My new Forza 125 has arrived

General Honda Forza 125 chat, questions about the Forza 125, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Spaguar
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018 Forza 125
Color: Silver/Pacific

My new Forza 125 has arrived

Post by Spaguar »

My brand new beauty has arrived
My Forza 125.jpg
My Forza 125.jpg (736.21 KiB) Viewed 1371 times
and spring weather with it too.
It's packed with technology, it's comfortable and powerful. The storage space is impressive, especially with the Top Box on.
No problem riding with the passenger. Getting on and off is still a bit challenging for my wife as her recently fractured leg is still insecure. We are trying out different embarking scenarios. The easiest so far was with Forza on a side stand, pillion sitting in first and thereafter me - the rider. I am still not fully confident in bike's stability on the side stand when she climbs first to the pillion seat but it seams to be working for us.
As of this week I am commuting to work, some 12 km in each direction and my cheerful mood has been noticed by my colleagues.
On my way home, I pick up my wife after her physical therapy so we both benefit, starting with no parking problem.
I'm hoping for a lot of beautiful weather this riding season.
Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
ImageImageImage
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Re: My new Forza 125 has arrived

Post by Oyabun »

Congrats. I like the 125 Forza.
Spaguar
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Spaguar »

Oyabun wrote:Congrats. I like the 125 Forza.
Thanks!
ImageImageImage
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Congrats it's a beauty! You should be smiling! She's loverly :P
But....
I have to say my mouth dropped when I read how your wife gets on. Stop! Accident waiting to happen!

Proper mounting procedure: bike not running, rider mounts feet on ground hands on bars stabilizes bike, pillion mounts second.
Proper dismount: the opposite.

Safety first. Let's Figure it out!

How about a one step step-stool? Rubbermaid for example. It's built strong, short and grippy. Sold at Home Depot, Walmart, big chain stores and small. Online too :D
In the past I got my Mom in and out of my truck using one and she was in late 80's then (now nearing 93).
Maybe you can build one that you'll be able to toss in your top box? Put on ye thinking cap...we can make this happen! Safety First, Always

Suggestions?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Daguang
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by Daguang »

love forza 125 more than pcx and forza 300... envy
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Daguang wrote:love forza 125 more than pcx and forza 300... envy
I might have to agree if you liked a tall screen like that, would really want some more picture angles :D
Spaguar
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Spaguar »

WhiteNoise wrote:Proper mounting procedure: bike not running, rider mounts feet on ground hands on bars stabilizes bike, pillion mounts second.
Proper dismount: the opposite.
I fully agree. Unfortunately, not possible at the moment, until her leg gets strong enough. We are very careful. I firmly hold bars and brakes and it works fine.
I got the idea from this clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBOMUU_XF-c .
I know, I know... Forza is not a Harley but it helps until we are fit for a proper procedure.
I certainly do not recommend it to anyone else.
WhiteNoise wrote:How about a one step step-stool?
I actually taught about it but it is simply not possible that we both mount the bike and after that toss the step-stool into the top-box.
Incredible how few videos are available about the pillion mounting and dismounting.
I only managed to compose these slides below and will stick to it as soon as possible.
Thanks for your concern though.
Pillion on off.jpg
Pillion on off.jpg (214.75 KiB) Viewed 1332 times
ImageImageImage
Spaguar
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Spaguar »

homie wrote:
Daguang wrote:love forza 125 more than pcx and forza 300... envy
I might have to agree if you liked a tall screen like that, would really want some more picture angles :D
This is the tallest of 5 possible screen positions which are easily adjustable.
ImageImageImage
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

It looks great. I am not surprised that you are dead chuffed with it. :)
Lafree
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: White

Post by Lafree »

Hi, I looked at a Forza 125 the same colour last week at my local Honda shop looks good but I'm curious as to the performance against a pcx as it is much heavier , I am also interested in the ride quality against a Pcx so has anybody ridden both. Spag for the last two years I have holidayed in Croatia super country lots of scooter but not so many Honda's may be because you are close to Italy , Lafree
Spaguar
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Spaguar »

Lafree wrote:Hi, I looked at a Forza 125 the same colour last week at my local Honda shop looks good but I'm curious as to the performance against a pcx as it is much heavier , I am also interested in the ride quality against a Pcx so has anybody ridden both. Spag for the last two years I have holidayed in Croatia super country lots of scooter but not so many Honda's may be because you are close to Italy , Lafree
Hi Lafree,
In Croatia you will mostly see 50 cc scooters for price reason. Forza 125 is not even offered by our local Honda dealer so they had to purchase it specifically for me from Honda Italy. They rather push the sale of SH125. Forza was even delivered to me without the owner's manual but I have found OM in Italian and read it before the delivery so it was not a problem for me. Btw, Forza 125 is actually an Italian product!
Sorry, I can not help with comparison to pcx or any other scooter as this is my first bike in a looong time.
If you can, take a test ride. I am sure that you will find it's performance and comfort surprisingly good.
I had no possibility for a test ride so I had to rely on numerous online reviews and YouTube videos. Luckily, it turned out to my full satisfaction.
ImageImageImage