheaper out on any of their products.
LOL, that's just about the silliest thing I have ever heard. Honda cheaps out and cuts every corner possible on most of their lineup. They are reliable because they are extremely detuned and generally run at low RPM. Most Honda bikes be it dirt or street require proper suspension and performance mods to get them up to par. Honda makes a solid corked up low RPM engine (reliable), that is why people like them but make no mistake they cut a lot of corners which is why Honda makes the cheapest bikes on the showroom floor.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Honda's flagship VFR1200 suffered catastrophic engine failures because improperly assembled cheap bearings disintegrated.
Honda have a long history of shoddy quality control on their new models.
I would never buy a new model of Honda till its been on the market for at least two years.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:Honda's flagship VFR1200 suffered catastrophic engine failures because improperly assembled cheap bearings disintegrated.
Honda have a long history of shoddy quality control on their new models.
I would never buy a new model of Honda till its been on the market for at least two years.

You bought the Forza before two years didn't you?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Yes.
Heart won over head.
But never again.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

gn2 wrote:Yes.
Heart won over head.
But never again.
Also stay away from the early production models. Mine was #98.

The oil pump shaft was slightly over size so they just hammered it in scoring the seals??? Minor leaks.

Also I think they forgot to put oil in the forks. Really bad bump handling until it was fixed.

77,000 km and counting. I have to mow a lawn and then its the Canada Day weekend!!!
NADman
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by NADman »

davenowherejones wrote:
gn2 wrote:Yes.
Heart won over head.
But never again.
Also stay away from the early production models. Mine was #98.

The oil pump shaft was slightly over size so they just hammered it in scoring the seals??? Minor leaks.

Also I think they forgot to put oil in the forks. Really bad bump handling until it was fixed.

77,000 km and counting. I have to mow a lawn and then its the Canada Day weekend!!!
There's Hope.
I lived in Sicamous for almost 40 yrs.
Attachments
cdn.jpg
cdn.jpg (3.64 KiB) Viewed 877 times
He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. -Winston S. Churchill.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

What's Canada Day and why does it require that you cut the grass?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Same as your 4th of July. I sucks that it is on a Sunday. It screws up banking.

Once upon a time everyone had a holiday, now many people have to work on holidays.

It is summer and windy and cold and raining and my truck is broken and the RCMP stole my dog and my Forza needs a new belt and I am going back to bed until things improve.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Stole your dog?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

you you wrote:Stole your dog?
The dog was old and had medical problems. The vet said he had to be put down even though he was still doing 2 mile walks every day with not too much difficulty. I told her no, paid my bill and left.

The police were at my home with a SPCA officer and seized the dog when I got home. Three police cars, lots of guns, so I did not argue, they had some crappy fax that a judge had rubber stamped for the seizure order.

The only good thing was I did not have to bury the dog. This was for a 8 pound poodle that I had inherited from my mother.
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

This may be insensitive, but that sounds like "overkill" to me?
OldGuywhoTinkers
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by OldGuywhoTinkers »

GeorgeSK wrote:I'm no electrical engineer, but increasing the power draw by nearly 60% might put a stress on the wiring?

I'll bet the nice man is right about the "brighter light" though.
========================================================================================================

To answer you, it depends. If you greatly increase amperage draw in a circuit and if the wire was undersized to begin with, the wiring might get warm during summer months. (Too many crowded electrons trying to move across the wire) You could get voltage drop, for example.

However, there is normally a little leeway, certainly on Japanese made products, and if we are talking about lights, there is a big difference between the current draw of tungsten filament or halogen lamps and the newer LED light bulbs which sometimes draw 1/5 of the amperage of light bulbs 20 years ago. Which are we talking about ?