Recommended tools for PCX 150 servicing

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Zaphod
Year: 2012
Color: red

Recommended tools for PCX 150 servicing

Post by Zaphod »

Hi all.
May anyone suggest the recpommended tools and consumables required for the periodic service of the PCX 150 2012?

Thanks
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Recommended tools for PCX 150 servicing

Post by fish »

First tool I'd buy is a nice black 1" thick 6' long exercise matt to keep your bones off of the concrete.
Best tool I ever bought! ( actually dozed off during a brake bleed. Roll of paper towels for pillow)
Fish
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Fish, I thought about buying one of those shop Mat assemblies that look like a puzzle (you assemble it by putting the puzzle squares together), but I wondered how I could use it with the PCX. If I put it together to cover my work area I don't think I could put the PCX on it on the bike center Stand. So, how do you use yours?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Mel46 wrote:Fish, I thought about buying one of those shop Mat assemblies that look like a puzzle (you assemble it by putting the puzzle squares together), but I wondered how I could use it with the PCX. If I put it together to cover my work area I don't think I could put the PCX on it on the bike center Stand. So, how do you use yours?
If I'm working on the right side of the scooter - I put a couple sheets of newsprint under the offending area, then I roll out the 3 foot wide - 6 foot long mat on the right side of the scooter.
Lay out my tools, get a roll of paper towels, put on my blue rubber gloves, put my head on the paper towel roll and pretend I'm working on the scooter.

It's not a puzzle mat, it's a roll of soft cushion to exercise on, but DO get the thick stuff, and in black so the knuckle blood doesn't show.

The mat is for ME, not the scooter. Me. My knees. My shoulders. If ever I pass out from the excitement of scooterin' mechanics - I try to hit the mat.

I don't even get down to check the air in the tires without first throwing that mat down.
And, when you buy it in Dick's Sporting Goods - the girls at the cash register, and in line behind you in their leotards - think you are a regular exercising fool. She actually said, "Good luck with your sit-ups!"

Like, you know, just sayin', you know .....like that's ever going to happen!

Well. maybe if a lit Marlboro roll under me!

Fish
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Invariably if I start on one side of the bike i will end up on the other side for some unknown reason. My wife tells me to get a mat for both sides of the bike, but you can bet that if I do that I will end up working on the front.

In any case, I will eventually buy a mat of some sort because my knees and old bones feel the basement floor and don't like it.

In answer to the original question, consider a full metric socket set and a JIS screw driver. Oh, and a set of automotive trim removal tools. (They are quite cheap but come in quite handy for removing the panels.)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome to our forum(s) Zaphod!
Below are links to other threads on the subject of "Tools." Enjoy gathering yours! 8)

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1134
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=902
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

fish wrote:First tool I'd buy is a nice black 1" thick 6' long exercise matt to keep your bones off of the concrete.
Best tool I ever bought! ( actually dozed off during a brake bleed. Roll of paper towels for pillow)
Fish
Like! ^^
This pool float "mat" would serve that purpose. Highly visible and comes with a built-in headrest ;)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Texas-Rec-Spla ... Sw1fJa-1-v
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (10.57 KiB) Viewed 1598 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You