The waiting game begins

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

mike11148
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

The waiting game begins

Post by mike11148 »

I just finished negotiating a deal with my local Honda dealer for the 2019 PCX 150 non abs model.He offered a decent amount for my 2017 PCX.Only problem is there is no way for him to find out when his delivery of the new model will be in.It could be a week or even a month he says.I would have thought in this day and age there would be some way for him to track his shipment.He says he ordered 4 of each model.This will be my 3rd bike I bought from him and I've never had a problem with this dealership.I'm curious if anyone else has ever heard of this before?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: The waiting game begins

Post by gn2 »

Good.
Should give a long enough time for you to change your order to one with ABS.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

Yes, Mike,

That sounds exactly like my experience with ordering something from Honda which is not on the showroom floor. It seems to be their business model, though it doesn't make sense to us. Compare and contrast with Harley-Davidson, who will tell you on the day you order your bike exactly on when it will arrive.

I would consider cancelling your order and putting the money back in your pocket. It's not your dealer's fault; they have no control over the process; that's the way Honda does it.

Quote from FARGO -- Stan Grossman to Jerry Lundergard : "That's the way we prefer it, Jer."

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ah yes, the "Waiting Game" gotta love it!
Ohh, do I get antsy!

Here's what I do, uh well actually Did with both my 2011 in FL and then in NY for my 2015 -

When news leaks that a bike is coming into the U.S. that I'm Really interested in I start calling and visiting dealers (2-3 of them) and Often. You could calls me a P.I.T.A. :lol:
I chat long and hard with them so they Know for Sure, Sure that I'm interested, I mean the bizz and want "that" bike.

But wait! That's not all. They must also offer me the lowest OTD price because I got numbers in my pocket from the other dealers. Yes, we be Comparing. (Fun time this is where the "brat" in me really comes out :oops:)

I leave them my first name and phone # period. No dollars, Whilst I wait. As I wait I continue with dealer visits and follow up calls. Nagging nicely (yes, there Is Such a Thing :lol: )
They do call!
When phone rings and they say it's on the way I hightail it to the shop. Sit 'n see proof it's on the way to them. Then we draw up papers with the OTD price we agreed upon.
Time out to Giggle...as they do weedle in a few dollars more saying they have to. And I get it...after they explain what the new-to-me-cost-is.
Hey! They got a "Brat" in them too. Fairs fair.

Then you try to work in a freebie. Worth a try. All they can say is: "No can do" or....how about a T-shirt, a pair of gloves, etc?
Me, I hand them my battery tender lead and ask them to install it whilst they prep the bike for me. This stuff really happens and it can happen for you too.
Step up. Ask. Ya just Never Know, maybe you'll get a windscreen? That's the Jackpot! Or a topbox? Wow!

P.S. SERIOUSLY consider ordering a Service Manual while you're there, so come delivery day the Manual will be ready to leave with you and yer bike. CHEERS! A win-win-win!

P.S.S. Oh and Make sure you get your Owners Manual and that helpful little "toolkit"
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

MIKE! I'm Soooo Dang Excited For You!! WooHoo!!! :P 8) :P Can't wait to See Your Pics!!

(Why no ABS though? Unfamilar territory? I get it, it would be for me too. But worth some more thought. Maybe?)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Americade just came and went but they'll have another one next year. If you live up in the Lake George area you know what I mean.

Have a blast with your new scoot when you get it. There are lots of back roads in Upstate NY to ride. Watch out for deer though right? I especially liked Sullivan County.

Or. . .if you live over near Bethel check out the "Bethel Woods" museum at the original site of Woodstock. Nice way to spend an afternoon. It does cost money to get into the museum or see a show but just riding around the site or walking around near the monument to see is free. 8)
P1010003a.jpg
P1010003a.jpg (237.89 KiB) Viewed 658 times
Here's a link to the Bethel Woods Center web site.

https://www.bethelwoodscenter.org/