Microsquirt Standalone for 2013 PCX 150 motor

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

jpanem
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: black

Microsquirt Standalone for 2013 PCX 150 motor

Post by jpanem »

I'm gonna bite the bullet on this. Since there's no available tuning standalone ecu for the 2013 PCX 150 motors, I'm going to try out the microsquirt standalone ecu. I was on a the Yuminashi piggy back and its good for the stock motor. Since I've BBK my motor to a TRP 175cc kit, the Yuminashi piggy back took a dump on me to where I couldn't send my changes on fuel or ignition to the piggyback unit. I was with other tuners from different companies like Hoedar and aRacer when this piggyback crap out on me... felt embrassing lol. Hoedar would be the dream standalone ecu but the mircrosquirt is the closes to the hoedar with a little more work.

I've been toying about this idea for a while and seems the best route to get some power out of the PCX motor. I might continue to update here if I remember.

BASE dyno for the TPR 175cc kit while 14.3 HP while A/F around 10.8 on stock ecu and no piggyback. There's still plenty of power to be made.
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Re: Microsquirt Standalone for 2013 PCX 150 motor

Post by Oyabun »

I wish there would be a like button on this fine site.
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by k2apache6.0 »

Still waiting for a definative setup for the PCX that doesn't involve complications, reliability issues, or crazy expense. The BBK is cheap enough but the other stuff for just another 3 horsepower seems to add up to an expensive and frustrating experience. I know Chicaboo was experimenting with this and all manner of modifactions until his accident. Frankly if I could get a worthwhile gain that's reliable for around $300 I'd take the plunge but I dont want to mess with fuel/air maps ad infinitum.
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

The Dobek EJK is fine for road tuning with an AFR gauge if you don't care about timing adjustment (or throwing a CEL...).
Megasquirt sounds familiar from my car tuning days 15 years ago?
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013

Post by Gil »

It should be doable, only thing to wire around is the stator/starter controller that is part of the ecu. I was thinking of microsquirt as a better and cheaper option that what is offered at the moment.
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
jpanem
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by jpanem »

Gil wrote:It should be doable, only thing to wire around is the stator/starter controller that is part of the ecu. I was thinking of microsquirt as a better and cheaper option that what is offered at the moment.
That's the complication because the flywheel/stator doesn't have any pick-up for ignition. I'm still researching more about the mircrosquirt option about ignition pick-up. might have to custom a slim gear teeth attachment on the flywheel for a hall sensor to create a pick up.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

jpanem wrote:I'm gonna bite the bullet on this. Since there's no available tuning standalone ecu for the 2013 PCX 150 motors, I'm going to try out the microsquirt standalone ecu. I was on a the Yuminashi piggy back and its good for the stock motor. Since I've BBK my motor to a TRP 175cc kit, the Yuminashi piggy back took a dump on me to where I couldn't send my changes on fuel or ignition to the piggyback unit. I was with other tuners from different companies like Hoedar and aRacer when this piggyback crap out on me... felt embrassing lol. Hoedar would be the dream standalone ecu but the mircrosquirt is the closes to the hoedar with a little more work.

I've been toying about this idea for a while and seems the best route to get some power out of the PCX motor. I might continue to update here if I remember.

BASE dyno for the TPR 175cc kit while 14.3 HP while A/F around 10.8 on stock ecu and no piggyback. There's still plenty of power to be made.
Have you got the link for the yuminashi piggy back? they had a couple of them out there...
Ive dynode mine not long ago @15.4hp although i reckon different dyno set up parameters give diff results. Few scooters tested back to back on the same dyno runs would be best to gauge true power up. Where in Aus are you? I'm on the GC.

Cheers
Vlad