So I made a new video just for fun

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

So I made a new video just for fun

Post by honkerman »

I lost my job on Friday. Let’s just say, the manager was a douchebag, I reported him for unethical behavior a couple months ago, and he found a technicality to get me fired for. Didn’t have the gutts to do it himself either, he had the area manager do it.

So anyway
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: So I made a new video just for fun

Post by gn2 »

honkerman wrote:I lost my job on Friday. Let’s just say, the manager was a douchebag, I reported him for unethical behavior a couple months ago, and he found a technicality to get me fired for.
You a Trade Union member...?

Trade (or Labor) Unions are the only way to stop this kind of shit happening.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Did he give you a specific reason for the termination.?. Are you over 40 years of age ?? I would file a wrongful termination suit but would need to know more of the facts .ie Did you belt someone on the job??? , theft ?? just some examples.. FYI
Unions are not necessary, but can be helpful, however the Federal labor laws over the years have gotten stricter on wrongful termination..
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Thanks for the humorous scooter vid! :D

Tough situation you have. . .sorry to hear about that. :roll:

Check out your local Unemployment Office and see what they have to offer you for support and benefits. :geek:
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

Well, one silver lining is that it's the perfect time of year for a little time off. Remember when you were a kid and you waited in school all winter long looking out the window and waiting for the winter to go away? Then finally, as if by magic, summer arrived and you were set free at the very same moment!

There's your reward for all that seasonal affective disorder and misery.

So live a little!

Best wishes,

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

montliz44 wrote:Well, one silver lining is that it's the perfect time of year for a little time off. Remember when you were a kid and you waited in school all winter long looking out the window and waiting for the winter to go away? Then finally, as if by magic, summer arrived and you were set free at the very same moment!
Except if you are married.... :x
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Unfortunately your situation is all too common. Some states, such as Georgia, are 'At Will' States. That means that they don't have to have a reason to fire you. What you have in those states are the Federal laws, which are still hard to enforce without an attorney. Age Discrimination is the big one, but you would have to prove that you were targeted because of your age.

Check into the laws in your state to make sure you can at least file for unemployment.

My wife is from PA and the taxes there drove her out. I am not familiar with taxes in the Northeastern part of the United States but to have an "Occupation Tax" even if you are a student tells me that your state penalizes people who work, so they must not want them to work.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

FYI.. if you were laid off or terminated.. Two different distinctions, but if you were replaced by a younger worker if you are over 40, there has to be a justifiable cause for action. They just cannot arbitrarily target you. In most jurisdictions the employer has to follow the three step process AKA progressive discipline. In your employee manual you will find the causes for immediate dismissal and if not then the three step process usually has to be undertaken. 1. verbal Admonishment 2. Written reprimand and 3. Formal punishment ie suspension. When a company does not follow that procedure they leave themselves open to a usually big settlement especially when they are classified as an equal opportunity employer.. As stated above seek out a good labor attorney for additional details , you might be a winner of some cash.. Believe me I have seen some big cash awards for some very stupid causes. Good luck.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:) Welcome back to the fold honkerman. That WAS a fun(ny) video that no-one should heed to ;)
Hmm, my comment just reminded me of....
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain..." (or what he's saying)

By the Way, GREAT RE-PAINT! Love the New Mix. Black n Orange. Cheers, I def can See You ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

easyrider wrote:FYI.. if you were laid off or terminated.. Two different distinctions, but if you were replaced by a younger worker if you are over 40, there has to be a justifiable cause for action. They just cannot arbitrarily target you. In most jurisdictions the employer has to follow the three step process AKA progressive discipline. In your employee manual you will find the causes for immediate dismissal and if not then the three step process usually has to be undertaken. 1. verbal Admonishment 2. Written reprimand and 3. Formal punishment ie suspension. When a company does not follow that procedure they leave themselves open to a usually big settlement especially when they are classified as an equal opportunity employer.. As stated above seek out a good labor attorney for additional details , you might be a winner of some cash.. Believe me I have seen some big cash awards for some very stupid causes. Good luck.
Terminated o_O