New Forza 300 2018 is coming!

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Embattle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Re: New Forza 300 2018 is coming!

Post by Embattle »

It is very nice looking, shame it has taken so long to arrive.
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

Embattle wrote:It is very nice looking, shame it has taken so long to arrive.
I don't think Honda were in any hurry to release it.

The SH300 has sold steadily throughout its life and there was nothing really wrong with the old Forza 300 either.
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

I'm pretty sold on the new Forza 300. Registered my interest with Dobles Honda and hoping to test ride one as soon as they become available.

I'll hang on to my present Chinese auto until then, but if it's as good as I think it will be, I'll be buying one of the first ones in the UK.

8)

https://www.doble.co.uk/newsitem/40635/ ... a-300.aspx
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

Looks great, hope it makes it here. I'm looking to separate my CB300F into a super sport for fun and scooter for everything else.
davenowherejones wrote: Are the mirror turn signals legal in Canada? USA?
Yes.

2015 Honda CB300F ABS
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

lillypinkjenny wrote:I'm pretty sold on the new Forza 300. Registered my interest with Dobles Honda and hoping to test ride one as soon as they become available.

I'll hang on to my present Chinese auto until then, but if it's as good as I think it will be, I'll be buying one of the first ones in the UK.

8)

https://www.doble.co.uk/newsitem/40635/ ... a-300.aspx
I'd be interested in a look at the new one. The current 300 is ok, but it's a bit bloated and I prefer the nippiness of my SH300 over my previous Forza. My concern is around pricing, as new Honda models are becoming extortionate.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

lillypinkjenny wrote:if it's as good as I think it will be, I'll be buying one of the first ones in the UK.
I would counsel against.
Early adopters get to be Honda's unpaid road testers.
I had one of the first of the previous model Forza 300 and it was beset with numerous niggly problems.
My advice would be to wait 18 months to two years before buying one.

But if you want a 300 scoot for the start of the better weather, there's good deals to be had on the Kawasaki J300, you can get a brand new 18 reg one for £4000 which is around £700 less than a Forza 125.
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 3174677275
Or a team green coloured pre-reg for £3995
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 7067126446

With all the gizmos the new Forza 300 comes with I doubt you'll see much (if any) change from £6000
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
dpbroussard
Color: red

Post by dpbroussard »

I like the new design and would buy one if it comes to America. I felt my 2017 pcx was too small for the rural roads. My 2014 forza is the perfect size and very comfortable to ride. I think the 650 silverwing is too big and expensive. So, Honda needs to start selling the new Forza in the USA.
David
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

dpbroussard wrote:I like the new design and would buy one if it comes to America. I felt my 2017 pcx was too small for the rural roads. My 2014 forza is the perfect size and very comfortable to ride. I think the 650 silverwing is too big and expensive. So, Honda needs to start selling the new Forza in the USA.
You don't get the SH300 so I guess that Honda will give you the Forza instead.
dpbroussard
Color: red

Post by dpbroussard »

My first scooter was a 2007 Aprilia scarabeo, which was nice but no dealership support. I was always a big fan of big wheel scooters. But now I like the Honda brand and the forza is perfect for me.
David
aguim
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014

Post by aguim »

Same old unreliable bullshit from the the bloke who says 'all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong' .
I have an early 2014 Forza with 27K , and not a single mechanical issue to report. Hell, even the original belt still looks nice as new...

The new one I find kinda weird looking -- a very subjective appreciation -- but there should be no issue with it. Go for it !

I'm just wondering why you'd not consider the Xmax 300, though. It has more power and the same
built quality.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

aguim wrote:I have an early 2014 Forza with 27K , and not a single mechanical issue to report. Hell, even the original belt still looks nice as new...
A 2014 Forza is a year after launch.
And your experience reinforces my point, its not a good idea to buy a new model Honda till after the wrinkles have been ironed out.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
aguim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by aguim »

You don't know much about my 'experiences' with Hondas, evidently.
Here, bloke : I've own about 20 new Hondas in the past and was never let down. Enough said.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Did your 2014 Forza get the two fuel pump recalls and the rear brake recall?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

aguim wrote:Same old unreliable bullshit from the the bloke who says 'all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong' .
I have an early 2014 Forza with 27K , and not a single mechanical issue to report. Hell, even the original belt still looks nice as new...

The new one I find kinda weird looking -- a very subjective appreciation -- but there should be no issue with it. Go for it !

I'm just wondering why you'd not consider the Xmax 300, though. It has more power and the same
built quality.
Mine was 6/13 Vin ends in 000098. So first week? First day? Was yours earlier or later than mine?

Now with 70,000 km. Once I got all of the problems sorted out it became a nice scooter. I highly suspect it left the factory with no fork oil. It sure became better after I had some added.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

I have 14 as well..nery a hiccup!The dealer said all the recalls were done,but I think he was blowing me off..Any way to check?..Why should I bother,it runs too good ,so why mess with a good thing..(fingers crossed)
aguim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by aguim »

Dave,

Scooter is stored a few miles away, all I remember is ' early 2014, VIN ..........500033X .

No oil in the forks would have them seized tight in no time !? Mine's oil was still very nice and
sufficient @ 15K when I changed it (BelRay 10w, no real imrovement felt).

Now that yours is up to 70K (with freaky 12,000 km oil changes !), I feel like mine will last FOREVER.
So keep piling them miles, please (I cant quite figure how that tiny cam chain can last so
long with that blackish 'stuff' circulating around...)
aguim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by aguim »

[quote="easyrider"]I have 14 as well..nery a hiccup!The dealer said all the recalls were done,but I think he was blowing me off..Any way to check?..Why should I bother,it runs too good ,so why mess with a good thing..(fingers crossed)[/quote

"all the recalls"...

...like there was a ton of them? No.

The only 'serious' one was with the fuel pump (latest looks exactly like the original one, only an internal plastic part with less sensitivity to additives was changed).

The brake recall was about the caliper's banjo bolt not beeing tight enough on a very few models.

(Mine's original pump was still pumping 43 psi/115cc per 10 secs @ 13Kkm when I changed it for
free (but I only use non-ethanol, which probably helped a lot).
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

I would counsel against.
Early adopters get to be Honda's unpaid road testers.
I had one of the first of the previous model Forza 300 and it was beset with numerous niggly problems.
My advice would be to wait 18 months to two years before buying one.

But if you want a 300 scoot for the start of the better weather, there's good deals to be had on the Kawasaki J300, you can get a brand new 18 reg one for £4000 which is around £700 less than a Forza 125.
[/quote]

Good points. Him indoors bought a new model Suzuki a few years back and it had a few recalls.

None were any real problem though and it certainly hasn't destroyed any of his confidence in the brand, possibly the reverse.

I like the J300 but possibly not enough to buy one.
aguim wrote:Same old unreliable bullshit from the the bloke who says 'all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong' .

built quality.
Good points again. I value GN2's advice and also value yours. It's based upon both your experiences and the opinions formed because of those experiences. Both are valid. :)

I've looked at the X-Max 300 too. I don't like it. I can't explain why, I just don't. I'd have to buy something I like.

I like what I've seen of the new Forza 300 so far. It stirs something, and that's important. 8)
Linnets
Year: Forza 300 2016
Color: Orange

Post by Linnets »

Just saw my first one today In a dealership in Thailand, I have to say in the flesh whilst it is still a long scooter it is now much more streamlined and less bloated than the current 2016 Forza I have. I like the reduced hump on the seat, the new instrument binnacle looks great too. looks like there is now only one front storage box now and I couldn't work out if it was lockable or not. I'm definitely going to upgrade to the new one when it's been out at least 6 months and any obvious niggles have come to light. On the road price here in Thailand will be around $5,400 dollars equivalent.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Does it have more legroom than the previous Forza, so slightly tall people can ride it?