new pcx owner

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

qcpcx
Year: 2013
Color: red

new pcx owner

Post by qcpcx »

Hello everyone. I just bought a 2013 pcx 150 this weekend and it is my first two wheeled vehicle. It does have some scratches :( but the mileage is pretty low at around 1700. Going to do an oil change this weekend as the owner apparently used energy conserving oil previously. Hopefully that didn't negativity impact it. Anyway, just wanted to say hello!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Re: new pcx owner

Post by Mel46 »

Hello, and welcome to our forum.

Please do us a favor and go into your profile and add your location. If you live in the United States then all you really need to add is your state. This helps us to help you better. Thank you
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
power-full
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2010
Color: preta

Post by power-full »

Bem vindo well come
https://www.facebook.com/sergiofininho
Pcx powerfull kit yuminashi 168cc
93000km 23.03.2022 dont stop..
qcpcx

Post by qcpcx »

Thank you both! I added my state to my profile, I am in Illinois :)
qcpcx

Post by qcpcx »

I saw in another forum that user Homie was sharing 2013 service manuals which was allowed by the moderator although they still decided to lock the thread. Is there any recommendations on how to obtain that, or how to contact that user? It seems I do not have the permission to message people directly.
Blazinby
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015 + 2018
Color: Black,Matt Grey

Post by Blazinby »

Hey qcpcx,

welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase! You will def not regret it.

In answer to your question;

I believe sharing a complete manual is beyond what could argued as "fair usage" and as such if the forum did so they (or maddiedog) may be liable to litigation.

Fear not,

if there is a page or two you needed then someone could legally send you them, but; anything you will ever need to know about your bike is covered by those who have physically taken their's apart and put them back together.

Members here can advise you with instructional vids, pics, vlogs etc.

IMHO you don't need a full owners/service manual, the good folks here have done everything you can imagine to their scoots and if you do feel that you need (or just want) a manual they can provide links to where you can buy one legally :)

Happy two wheeling :)

Stay safe, stay upright
qcpcx

Post by qcpcx »

Thanks for the warm welcome and feedback!

I may have misunderstood the consensus regarding the manuals, but I can understand your viewpoint! You make a good point that this forum appears to have good instructions for most anything I would plan to do.

I need to order a helmet, I need to search the forum for recommendations next. It sounds like white/bright colors are the way to go.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Hopefully you can go someplace and try a bunch on. Descriptions on Revzilla are lovely, but 15 minutes on your own personal squash is far more enlightening.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Welcome!

About the helmet. GeorgeSK makes a valid point. Some people are egg heads and some are melon heads and some are fat heads etc. . ., so if you don't have any history with helmet sizes or brands it wouldn't be a bad idea to actually go to a dealership and try a few on for size. If you see something you like get it if $$ is ample. Once you do have a helmet that is a "fit" then you have a reference for future purchases. Make sure it's DOT or SNELL approved. SNELL usually costs extra. I have had several different brands over my riding career but more recently I've been happy with HJC. Their sizing is consistent IMHO so if I order a new one online I can be pretty sure I won't be disappointed if I get another in the same size. You can spend as much or as little as you want on a helmet and at the end of the day there is always the proverbial question, "So how much is your head worth?". The brain is the computer center. Lose that and you are pretty much toast for the duration. I recommend a full-face type helmet for optimum protection. Some will argue that they are "hot" in Summer but the ones I've had were adequately vented. Once in a while in extreme heat or in special circumstances for around town, or quick errands, I will use my 3/4 open face HJC CL-5 helmet but otherwise my go-to helmets are full-faced. FWIW I've got an older Shoei RFR and a new HJC Symax III. 8)
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

i never had any problem buying directly from revzilla. I followed their head measurements and never had to return one. im a helmet addict and probably bought 7 or 8 in the past 3 years. my favorite brand is scorpion....great value and quality.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

qcpcx wrote:I saw in another forum that user Homie was sharing 2013 service manuals which was allowed by the moderator although they still decided to lock the thread. Is there any recommendations on how to obtain that, or how to contact that user? It seems I do not have the permission to message people directly.
Check your PM's :D maybe see you around the Chicagoland area?
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

Round heads go with HJC. Great value helmets.
:geek:
power-full
Regular User
Regular User

Post by power-full »

Este é o meu hjc
Attachments
IMG_20170925_065450.jpg
IMG_20170925_065450.jpg (169.77 KiB) Viewed 1460 times
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017

Post by PCX150Rider »

Este é o meu hjc
Nice helmet . . . good reflective materials also on the riding gear.

Electrifying! :lol:

If somebody doesn't see you then they shouldn't be driving! ;)
power-full
Regular User
Regular User

Post by power-full »

:D :lol: :x goood
qcpcx

Post by qcpcx »

homie wrote:
qcpcx wrote:I saw in another forum that user Homie was sharing 2013 service manuals which was allowed by the moderator although they still decided to lock the thread. Is there any recommendations on how to obtain that, or how to contact that user? It seems I do not have the permission to message people directly.
Check your PM's :D maybe see you around the Chicagoland area?
Thank you so much! You made my day! I have already tackled the oil and coolant changes. Final drive gear oil this weekend... Brake fluid after that sometime since I'm less familiar with how to do that properly at the moment. I'm on the other side near the Mississippi!

I went to a Honda dealership and tried a few hjc and ls2 branded ones on while stocking up on Honda fluids. I left thinking I could order online for less but I haven't really found a retailer I could easily return to if needed and the prices aren't all that much less online for the few I have looked at. I have learned a few things to consider like the sun visor and whether I should get a modular design. Most people seem to prefer full face and not modular, I am curious if due to safety being a weaker structure. Otherwise I would think it would be nice to open up to chat or something. Need to get helmets (passenger sometimes for fun) and possibly a jacket soon as i wanting to start riding to work :)
just5ft
Color: Black

Post by just5ft »

I'm a new(er) owner myself! Having a blast. Enjoy the ride.
She believed she could so she did.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

If you want a Snell rated helmet, you can forget modular. The Snell test lets the tester look for the most likely point of failure and attack the helmet at that point. The hinges are an obvious, and somewhat fragile target.

That said, most all of the modulars pass DOT. I'm not sure about ECE.

I have a full face (the Admiral insisted on Snell) HJC FG-17 that fits snug, but is breaking in nicely. It comes pin-lock ready. I wanted pin-lock after five years with my S&S. Fogging up in late fall and early spring was annoying. As far as missing the modular's special trick, If I stop somewhere for a bit, I take the helmet off. The local store was a bit more than Revzilla, but when I bought it in February, not much more. In some ways it is nice to support the local brick and mortar.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

qcpcx,

Here is some PCX stuff you might be interested in...:-)
PCX-stuff.pdf
(49.13 MiB) Downloaded 69 times
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers