Hole in plastic next to ignition

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

d1ckyh
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: Blue

Hole in plastic next to ignition

Post by d1ckyh »

So I got my new 2018 PCX yesterday and going over it, I found a small rectangular hole in the plastic, just right of the ignition panel. Behind it is some kind of white cylindrical object. So my questions are; 1- is it supposed to be there? 2- what is behind it (the white thing) and 3- can it and what covers it up?

I've been admiring the workmanship and build of the scooter and it seems odd that there would be a hole there.

Thanks for any input!

On a second note. my tool kit that came wit the scooter only contains a wire cable thingy with loops on each end and a black plastic cover. Any clue what this is? I have my own tools so the lack of a complete honda kit was not an issue, just can't figure out what this thing is...
PCX - Peace Comes with eXcellence

springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: white

Re: Hole in plastic next to ignition

Post by springer1 »

That’s all mine had too. Put it thru the metal loop on your helmet and then double it over and put both ends over the hook inside the seat ... close the seat and it’s a helmet lock cable. Some people use it for a tow cable too LoL.

Congrats on your pcx - you’ll be amazed what a 150 scoot can do. And welcome to the forum !
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

The hole is to check the brake fluid level. Shine a torch in and all will become clear :D
d1ckyh
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Blue

Post by d1ckyh »

Ah, it all makes sense. I initially thought the hole was for a non usa add-on and it was missing a cover. Thanks! I was about to take it back to the dealer and tell them to put a cover on it.
PCX - Peace Comes with eXcellence

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Crazy right? I asked the very same question when I got my '15. What's that "porthole" all about? Once I found out, I then wondered IF any fluid was in it :roll: I needed to shed some light in there. The fluid level turned out to be fine after I realized it was Clear in color! Lol

This from my 2015 owners manual: (sorry, it's a rainy dismal day here)
20180211_155811.png
20180211_155811.png (644.8 KiB) Viewed 317 times
About the tools? Got the same flimsy snap pouch with a helmet strap inside it. That's All Folks!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You