Smartphone case for Forza 125 or GPS

General Honda Forza 125 chat, questions about the Forza 125, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Spaguar
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018 Forza 125
Color: Silver/Pacific

Smartphone case for Forza 125 or GPS

Post by Spaguar »

support-smartphone-honda-forza-125.jpg
support-smartphone-honda-forza-125.jpg (145.41 KiB) Viewed 815 times
Honda offers OEM smart phone support with USB charger included. I am considering to purchase it and have it installed and delivered to me with my new Forza 125. I don't talk too much on the phone but I am quite dependent on GPS.
The problem is that I can not get a touch & feel before I purchase it and the phone case looks quite large and might hinder the view of the instruments. Does any of you have it or have seen it mounted? Does it hinder the instruments view?
Also, how do you use your phone? do you use a Bluetooth earplug?
Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
ImageImageImage
Spaguar
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018 Forza 125
Color: Silver/Pacific

Re: Smartphone case for Forza 125 or GPS

Post by Spaguar »

To follow up on this subject
My Honda dealer has obtained a sample smartphone holder.

I've managed to squeeze my smartphone size of Samsung note into the box. Very tight.
It would even accommodate an L-shaped charger plug.
but
The limiters constantly squeezed my phone at the on/off button so it went into a programming mode.
Besides, the positioning and the size of the smartphone box blocked a part of the cockpit gauges and, on top, the box does not support the touchscreen functionality.
I had no choice but to thank the dealer for his effort and not purchase it.
Instead, I have purchased a no-name smartphone pouch for a fraction of a price that even supports touchscreen function. My son in law will produce for me a perfect fit for it to the rear view mirror fitting.
Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
ImageImageImage